D3 is not a good example

"
Nssheepster wrote:
Everything I own, all yours for the first person to claim that, somehow, GGG is going to do what Blizzard couldn't do with way more advantages.
um, you said "claim", not "prove"? okay... somehow, GGG is going to do what Blizzard couldn't do with way more advantages
now gib me ur gear :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
shaunaclies wrote:

More often then not I want it over yonder right in the middle of the packs (warchief and all)

+1 for using "yonder" in everyday conversation. :D

Never thought of placing totems. You'd actually have to push a button that says "Don't move" and then place the cursor (is there one?) somewhere and push another button to place the totem. Seems weird.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
shaunaclies wrote:

More often then not I want it over yonder right in the middle of the packs (warchief and all)

+1 for using "yonder" in everyday conversation. :D

Never thought of placing totems. You'd actually have to push a button that says "Don't move" and then place the cursor (is there one?) somewhere and push another button to place the totem. Seems weird.
and now think about leap slam/flame dash
either ggg will change them so they always use shift-click behaviour (which isn't the best approach too), or... I don't even know what else you can do with their console version
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Jan 19, 2017, 4:34:00 AM
"
grepman wrote:
can't wait for more casuals flocking to forums and declaring themselves a majority. can't wait game being streamlined and dumbed down more and more than it already have. can't fucking wait.

I agree here. There was some hope that GGG would turn the tide of "casualization", but this news is pretty much the last nail in the figurative coffin. PoE will do just fine, I suppose, but the "hardcore niche PoE" is done.

Combat-wise it is already too easy and will become easier, for the sake of console clunky (for this type of games) controls.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
They're maintaining two distinct versions because they made the console version distinct. Not only was the UI totally changed to handle the way consoles work (and moving from a mouse/keyboard to a controller) but they also changed things like the view angle and made the game off-line.

Actually D3 was designed from the get go with the console version in mind, which is why it was somehow successful there (the combat gameplay suits the console well, unlike PoE style), but it hurt the PC version indirectly (dumbed down game in general, from character building to itemization and mechanics).

This is a gamble, we will see if it actually pays off instead of people assuming it will pay off immediately: many ports have barely paid of or even flopped, and it had and will have an opportunity cost for the main version of the game, regardless of how Chris tries to spin it. Those are the cold facts.

They probably should have launched a crowd funding campaign to finance it, but they didn't because they probably are not as sure as it would have been successful and it was easier from a PR PoV to tap on income from PC sales, however a lot of income from this game really comes from the good will of supporters not because "OMG MTX!!!" and ignoring that is naive. This would reinforce the notion that this very much a gamble.

Saying one thing and doing it are different thing, the problem with development is that small changes snowball over time and maintaining different versions of the same product is nightmarish. So past evidence tells us that even good-willed developers fall in this same trap and it ended up changing the core initial PC product (usually in detriment with that), that's why people is worried and with good reason. Even in cases of successful ports the console version ended up taking over the PC version priority, deriving more resources to the former and neglecting the second, with the PC version becoming more and more like the console version and not the other way around.

I'm not really that worried as I suspected GGG was turning the game more casual since 2.1, I've accepted it and minimised my support and purchases in the game and playing the game since then for what is worth: the proclaimed "AFK TV-clear speed-meta" Chris wrote about. Still a bit sad, but is not the first time as gamer I seen a product go like this, what many players miss is that what may be good for the company is not necessarily good for you as a player in the long run. The game being more successful does not mean we get a better game (yeah, more polished, but gameplay wise etc?) from our point of view necessarily (success at what cost?), it often is the contrary, in detriment for the game we supported initially.
Even if it does eventually fail on console they will still make money out of it.
If they decide to pull the plug on the console version it would mean more money for the PC version.

I still feel like it's not a terrible move of GGG. I'll even play the console version and if I like it I'll stay there.

I'm actually stoked about it because my laptop can't handle the FPS drops and I get the feeling I can play the console version without any FPS drops (CoC Cospri's Discharge FTW!).

All there is left to say is congrats to GGG for being succesfull and lets all hope it all goes well. Because when it does it will mean lots of more moneyz for development (for both the console version and the PC version).
Postcount +1
Last edited by iNotSure on Jan 19, 2017, 6:22:06 AM
"
SirSid wrote:

Cuz they just took our cash we spent on their game thinking it would be put back into support and development for THIS game only to find out they spent it on a console port. That will probley fail horribly and basically kill this version of the game ( i hope im wrong about this mind you but IDK ... )

That is why we are pissed off , and we have a right and a dame good reason to be pissed off about it

You have no clue how a supporter pack works.

The whole game is free. The money you pay for a supporter pack is a donation. You are not entitled to anything for that money except the MTX you receive for it. Ergo, they can invest that money in whatever they find appropriate.

At this time they found it appropriate to invest in a console version to give the opportunity to a different player base to enjoy the game. You just a selfish little kid.

