WILL NO LONGER DONATE/SUPPORT GGG

"
Punica1980 wrote:
All these post about pissed of people who supported money.....

Stop pretending like every cent you support went to the console port! You are still getting new content and still getting QOL improvements for your money!

I think people were very clear that some of the money also went into the building, cleaning staff, salaries and all the other stuff necessary. But I think they also thought that what was left would go into the PC version of the game or a Mac Port (cf. https://www.pathofexile.com/faq#q9) - although a Mac port might be harder to do since Macs don't run DirectX, while the Xbox does.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
plodd wrote:

So let me get this straight, you're saying they haven't had enough support money for an mtx recall all feature?

Eeehm... Yeah... That is EXACTLY what I wrote...

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

Well, that's what this is about, or as Charan put it, PoE would need to grow on the PC more before venturing into new areas.
There is quite some stuff that needs fixing and people supporting partly do this in order to get the stuff fixed.
Now all of a sudden they see that instead of fixing stuff on the PC, they started porting the game to a console.
Add to that scepticism that this will financially be worth it and the fear that the console PoE will have an impact on the gameplay of the PC version and you might understand why some people are reacting like that.

I don't say they're right; and I think most people agree that GGG have to make money - however, views on how this money should be earned may differ.

People talk like it's "one thing or the other". Do people actually think that INSTEAD of fixing balance and bugs, they decided to port this to Xbox? It's pretty limited how many people can work on the same thing in a company with 100 employees. We have NO idea if or how much impact the work with the port had on other projects. For all we know, the small team that worked on the port was hired for only that role.

They CAN do things simultaneously in a company with so many employees. So this "instead"-word you and others use, is quite frankly strange (in lack of better words).
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

They CAN do things simultaneously in a company with so many employees. So this "instead"-word you and others use, is quite frankly strange (in lack of better words).

Yep, they can. It's still resources being used differently from what (some) people expected. And instead (heh) of simultaneously working on a port (that is of no use to those who complain) they could simultaneously have worked on the MTX recall, an MTX finder, sound for bottles (I still think this is some sort of running gag), option to reduces particles. They could even have worked on the improvements we got on the PC without porting to the Xbox.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
morbo wrote:

You can't hold it against GGG for wanting more cash, but you can still be sad that PoE is straying (even more) away from its roots of a hardcore niche game.

Of course you can be sad. Disappointed, even. But a lot of post here, goes beyond "sad", and leans more towards "unempatic, egoistic, entitled whine". Nothing out of the ordinary, in fact.

And I've been around since closed beta, and I still don't feel that they've strayed from this hard core niche game. The game has grown. Good games have a tendency to do that. Us longtimers knows everything. It's limited how hard core and niche a game can be, when players knows everything there is to know, by playing the game for years. I'm sure of it, if I started playing this game today, I would be as "lost" (if not more) as I was almost 5 years ago.

When the new realm is set, I'm sure it runs almost the same engine, and updates and patches are just numbers and models (and some mechanics), and can easily be pushed out to both realms without to much hassle.

I have also gone "haywire" with whinethreads before, regarding balance. But I still don't think the resources used to port the game would've made much difference, as, again, it's limited how many people can work on the same things. Last year, they've prioritized graphics/engine before balance. I hope they tweak that this year.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jan 19, 2017, 6:11:39 AM
As a regular supporter I must say I'm extremely disappointed by those news.

I do not play on console and don't plan to, good on GGG to try new territories by i'm really concerned about how they gonna follow that. There is tons of stuff who still ne to be fixed on the pc version including performances, balance and QoL (mostly trading improvement).

GGG is an indie company, how the hell are they gonna be able to work on everything at the same time ?
"
Punica1980 wrote:
All these posts about pissed of people who supported money.....

Stop pretending like every cent you support went to the console port! You are still getting new content and still getting QOL improvements for your money!

Oh don't fucking sugar coat it like what the fuck.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
brgillespie wrote:
"
Neomarl wrote:
HE PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE.

"
Neomarl wrote:
CHRIS WILSON CUCKED US INTO FINANCING CONSOLE PLEBEIANS.

this is the equivalent of having your girlfriend or wife cheat on you with a chad. i feel betrayed. seems like chris and the rest of GGG have forgotten where they've come from and who helped them get where they are today. maybe they need a little reminder.

anyways, i welcome GGG as the next bioware. here's to moronic decisions and stabbing your entire user base in the back. rip.
"
reimur wrote:
"
Neomarl wrote:
CHRIS WILSON CUCKED US INTO FINANCING CONSOLE PLEBEIANS.

this is the equivalent of having your girlfriend or wife cheat on you with a chad. i feel betrayed. seems like chris and the rest of GGG have forgotten where they've come from and who helped them get where they are today. maybe they need a little reminder.

anyways, i welcome GGG as the next bioware. here's to moronic decisions and stabbing your entire user base in the back. rip.

when it comes to eating development ressources, the support of 3+ languages probably took more developer time than the adaptation of the user interface for the xbox1.

i also hate consoles with passion and have my worries but the xbox1 isn't really more than crappy pc hardware with a controler attached.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Neomarl wrote:
AFTER DONATING CLOSE TO 200$ IN MTX+STASH TABS, ONLY TO HAVE MY MONEY WASTED ON A CONSOLE PORT, I WILL NO LONGER BE DONATING/SUPPORTING GGG. THIS IS A BETRAYAL OF THE HIGHEST KIND, WORSE THAN JUDAS BETRAYING JESUS.

CHRIS WILSON CUCKED US INTO FINANCING CONSOLE PLEBEIANS. HE PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE. THERE IS NO LONGER ANY DISCERNIBLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GGG AND BLIZZARD.

POST HERE IF YOU FEEL THE SAME, AND WILL NO LONGER GIVE GGG YOUR PRECIOUS $$$.

You are not entitled to absolutely anything else except the MTX you received for that money.

You have donated funds. You have no say in how they are used. If you were to daft to know that, well take it as a life lesson.

Plus 200 $ really? who gives a flying flop about your measly 200$. There are people who donated thousands and they are not crying in caps on forums. Get over yourself guy.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info