I feel bad for GGG

Are they releasing it on PS4?
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
as a fan of horror shows im enjoying the side by side concepts that theyre both 'selling out' and betraying peoples 'investments' in the game.

So theyre selling out, going for xbox because it will probably end up making them a lot of money, and betraying peoples investments because rather than invest in the pc game they spent a bit of money on an xbox version... thats going to make them a lot of money... thats going back into developing the game we play... so they took some money intended to fund the game, multiplied it so that they had even more money to fund the game and made the player base bigger ensuring more long term stability for the company that we all need to stay afloat to keep the game alive for us?

Ya theyre totally awful people, how could they possibly do this to us? Those fund misappropriating sellouts, with their wasting our money to make a lot more money that theyre obviously going to spend on pizza and yachts rather than poe content for both platforms to enjoy, the bastards, how dare they?

unbelievable?

yeah, its completely unbelievable, the fact that people actually seem to believe it regardless is a harrowing window into the stupidity of human beings. Its blown my entire popcorn budget for the month in a matter of days.
how is the first part (selling out) not true ?

while I agree with you about the whole 'muh investment' stuff, the whole 'they will make more money and make the core base happier' is also not gonna happen. I dont think they betrayed any of my 'investment', but once companies/artists/authors sell out, there's usually no going back. sure they will put the money back in the game, but the game will not be catered to the core base anymore.

sorry snorkle, some of us (me, for example) would rather die than live with their balls cut off. some of us (me, for example)would rather see a poor poe that is niche than a rich poe that is catering to a huge fanbase that is mostly casual

I cant think of a single PC game that started as a niche, crossed over, made money and went back to its niche roots, abandoning its newfound large casual fanbase.

every prominent example I can think of, did just the opposite that- dumbed the fuck down got money and assumed it was the correct way to go. even valve who is extremely careful about this stuff, dumbed down with portal because oh noes console gamers will have an aneurysm while trying to do 3 actions at once. oh noes console gamers will be stuck trying to put a portal on every wall, must clearly show them where you can put one and where you cannot. oh and meanwhile lets reduce this number drastically so their brain wouldnt fry.
no, we cant POSSIBLY have frustrated gamers in a game about puzzle solving.
Last edited by grepman on Jan 21, 2017, 4:35:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info