[2.5] Ngamahu's Blood - Ngamahu's Flame Warchief Chieftain

Video(s) :
Atziri
This was just my 3rd Atziri run ever so I was a bit shaky, but as you can see I barely ever take damage and the fights are trivial. Level 87 probably is a bit too high for normal Atziri, however the build doesn't perform any worse in any higher level content I've done yet. ( Done with old non Elemental Focus version )
Timestamps for Boss fights in the video description

Uber Lab, full key run
Deathless, full keys. Messy and slow since it was my first ever Uber Lab full key attempt so I run around a bit much, run over traps and position badly in the fights. Should show that the build is quiet capable of carrying someone playing as bad as me - I even forgot that I didnt have my curse removal quicksilver flask equipped so the amount of damage I took in the last fight was with vulnerability which normally wouldnt happen :)
Timestamps for Itzaro fights in the video description

Intro :
Ngamahu's Flame has high base damage, 50% fire conversion, comes with 20% fire penetration and is viable on its own even without Molten burst. Furthermore it synergizes better and benefits more than any other weapon from Chieftain's totem related Ascensions as well as Xoph's Blood. Combined with Kaom's Heart this is a high damage, high EHP, leeching dual totem build.

Features :
- 62k+ unbuffed damage per totem ( up to 146k+ with Conc Effect, Lion's Roar and Hinekora )
- 48% Fire penetration ( 58% with the boot enchantment ) - damage multiplier
- ~8k HP at level 90
- 1% of totem damage leeched as life
- Totems are reflect immune
- Totems are fire immune
- Totems themselves leech life and as such are quiet tanky
- 6,4% life regen - very useful for traps; trials are easy peasy, Uber lab is easy ( relatively - buffed Itzaro is always a threat ), Itzaro dies within seconds
- Almost 0% Chaos Resistance
- 50% movement speed

Drawbacks :
- None yet ( 0 deaths at lvl 87 doing Tier 13ish maps )
( build doesnt get lots of Dexterity so if someone wants to run Vaal Haste it requires some investment into Dexterity )

Core Items :
Ngamahu's Flame - preferably 6 linked
Xoph's Blood
Since Xoph's Blood is ridiculously expensive in Legacy it is possible to stick to Avatar of Fire ( top left of the passive tree - three points ) until one can / wants to afford it
Kaom's Heart
Devoto's Devotion

Current Gear & Gem links :

Passive tree ( lvl 90 )
Beyond Level 90 I would pick up two more 3 point jewels ( above Resolute Technique and below Iron Grip ) and life nodes ( or damage ). In Hardcore one might want to pick up Endurance charges.

Bandits :
Normal : Help Oak / 40 Base Life
Cruel : Help Kraytin / 8% Attack speed
Merciless : Kill all / Passive Point

Jewel stats ( in order of priority ) :
Life
Attack Speed ( axe, 2H, melee, generic )
Damage ( fire, area, axe, 2H, melee, physical, generic )
Chaos Resistance

Enchantments :
Helmet : 12% increased Ancestral Warchief Totem Radius or 40% increased Ancestral Warchief Totem Damage
Boots : Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently
Gloves : No viable enchantment - Spiked gloves ( 20% increased melee damage implicit ) are best in slot

Levelling :
Rushing Ancestral Bond ( picking up Warrior's Blood and Resolute Technique on the way ) should get you there right around level 28 when you get ( and use ) Ancestral Warchief. After Ancestral Bond rush to Blood Magic ( and the life nodes behind it ) and then progress towards Lava Lash and Art of the Gladiator. Time to pick up the Templar area with life and AoE. After that pick up jewel slots, life and damage as needed / wanted. As an experienced player levelling this build should be among the easiest ever.

- Level using Frost Blades dual wielding Last Resort till level 12.
- Then swap to Sunder and any strong ( cheap unique ) two hand weapon ( e.g. Pillar of the Caged God ) up to level 28.
- From now on just swap your two handed weapon to any best DPS one ( any weapon type, cheap uniques are e.g. Geofri's Baptism, Rigwald's Charge, Terminus Est ) every few levels till level 55.
- At level 55 with Ngamahu's Flame the game becomes a joke.

