Do you believe Chris when he say that console version has and will not impact POEpc negativly?

Remember when path of exile was in beta and Chris was promising custom leagues? Hype from that promise got me into game. GGG practice such philosophy to this day, promise features, improvements, reap benefits of a hype and then deliver late or never. Most recent example is channeling skills. We got estimated release date and it was pushed, again and again, reaping benefits of publicity and in the end delivering 3 unbalanced skills.
Last edited by kavinux on Jan 19, 2017, 6:31:14 PM
"
guggelhupf wrote:
"
Black_Gun wrote:
another example: the old, pre-nerf pathfinder class. on the pc, you could move, attack and constantly use flasks at virtually the same time. on the console, you would have needed one hand to control the movement joystick, one hand to use the flasks and one hand to use the skill buttons. so essentially, the old pathfinder playstyle would not work with console controls. guess what, they changed it. just like all the recently introduced active skill gems use directional targeting and big aoe. just like the nerf to not only the admittedly over-the-board coc discharge but to ALL coc builds really helps them stay within the performance limitations of the xbox.

thats pertty solid proof what thread is that from? I want to read what he quoted too

Console fuckery always happens folks. I've never seen a former great PC game not ruined by consolization. There is many articles about it on the web if you want details.

Just google

"Dragon Age consolization"

"Crysis consolization"

"Deux Ex consolization"

"COD consolization"

"Elderscrolls consolization"

etc
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 19, 2017, 6:48:57 PM
First step to improving PoE is by adding the new water system. ;)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
First step to improving PoE is by adding the new water system. ;)

Proving console is already effecting pc. Major console philosophy is visuals and cinematic over gameplay.
Lol nope.

Sorry to be rather blunt in the following statement.

But Chris has over the years become master of bullshitting.

I feel double shafted, since while i did support them for a long time, i even decided to throw some more money this league at them since it was rather enjoyable. I literally stopped playing my favourite kind of builds because of all the issues they have (summoners).

And for a while i was maybe even naive enough to believe that some changes are hard, or impossible at that time. But they wouldnt even give us fucking more keybinds.

THEY REDESIGNED THE WHOLE FUCKING UI AND CONTROLL SCHEME FOR THE XBONE AND ITS TOO HARD TO ADD A FUCKING LETTER AND A BOX FOR US?!

Not to mention the plethora of other issues PC already faces. I can't honestly wait for xbox users to face the reality of shitty optimisation. Since we know the game is anything but fine without an SSD a great computer. And if the game actually runs better on the xbox, im simply out. That would be on the level of insults that the D3 presentation on the last blizzcon was.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
I believe that he believes it.

That's been the crux of the matter for years.

The problem is he's a very nice guy. Wanting to believe him is incredibly tempting. And to this day, despite some epic mismanagement and failure of communication within the office, I think he's done an incredible job and deserves support IF you are still playing and enjoying this game.

As for Xav's implied question (will the port negatively impact Pc?), it's the same answer as always. Depends on your idea of negative. They've already made improvements to the game that were probably fast tracked with a console port in mind, and have been doing so for well over a year. But you can equally say some of the decisions were detrimental, particularly as regards simplifying the game by making it a pseudo shooter with melee in name only.

Looking ahead, I think it'll be a trade-off between console development eating into pc resource-wise and an aesthetically improved, more streamlined and generally finished PoE resulting from console players having higher standards in those areas. This is ironic but true, since they/we can't tweak the console the way a PC player can -- and as repeatedly noted, console players can't be expected to rely on third party tools to "complete" their gaming experience.

Well said, especially on the melee part. People have been saying how different poe feels for ages now. And honestly the Xbox development makes sense now. All that team expanding chris was talking about and we werent seeing fixes that the community asked for for years? Well priorities, i guess. And Xbox was one, as that will generate them revenue.

GGG really shows the development of the nice guy indie studio into the studio so many people dislike since its decisions are shaped by the industry. I know they cant afford to do things like they used too since now they have quite a few more people on board and they have many more financial responcibilities. But that is not why they became loved by the community and grew as they did.
define negatively, i'm 100% sure ggg sees 'negatively' differently than many players, i just cant wrap my mind about why they decided to push their game that is so complex into console market, which is mainly casual gamer oriented, somehow i cant imagine someone playing console game while having 10 browser tabs open with wiki and other external programs open
"
kavinux wrote:
Remember when path of exile was in beta and Chris was promising custom leagues? Hype from that promise got me into game. GGG practice such philosophy to this day, promise features, improvements, reap benefits of a hype and then deliver late or never. Most recent example is channeling skills. We got estimated release date and it was pushed, again and again, reaping benefits of publicity and in the end delivering 3 unbalanced skills.

Remeber almost 3 years ago when Chris said they were working on a new trading system that were gonna be finished soon?

This has been caught out lying on so many occations it is impossible to belive it any more. Besides, everyone with half a braincell understands that making a game for 2 platforms with so diffrent abilites will recuire sacrifices. (from the platform with better perfomance.)
chris wilson = jay wilson

double chinned greedy lying bastard
* Forum Avatar - $500USD
... -- Bex_GGG
Console ports of PC games will affect how the PC version of the game is made and decisions gone into it. If both are developed in tandem with one another then it will happen just as it's happened with other games in the past. This isn't anything new, we'll just have to see what level of 'affectiveness' this will have on the PC version.

Granted, there's already likely been a fair amount of changes that happened to this game because the console version had to be taken into account, potentially even some of the improvements we got already. Things like lockstep mode (something GGG said a while back wouldn't ever work that well...paraphrasing a bit). the recent graphical changes with DirectX, etc, etc...console development very likely had a big say in those.

It does make you wonder if perhaps there was no console version ever considered...would we have gotten some of the changes that we did in the first place?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info