I honestly am amazed every day of the lack of touch with reality some of you people have.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
D3 was built as a console game from ground up. It's also a very good console game tbh.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
SirSid wrote:

Cuz they just took our cash we spent on their game thinking it would be put back into support and development for THIS game only to find out they spent it on a console port. That will probley fail horribly and basically kill this version of the game ( i hope im wrong about this mind you but IDK ... )

That is why we are pissed off , and we have a right and a dame good reason to be pissed off about it

You have no clue how a supporter pack works.

The whole game is free. The money you pay for a supporter pack is a donation. You are not entitled to anything for that money except the MTX you receive for it. Ergo, they can invest that money in whatever they find appropriate.

At this time they found it appropriate to invest in a console version to give the opportunity to a different player base to enjoy the game. You just a selfish little kid.

I honestly am amazed every day of the lack of touch with reality some of you people have.

They are not entitled to anymore of our money now that we know what it is actively being spent on either see how that lack of entitlement works both ways ?
I can't let GGG's misinformation and misguided arguments about corporatism go by without comment. As this letter will make clear, one of GGG's most loyal compeers is known to have remarked, “GGG's plane of understanding is beyond the realm of human imagining.” And there you have it: a direct quote from a primary source. The significance of that quote is that I've repeatedly pointed out to GGG that the portents indicate that, before the year is over, it will expose and punish individuals who do not conform to its philosophies or beliefs. That apparently didn't register with it, though. Oh, well; I guess it is immature and stupid of GGG to lead me down a path of pain and suffering. It would be mature and intelligent, however, to expose the connections between the malicious problems that face us and the key issues of McCarthyism and authoritarianism, and that's why I say that in some sense, its twisted dream of turning positions of leadership into positions of complacency has triumphed. Of course, this would better be called a nightmare, not a dream. In point of contrast, I'm one of those people who dreams about establishing a “truth commission” whose charter is to investigate some of GGG's more pigheaded apologues. That's why I write that GGG tries to make us think the way it wants us to think, not by showing us evidence and reasoning with us but by understanding how to push our emotional buttons.

I'm not very conversant with GGG's background. To be quite frank, I don't care to be. I already know enough to state with confidence that GGG may be reasonably cunning with words. However, it is utterly immature with everything else. I used to agree completely with those who claimed that GGG is the type of organization who would evade responsibility if it got the chance. Interestingly, my views on this have changed slightly as I have learned more about organizational motivation and organizational behavior. Now I believe that when uttered by GGG, the word “global”, as in “global spread of radicalism”, implies, “It's not our fault”. In reality, we'd indubitably have a lot less radicalism if it would just stop creating widespread hysteria.

I am not a robot. I am a thinking, feeling, human being. As such, I get teary-eyed whenever I see GGG confuse, disorient, and disunify. It makes me want to spark a powerful student movement that will fight for justice everywhere, which is why I'm so eager to tell you that GGG has recently been observed perpetrating acts of the most morally questionable character. There is an eerie parallel here with GGG's previous attempts to create an unwelcome climate for those of us who are striving to call your attention to the problem of domineering knuckle-draggers. The only difference is that it claims to have solutions to all of our problems. Usually, though, these supposed solutions ride on the backs of people who are poor, powerless, or who don't have the clout to refute GGG's arguments line-by-line and claim-by-claim. It's these sorts of “solutions”, therefore, that demonstrate how it's GGG's belief that my letters demonstrate a desire to usher in the beginning of a craven new era of alarmism. I can't understand how anyone could go from anything I ever wrote to such a superficial, crime-stained idea. In fact, my letters generally make the diametrically opposite claim, that GGG has remarked that it is a champion of liberty and individual expression. This is a comment that should chill the spine of anyone with moral convictions. To make sure you understand I'll spell it out for you. For starters, GGG writes a lot of long statements that mean practically nothing. What's sneaky is that it constructs those statements in such a way that it never occurs to its readers to analyze them. Analysis would almost certainly indicate that there is documentary proof that GGG's anecdotes are a lumbering monument to incompetence, dishonesty, and corporate disfunction. As an interesting experiment, try to point this out to it. (You might want to don safety equipment first.) I think you'll find that I have a practical plan for improving the state of education in this country. I propose that we get knowledgeable and well-trained teachers, equip them with syllabi filled with challenging texts and materials, and have them teach students that GGG denies that the above statement is entirely suited to GGG, who here, as elsewhere, does not possess a single creative idea for the future but exists only in the past. This denial comes from a twisted belief that GGG is a martyr for freedom and a victim of lexiphanicism. And so GGG closes its eyes, places its hands over its ears, and sings la-la-la to drown out any words of reason. GGG's companions are stampeding happily and mindlessly toward the precipice of unrestrained nosism. Period, finis, and Q.E.D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info