Final notes :
The build can be geared more defensively by using Atziri's Step ( and the chance to dodge spells if you have taken spell damage recently enchantment ) for up to 26% spell dodge but with less damage since the gloves / jewelry would have to make up for the resistance loss.

Changes :
- Replaced Faster Attacks with Elemental Focus and adjusted text accordingly
Thanks @incinerate for pointing it out. While Faster Attacks feels better Elemental Focus gives a lot more DPS and enables usage of the "Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently" boot enchantment
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Mar 13, 2017, 9:04:59 AM
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2017, 1:52:47 PM
Would love to see how the build goes in T16s and uber atziri.
"
Exodus_820 wrote:
Would love to see how the build goes in T16s and uber atziri.

Sadly I am bad at ( and bored of ) mapping and not even close to getting my hands on T16 maps ( I just hate throwing Chaos orbs at bad layout maps - am currrently fixing my Atlas that I had to brick to get the challenges done but that will take weeks ). I might do a few more Atziri runs tomorrow though so I can record an Uber Atziri run if I am lucky. I also might try and record a full key Uber Lab run ( which might not do the build justice since I never did it and I might be worse at it than the build ^^ )
I ran a similar build in BHC. Ripped pretty early unfortunately (my own fault though). Was clearing up to T14 pretty comfortably.

Differences were as follows I didn't use BM. That let's you run herald of ash + Hatred (use a Pyre for full conversion). I then also replaced added fire with elemental focus (this again scales your aura *and* all your converted weapon damage if I'm not mistaken). Granted it means you waste 2 Ascendacy points but I don't think the ignite damage is that great anyway.
"
incinerate wrote:
I ran a similar build in BHC. Ripped pretty early unfortunately (my own fault though). Was clearing up to T14 pretty comfortably.

Differences were as follows I didn't use BM. That let's you run herald of ash + Hatred (use a Pyre for full conversion). I then also replaced added fire with elemental focus (this again scales your aura *and* all your converted weapon damage if I'm not mistaken). Granted it means you waste 2 Ascendacy points but I don't think the ignite damage is that great anyway.

Elemental Focus definatly is an option, especially since it adds reliable 10% more Fire Penetration from the respective boot enchant. When I record an Uber Lab run today ( hopefully deathless, I hate Uber lab ^^ ) and get the right enchant eventually I will probably swap to Elemental Focus and update the build. That will be a nice buff to tooltip DPS as well as Fire pen.

Thx for the heads up.
Last edited by AdFinitum on Jan 20, 2017, 11:09:47 PM
Added Uber Lab, full key run

Messy and slow since I usually avoid the lab and am not used to speed running it. But easy.
Last edited by AdFinitum on Jan 21, 2017, 1:38:05 AM
Awesome build, leveling it atm, just hit 60+ :)

Can you give any advice for stats to look out for on gear ?
Ring and amu, added phys ? Ele dps ? Or what is bis ?

Regards / Nerf
-Nerf
"
robin_nerf wrote:
Awesome build, leveling it atm, just hit 60+ :)

Can you give any advice for stats to look out for on gear ?
Ring and amu, added phys ? Ele dps ? Or what is bis ?

Regards / Nerf

The best dps stat is Weapon Elemental Damage then added flat physical damage and least important added flat fire damage, only if there are no better mods to craft since it does not benefit from the passive increases to physical damage.

On your ring for instance added physical damage should give you more dps than added fire damage.

On gloves the best dps stat is attack speed.

I hope the build did not get hit too hard by the AoE nerfs...
Last edited by AdFinitum on Mar 13, 2017, 9:06:24 AM
Got my Ngamahu's 6-linked :D
But what is the best 6-link (20/20) : Elemental focus or Fire penetration (10% Fire Damage & Penetrate 37% Fire Resistance) ?
-Nerf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info