So will the casual Xbox one player get godlike gear on day 2 like d3?

As chris stated in an interview that the PC version will be balanced and that balance shall be ported to Xbox if possible and not the other way around.

I was wondering if there will be a casualization in the Xbox version so that casual consoleros will be able to get perfect gear real quick (like it is in diablo 3).

Im wondering because that would actually be the biggest negative downside if the console version comes with a better droprate algorithm (also called RNG).

As why would players feel to continune play the PC version and donate any money if you can reach the same goals much quicker on the console version.

Thats my biggest worry about the console news.

Edit: Im serious with this and would greatly appreciate an official statement.
Last edited by zzang on Jan 23, 2017, 8:30:57 AM
Last bumped on Jan 27, 2017, 10:31:23 AM
I was wondering the same. Trade on Xbone will be a shit show without poe.trade. So I can imagine they will balance it more for self found aka better drops.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jan 19, 2017, 3:34:40 PM
The console crowd has less patience so I imagine the game will be drastically easier or at the very least the horrendous grind from 1 to 60 will be much faster.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
i remeber the d3 days of console relase,
in that days that was never hapend, so players waited.

after the relase
all the pc players made a rebellion threads,
(the OP's meantions that)
after 2 days cheats showed up: oh boy!

i dont wanna see the same scenario, seriously.

thats why all the pc players making rebellion threads,
even before the relase.

becouse of shit happened before,
and no one wanna fell like that again.

i mean if OP's nightmare becomes real,
(i dont want it too)
oh boy!...
Give me your heart,
And i will give you beauty,
Beyond your darkest dreams. -Atziri, Queen of the Vaal
I get gg geared in two weeks already so i dont see much difference. Yeah I'm betting on self founded, smart drops, good crafting, fast leveling, etc - 2 weeks for consol crowd

Just like the D3 consol
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 19, 2017, 3:56:30 PM
I assume not right away but yeah I guess in the long term this is the direction the game is heading towards.

GGG's decision to rely on poe.trade is gonna bite them on their ass unless (as mentioned) self found gear does not drastically improve at least on the console realm.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I get gg geared in two weeks already so i dont see much difference. Yeah I'm betting on SF, good crafting etc 2 weeks.

Im talking about casual console players not about players who sit on a chair with a buildin toilet.

And if the console version is out as someone pointed already out people could cheat their way into mirror gear after installing the game.
Last edited by zzang on Jan 19, 2017, 3:58:30 PM
Imagine just looking at the wiki while playing your Xbone to figure stuff out, let alone crafting and knowing what roll you have lol... sure glad I dont console anymore. And the trading... lol

But as far as Xbone players getting geared easier... why give a shit, It has nothing to do with PC?

Last edited by chaoticwon on Jan 19, 2017, 4:16:05 PM
"
chaoticwon wrote:

But as far as Xbone players getting geared easier... why give a shit, It has nothing to do with PC?

Maybe it doesnt bother you but it bothers enough people to have a discussion. Im bothered because why play the game with a grindfest algorithm when i can have better gear in a fraction of the time investment?

It would be like a great sellout of PoE core principles for the console port.
"
zzang wrote:
So will the casual Xbox one player get godlike gear in 2 weeks like d3?

If he does, what's wrong with that? It's two different realms.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info