Plans to support PC to XBox account migration?

So I understand the reason GGG is rolling out an XBox version - they want to appeal to the kiddie market that can't afford a good PC. Got that. Makes good business sense.

But why on planet Earth would anyone want to migrate from a PC to an X-Box?
That's like saying: I'm tired of driving my Porsche 911 Carrera, I think I'll take the Yugo out this weekend instead.
Path of Exile is made for the PC Master Race cant understand why ppl want to move to Xbox rofl.
"
Chris wrote:
Sorry for the slow reply here!

No migration is possible between PC and Xbox One realms. They're different games, so you can't bring across your characters and items.

Microtransactions can't be moved between platforms. This is not something that is allowed.

Chris, can you explain why Smite (PC Game) was able to port over all their micro transactions and skins over to their Xbox accounts then?

It's the basically the same thing, and it's been done (non character just mtx) They allowed players to migrate micro transactions from PC to Xbox. I think for players who have invested 100's or 1000's of dollars into PC micro transactions at least having those on Xbox would be a nice gesture. You don't need to migrate characters to do that. I'm no developer so I can't tell you how to do it, but I've seen it done.

It could even be done by giving a one time use code to upgrade your Xbox account with the equivalent amount of coins that your existing items are worth or some other work around.

I can tell you that because I missed the deadline for smite migration I have never played Xbox smite, out of my annoyance of not having all my purchased items on the other platform. Granted, that's me not everyone. Obviously you wouldn't want to do this forever but some type of grace period for existing customers would be nice gesture.

Maybe Microsoft would want a cut of those profits? but if you're not remaking any money on them I don't know why they wouldn't let you.
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
Last edited by CrownOfThorns on Feb 21, 2017, 4:34:09 PM
"
Oh hell no. This economy has perfect items and mirrored 6 tier 1 gears. Lets not bring all that stuff to Xbox and ruin their economy too. Eternals do not exist any more. Let people gamble/craft without feeling like their item will never beat the ones that already exist.

Once again for the morons too dense to actually read.

MTX, NOT items. Paid stash tabs and cosmetics. This affects nobody.

Yes, I know the OP mentions characters and currency. it's obvious that will not happen. However, MTX should be moved if they want people to continue purchasing.
Last edited by Xaaz23 on Feb 21, 2017, 1:54:51 PM
"
Xaaz23 wrote:
"
Oh hell no. This economy has perfect items and mirrored 6 tier 1 gears. Lets not bring all that stuff to Xbox and ruin their economy too. Eternals do not exist any more. Let people gamble/craft without feeling like their item will never beat the ones that already exist.

Once again for the morons too dense to actually read.

MTX, NOT items. Paid stash tabs and cosmetics. This affects nobody.

Yes, I know the OP mentions characters and currency. it's obvious that will not happen. However, MTX should be moved if they want people to continue purchasing.

I made a post about this literally an hour after the announcement and still no one seemed to get it. MTX should be able to be moved if they want to appease existing customers. Why would I switch to Xbox and ask my friends to try it on Xbox with me, if I'm annoyed I'm losing out on 300$ in MTX ive paid for and tabs.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
This needs an official stance asap.

But I know it's not a simple matter. There are negotiations required.

IMO if they cant negotiate a migration with Xbox and don't wanna pay anything they should atleast be able to assign all MTX / coins a value. Then under website account tab give a code - say its good for 6-12 months from release of Xbox PoE.

If you redeem said code on Xbox within 6-12 months before code expires that account will get the value of its coins/MTX on xbox at time said report/value decided (Release date).

This would let you ATLEAST get the coin value as an existing customer on the new port. They don't have to do this but IMO if you want me and existing PC gamers to get our friends involved and even consider switching this would go a long way. I know if I get all my coins/mtx I'd get atleast 3 of my friends to download/try PoE. If not, I'm sticking PC 100% of the way.
Why would you need all this? Just start fresh char and engoy game.
I dont care about playing the game on console, I just want to play the game with a freaking controller!!! Why cant I have this???? WHY???????
$bestGameEver = new Game(POA);
$everyThingElse = new Array( D2, D3, TL2, DS3, GD, TQ );

for($time=0; $time<infinity+1, $time++){
░░░░$bestGameEver.own($everyThingElse);
}

$everyThingElse.lose();
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Sorry for the slow reply here!

No migration is possible between PC and Xbox One realms. They're different games, so you can't bring across your characters and items.

Microtransactions can't be moved between platforms. This is not something that is allowed.

Chris, can you explain why Smite (PC Game) was able to port over all their micro transactions and skins over to their Xbox accounts then?

Is the PC version and XBox version of Smite different or are they exactly the same? If they're the same game then he already answered your question by saying the Xbox One PoE is a different game from the PC version
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:

IMO if they cant negotiate a migration with Xbox and don't wanna pay anything they should atleast be able to assign all MTX / coins a value. Then under website account tab give a code - say its good for 6-12 months from release of Xbox PoE.

If you redeem said code on Xbox within 6-12 months before code expires that account will get the value of its coins/MTX on xbox at time said report/value decided (Release date).

This would let you ATLEAST get the coin value as an existing customer on the new port. They don't have to do this but IMO if you want me and existing PC gamers to get our friends involved and even consider switching this would go a long way. I know if I get all my coins/mtx I'd get atleast 3 of my friends to download/try PoE. If not, I'm sticking PC 100% of the way.

I was going to suggest something like this. My version was maybe people who already have coins on PC could forfeit them and in that way transfer their existing balance of coins to console. This seems like a way to make a gesture that involves the least work for GGG. This would benefit the big spenders the most, I think, right? Because they have all the mtx and nothing to spend coins on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info