How to add Breach to the game

The obvious, easiest solution, would be to add Breach to Zana mods.

Breachstone runs are so fun, it would be a travesty to exclude them going forward, however...

Using Zana as the means is a bad idea. Imo Zana is already saturated by league mods. Let's put things into perspective.

Imagine if prophecy was a zana mod. In other words, silver coins only dropped in maps with the mod. You can only imagine how long it would take before people had access to Breath/Reach of the council for their builds. Not to mention the cost.

Now let's think about the most notorious of the breach spawns, Chayula. I've done 2 self found chayula breachstones this league, both took almost a month each. This is in a league where breaches have essentially an 80% chance to spawn (seems like about 20% of my maps/zones have no breaches). Imagine paying lets say 4c per map and yielding maybe 12 of the lower tier breach splinters. The cost of items would be so insane, that perhaps only the top 1% would be able to use these cool items.

I personally haven't played HoWA, but I'm a massive fan of such items that incentivizes stacking little things to produce a big result (except shaper's touch lol, not sure what's going on there).

The best means of implementation IMO...

-Nerf the exp that these breach zones give. why?
-With a nerf to the exp that the zones give, they can then me added to the map drop pool (since they are essentially maps..)
-Esh,Xoph,Tul gets added to the T3 drop pool
-Uul-Netol to the T8
-Chayula, on the other hand should be added to the Tier 15+ drop pool. While it is only a lvl 80 (t13) zone I think it should take a while/it should only be attainable by doing the highest level content.

Rarity.

Well these have to be about as rare as a poorjoy's asylum, it simply can't be a common map.

TL;DR

Grinding through breach spawns as a paid zana map mod would kill the viability on several builds going forward, due to the hefty cost these items would have.
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2017, 2:47:57 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
JusJev wrote:

No thanks...i like breach but a zana mod kinda sucks, i'd prefer it to spawn the the core game like it dose now but at a lesser rate.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
JusJev wrote:

No thanks...i like breach but a zana mod kinda sucks, i'd prefer it to spawn the the core game like it dose now but at a lesser rate.

Yea that's what i'm saying, it would just be bad.

I think Essences are still too rare to be worthwhile. Not everyone is chasing after horror/insanity etc. I feel like if breach is added to the game in a similar manner it would be almost as bad as a zana mod. Unless of course the rarity isn't as bad as essences.
Breach should just be in as is. The game needs more content not less. They need to make vaal areas spawn in maps too.
"
Kahirn wrote:
The game needs more content not less.

The game needs more quality, not more content.

As for including breach... Meh, whatever... I don't give a shit about breach...
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
I think there are more than enough random encounters already. If Breach makes it into the core game, maybe it's time to rotate something else out. Shrines for example?
"
Alysma wrote:
I think there are more than enough random encounters already. If Breach makes it into the core game, maybe it's time to rotate something else out. Shrines for example?

The only thing about Shrines I liked about is that sometimes they are heavily packed, so it can be easy to rack up experience. Breach does the same thing, but that means they will have to appear as often as shrine does if they happened to be replaced, so more than what essence is usually encountered these days. I hope Breach does not get nerfed too much that it takes much longer to get enough of the shards to create the breachlord map, especially Chayula.

The only thing I would miss out from the shrine would be the wackiness of growing big, army of skeletons, echoing, and being invincible for a short duration. Though, the last two shrines are really rare, so meh, not too much to miss out.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
Kahirn wrote:
Breach should just be in as is. The game needs more content not less. They need to make vaal areas spawn in maps too.

No breach needs to be different, I'm not sure what the solution is but at this rate it just further encourages mass clearspeed and IMO that isn't good for the game.

In terms of vaal areas they could do a vaal master and give people an option to do that sort of thing, but I dont think its necessary. I guess one could argue they have trials in maps, which is suppose to be a separate thing for people to really do, why couldnt vaal be done in similar fashion, I guess the answer is so that it remains meaningful to farm for the corrupted pieces\zones\gems.

In terms of getting rid of any existing content to add anything else, I don't think that is great either because some people really enjoy various aspects of shrines.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Jan 19, 2017, 3:33:07 PM
I don't like the breach rush mechanics (I consider it unfair for large amount of builds) and hope breaches won't be added into the game after league.
Last edited by tsyt on Jan 20, 2017, 1:23:37 AM
"
tsyt wrote:
I don't like the breach rush mechanics (I consider it unfair for large amount of builds) and hope breaches won't be added into the game after league.

Its a bit naive to think it won't be added in some form or fashion. Bare min would be div cards for the domain map things.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info