WILL NO LONGER DONATE/SUPPORT GGG

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I fear whats coming like many (consolization, shitty console UI, no trade, etc) but that has nothing do to with money well spent before.

Well, speak for yourself. I think it's a good attitude that can save people from frustration.
However, others have the right to feel differently about it and also have a point. It's not as if GGG thanked you for your purchase or money. Every time they announce a sale in game it is "Thank you for your generous support!", which might lead people to think that they were, well, supporters instead of mere clients.
For me "support" sounds like the money people give to GGG bound to put to a specific use - and I guess others understand it the same way.

So you gave them money for the fun you had... others gave them money to ensure they can have fun in the future, too, and have the same fears as you. So it's understandable they are somewhat miffed.

I can get that. But it's kinda naive...

Yeah, I'm not a good business man. Which is one reason I don't have my own and probably won't ever.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Easy on the cap cruise control, OP, your character might die to volatile blood if you are not paying enough attention.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jan 19, 2017, 4:14:35 AM
we only have one gaming pc in our house and we (me and my 2 sons) love playing poe, fortunately we have 3 xbox ones so when they got home from school and heard the news they were excited as heck ill be waiting to buy all of us supporter packs for xbox considering I was planning on building another gaming rig after tax time. This is going to save me a bunch of cash. Way to go GGG, when 1 player stops supporting 3 more start so it will work out for the best I hope
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
markww wrote:
It's neither donation or support. You purchased something which you benefited from. However it is GGGs marketing of packs as 'Supporter' packs that is biting them in the ass as everyone seems to feel entitled to have a say in the way the company should be run, you don't, you paid for something, you got it

Oh hey, argument from 2012. Missed you. Not.

You are a really poor quality troll 1/10
Yea we've been played for sure, but to be fair its been pretty obvious what GGG as a company are like for at least 2 years.

As to whether I will support any more or not the answer is, I will when they sort the pc version out properly and I mean a non beta version with ALL the qol that this game needs. The list is long so I wont bother listing it.
In short, no.

I think they have already had enough "support" to implement a recall all mtx feature for starters.

"
plodd wrote:
Yea we've been played for sure, but to be fair its been pretty obvious what GGG as a company are like for at least 2 years.

A company that nurses their product, updating it pretty often, with A LOT of new content every three months? And have done this for several years, without charging a dime? A company that has grown from a small indie company to ~100 employees? A company that tries to earn money? A company that tries to widen their horizon, expanding their product to a wider audience?

Oh the horror. My GOD you have been played.

You may view me as a "WhiteKnight" now, but I'm not. There's several things GGG are doing wrong. But give them credit when credit's due, and critique when critique's due. From a business point-of-view, this is a positive move. And you know, GGG is company that does business - and tries to earn money. I'm interested in what you would've done; expanding your product to maybe thousands of new customers, or catering to a few hundred, entitled whiners?

Give them some "hate" for the balance. Melee. Life vs ES. Scion. "Kill everything in seconds, because defenses are shit-meta. But I struggle to find very good reasons for all they hate they get on this subject.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
plodd wrote:

A company that nurses their product, updating it pretty often, with A LOT of new content every three months? And have done this for several years, without charging a dime? A company that has grown from a small indie company to ~100 employees? A company that tries to earn money? A company that tries to widen their horizon, expanding their product to a wider audience?

Oh the horror. My GOD you have been played.

You may view me as a "WhiteKnight" now, but I'm not. There's several things GGG are doing wrong. But give them credit when credit's due, and critique when critique's due. From a business point-of-view, this is a positive move. And you know, GGG is company that does business - and tries to earn money. I'm interested in what you would've done; expanding your product to maybe thousands of new customers, or catering to a few hundred, entitled whiners?

Give them some "hate" for the balance. Melee. Life vs ES. Scion. "Kill everything in seconds, because defenses are shit-meta. But I struggle to find very good reasons for all they hate they get on this subject.

So let me get this straight, you're saying they haven't had enough support money for an mtx recall all feature?
"
Phrazz wrote:

Well, that's what this is about, or as Charan put it, PoE would need to grow on the PC more before venturing into new areas.
There is quite some stuff that needs fixing and people supporting partly do this in order to get the stuff fixed.
Now all of a sudden they see that instead of fixing stuff on the PC, they started porting the game to a console.
Add to that scepticism that this will financially be worth it and the fear that the console PoE will have an impact on the gameplay of the PC version and you might understand why some people are reacting like that.

I don't say they're right; and I think most people agree that GGG have to make money - however, views on how this money should be earned may differ.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Phrazz wrote:
From a business point-of-view, this is a positive move. And you know, GGG is company that does business - and tries to earn money.

Of course and hardly anyone is disputing that is not a good business move. But more money and expanding business, doesn’t necessarily mean a better game. (else D3 would be the best ARPG ever created).

You can't hold it against GGG for wanting more cash, but you can still be sad that PoE is straying (even more) away from its roots of a hardcore niche game.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 19, 2017, 5:51:32 AM
All these posts about pissed of people who supported money.....

Stop pretending like every cent you support went to the console port! You are still getting new content and still getting QOL improvements for your money!
Last edited by Punica1980 on Jan 19, 2017, 5:56:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info