I feel bad for GGG

I mean, they put a lot of effort and time and yes, true, also money into creating the xBox one version so even more people get access to this awesome game, hoping to get people even more excited for the game and everyone just trashtalks the hell out of them.
Like... wtf is wrong with those people? You supported GGG of your own volition, it was never promised that the money will used exclusively the PC version or even path of exile.
I don't care what the other say, I think GGG did an amazing job once again. Heck, we even got some teasers for act 5 out of the trailer!
So could you please for once maybe instead of complaining just... not complain? I'm starting to get fed up with stuff like this.
Sincerely, a *slightly* mad supporter of GGG.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2017, 4:34:35 AM
Imo people are upset because they feel cheated. With their money they tough, they are buying/supporting development time for game they are playing and not for game they will hardly touch. Word "support" is manipulative in its base, its simple marketing trick that make supporter feel better how he spend his money and is willing to spend more; support means more intimate relationship than just buyer/seller. GGG for this kind of manipulation deserves those comments.

Nevertheless I am quite happy that there will be gamepad version of PoE, maybe new approach to console can bring more diversity and ideas to PC as well. Also is true that if there is port from one platform to another, game can struggle, but if there are two teams, one for PC and one for console, than hopefully PC can maintain its standard.
I don't, they gonna make a lot of money.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I've probably spent close to 900 USD on GGG. Prior to GGG the only game I've paid more than that for were Diablo 2 (cuz I either lost my CD keys or the CD broke), StarCraft (same reasons), and League of Legends (garage team like GGG coming out of StarCraft rather than Diablo 2; hell yeah!).

I liked the game. I wanted to see it move further. It did. I got what I paid for. I haven't bought a pack since Atlas of Worlds because I've grown concerned over the gameplay direction (love the art, love the new acts, love pretty much everything else, really), but the gameplay is quickly turning away from what I feel was its soul.

Remember when Rain of Arrows was actually a thing? Not a hipster purposefully off-meta build? Remember when 30K tooltip damage was impressive and something to boast about?

True, knowledge and experience breed an easier environment and now players know how to do things effectively where previously it was mostly experimentation. But it's more than that; the power creep that gets added every now and then has changed the feel of the game and it's sort of disappointing.

But I don't feel bad for GGG. They knew ahead of time that this announcement would create a broken base. They've gained a larger player base by expanding to Xbox. They've undoubtedly lost some of their original player base by doing this. Regardless, this is probably strategic. The current members who see this as a personal attack and abandon all support will probably be drowned out by the flood of income console gamers will provide, easily compensating for the loss. They still stand to gain from this.

I don't hate them for what they've done, and I'll probably support them more in the future with the improvements already provided and promises of more to come. But I doubt I'll ever buy a "big" pack again. I think the last one I bought was the Prophecy pack, and I'm definitely grabbing the Breach one. I still play the hell out of the game, and I want to continue to do so, so I will continue to support them. I think anyone who can do this should.

And while I don't think GGG deserve the hatred being thrown at them, they definitely don't deserve any pity.

Madness,

-Necronomicon Creator
Bring back race seasons.
I don't, they have a large growing community, that cares/ed about the game. The community tries to make the game better even when GGG does not deliver (see all the 3rd party things for poe).

And they decide the best way to use that trust and following is ignore the issues with the main game in favour of porting the game to a console.

And before anyone says that we actually got some benefits from the port, we would have likely gotten twice as much if not more if the team were actually 100% focused on the base game and PC as the platform.

Edit:

Also remember the times when GGG was a dev that communicated closly with the community. I do, but those times are long gone. The times when they still had fun and not every decision was business oriented.
Last edited by deathspenalty on Jan 20, 2017, 8:31:36 AM
Well, I can agree that they're currently taking a step in a direction that... is not really all that attractive to a lot of players.
In my opinion, instead of throwing buffs everywhere, they should have reduced values of other equipment/skills and adjusted the monsters at the same time, though this could prove to be problematic because it would create legacy items and make some that are already legacy items even stronger.
The passive skill tree should have some branches cut and others grafted on, mostly to even out things between life and ES, the worst culprits being ghost reaver, vaal pact and life and ES nodes in general.
Still, I look forward to 3.0 and the changes to claws and one handed swords. Hopefully the goddess unleashed will become as attractive stat/effect-wise as she already is in both voice, backstory and 3D art, that would be amazing. (GGG, please. She and charan both deserve it.)
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
133% physical damage added as fire damage!
#makeGoddessgreatfinally

Just give her better crit chance than the second incarnation. It makes no sense to me that upgrading the sword actually downgrades the crit chance.
"
#makeGoddessgreatfinally

Yeah!
Censored.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
#makeGoddessgreatfinally

Since so many things have onslaught, I'd also like to see TGU grant an acceleration shrine boost instead of just onslaught. Wishful thinking, I know, but I think it would truly bring the "blessing" into that realm of divine madness.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
as a fan of horror shows im enjoying the side by side concepts that theyre both 'selling out' and betraying peoples 'investments' in the game.

So theyre selling out, going for xbox because it will probably end up making them a lot of money, and betraying peoples investments because rather than invest in the pc game they spent a bit of money on an xbox version... thats going to make them a lot of money... thats going back into developing the game we play... so they took some money intended to fund the game, multiplied it so that they had even more money to fund the game and made the player base bigger ensuring more long term stability for the company that we all need to stay afloat to keep the game alive for us?

Ya theyre totally awful people, how could they possibly do this to us? Those fund misappropriating sellouts, with their wasting our money to make a lot more money that theyre obviously going to spend on pizza and yachts rather than poe content for both platforms to enjoy, the bastards, how dare they?

unbelievable?

yeah, its completely unbelievable, the fact that people actually seem to believe it regardless is a harrowing window into the stupidity of human beings. Its blown my entire popcorn budget for the month in a matter of days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info