My IQ just dropped, after the numerous whining threads.

PC players are the most entitled self centered fucks I've ever had the misfortune of meeting online. And this is coming from an exclusive PC player; I own no consoles whatsoever.

If the game was a console game, and they would port it to PC, dumbded down because obvious reasons, I'd raise an eyebrow, and would ask what sane person would play it. But a PC game being ported to a console, dumbed down as it may be, has 0 effect on me as a PC player. Because no sane developer would dumb down their own game on their original platform. And as Chris stated in the announcement; the console version will have a different realm because of those dumbed down features. Again no effect on you as a PC player.

And now the crowd shouts angrily at me: "but they have to split the team so they can develop for both versions, resulting in lower quality on both". Understandable, but do you really think that GGG are retarded? The devs that made this great game, and made it so successful would shoot themselves in the leg now? Since the port was made by a small team, while also doing the DX 11 for PC, I can't see how they can't continue to count on those same people, until they get some more money from the console version so they can get more people to work on the game for both platforms. I'm not a business graduate, but more customers means more money, more money, means better environment for development.

TL;DR: I'm amazed that people that supported this game over the years, and which probably noticed how trustworthy, and professional GGG are, simply turn into self centered entitled dicks just because a console is involved.

In conclusion for whoever read my wall of text: thanks for reading my rant.
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2017, 4:36:44 PM
"
lupasvasile wrote:
PC players are the most entitled self centered fucks I've ever had the misfortune of meeting online.

+1 - So hardcore... until they're forced to share their candy.
"
lupasvasile wrote:
...but do you really think that GGG are retarded? The devs that made this great game, and made it so successful would shoot themselves in the leg now? Since the port was made by a small team, while also doing the DX 11 for PC...

Yes, yes I do think that.

Especially when I consider how "well" the DX 11 version works for me and how "quickly" technical issues with it have been resolved (or... you know... not resolved...some bugs still have not been fixed... feel free to check out the technical help forum!)
Actually I noticed they went the corporate route and stopped supporting them, on my own accord. You also gotta approach things from two perspectives, business and gamer imo.

It's not hard to understand expansion into what would be a profitable area is good for GGG. But as a gamer, you have to feel something at least that the time you've spent waiting and the money you've given has not gone into the improvements you thought, and instead you funded POE on a platform that you're not gonna play. That's at least the way that I see it.

Also funny to me that now we got white knights coming out of the woodwork for this. More than one angle to look at.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
#PCmustardraceforlife
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
lupasvasile wrote:
PC players are the most entitled self centered fucks

let's not forget the extremists of the extremists that scream '' PC MASTERRACE'' every time they turn on their pc, and jizz their pants a bit.
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
Actually I noticed they went the corporate route and stopped supporting them, on my own accord. You also gotta approach things from two perspectives, business and gamer imo.

It's not hard to understand expansion into what would be a profitable area is good for GGG. But as a gamer, you have to feel something at least that the time you've spent waiting and the money you've given has not gone into the improvements you thought, and instead you funded POE on a platform that you're not gonna play. That's at least the way that I see it.

Also funny to me that now we got white knights coming out of the woodwork for this. More than one angle to look at.

It's fine to stop supporting them if you feel like you don't "feel it" anymore. But those demanding all of their money back? WTF? You payed when you enjoyed the game, but once you don't enjoy it anymore you automatically want your money back?

Also, I'm no white knight. I just find the self centered pricks insulting in general; and decided to throw in my opinion as well.
"
lupasvasile wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

It's fine to stop supporting them if you feel like you don't "feel it" anymore. But those demanding all of their money back? WTF? You payed when you enjoyed the game, but once you don't enjoy it anymore you automatically want your money back?

Also, I'm no white knight. I just find the self centered pricks insulting in general; and decided to throw in my opinion as well.

Ahhh yeah I'm more reasonable than that. I supported the game when I thought it was great. To me, it's gone to shit to my liking, but I don't want my money back as that was a decision on my part.

It just feels like shit from a retrospective as I'm sure some of the people who initially donated did want to see the money go towards performance improvements.

Maybe I misclassified you, so I'm glad we clarified. Just noticed people with like no posts suddenly coming out of the woodwork to "celebrate" this and I'm not really sure why.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
its just misguided anger, for the sake of being angry.
some people just need to be mad, for no reason.

I keep laughing at all these posts about "improve the game or spend it where I say spend it".

Name 1 moment, in all of history - anywhere, where, you gave someone money - and then you yourself got to dictate how that money is spent.
Would that work with WoW? Bethesda? Playstation? Marvel Movies? Your tax money? Your rent? The money you gave your mom on her birthday?

Your not a investor, your a customer, you dont own shares in the company.

You wanted shiney armor appearances, you paid X amount of dollars - got said items, there ended your transaction.

"The game hasnt improved".

So new sound system, 64 bit, DX11, multicore, improved visuals in all areas of the game, new leagues every 3 months, new servers in various regions, uniques regularly getting updates with unique art...

none of that is "improvement" huh?

no.

ok, well, I cant say anything to you, because clearly there is nothing that can be done to make you happy, so find a reason to be mad and stick with it.
I don't know if this counts as "Attacking other players" or not, but I gotta say, one of the most entertaining things about this forum is watching complainers complain about complaining.

God forbid someone like me starts complaining about the complainers that complain about complainers, though...
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info