D3 is not a good example

Someone at GGG: "D3 made a console version...Let's do that."
Voice of Reason: "It went awfully for D3, to this day they're basically maintaining two distinct versions of one game, and they don't have trading to deal with. We'd need to spend time creating an entirely new UI, and we'd be signing up for reams of complaints about console specific issues that mean nothing to the fanbase we already have, the PC players. It's an awful idea."
Someone at GGG: "Let's do it anyways. Surely a small studio like us can do better than Blizzard, with less money and less people, and less clout with Microsoft."
Voice of Reason: "This is why they say nobody listens to me."

I will bet you all my gear that this Console port will go terribly for GGG. Everything I own, all yours for the first person to claim that, somehow, GGG is going to do what Blizzard couldn't do with way more advantages.

GGG has been popping their mana flasks too much I think...They clearly weren't thinking clearly when this idea was approved.

EDIT: Anyone who wants to recommend a new ARPG to go to when Path PC starts suffering because Path Console exists...Let me know. After all...Who thinks GGG is going to double their teams in size, to support the new version of the game? Not I.

- Sheepster
Last edited by Nssheepster on Jan 18, 2017, 8:37:23 PM
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2017, 8:53:14 AM
They're maintaining two distinct versions because they made the console version distinct. Not only was the UI totally changed to handle the way consoles work (and moving from a mouse/keyboard to a controller) but they also changed things like the view angle and made the game off-line.

GGG looks be sticking pretty true to the PC version (they are a small company so it's probably better when it comes to development costs) so most things they do on PC will carry over. Other than the UI, most of the games looks identical. And if they make it online only, for trades and items and to prevent modifying content, they will develop in unison.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
They're maintaining two distinct versions because they made the console version distinct. Not only was the UI totally changed to handle the way consoles work (and moving from a mouse/keyboard to a controller) but they also changed things like the view angle and made the game off-line.

GGG looks be sticking pretty true to the PC version (they are a small company so it's probably better when it comes to development costs) so most things they do on PC will carry over. Other than the UI, most of the games looks identical. And if they make it online only, for trades and items and to prevent modifying content, they will develop in unison.

Chris has already said that skills will work differently on console bc of controller support. It's also the same reason why the PC version won't have controller support. Which is the same reason why PC D3 doesn't have controller support.

XBO only has 4 flasks, skills that work differently bc of controller, and, bc of that, most importantly, different game balance. And the UI is also vastly different. They are most definitely two distinct versions of the game.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Differently in that they probably won't need to name lock. That's a given and that's not a huge issue. Target and things are all just subtle changes, like tweaking the hit zone of the attack. They won't be however releasing different skill gems or wildly different content. You control for the platform and the game's keeps on going just fine.

Y'all need to just breath and chill the fack out fr like the forums have blown up with you lunatics losing your shit instead of congratulating GGG on a major accomplishment nice playerbase they have.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Differently in that they probably won't need to name lock. That's a given and that's not a huge issue. Target and things are all just subtle changes, like tweaking the hit zone of the attack. They won't be however releasing different skill gems or wildly different content. You control for the platform and the game's keeps on going just fine.

Y'all need to just breath and chill the fack out fr like the forums have blown up with you lunatics losing your shit instead of congratulating GGG on a major accomplishment nice playerbase they have.

History tends to be unkind to the developers that wake up one day and say "I know! Let's take the game that's built around one style of play with a specific set of controls and COMPLETELY CHANGE EVERYTHING!"

If they're 100% going to be splitting the codebase and no touchy touchy between the two, that's fine. If, on the other hand, we see the inevitably feature creep between versions ending up with two neutered half-games... not so good.
"

Completely agree. GGG took a risk to get their name out there and I hope it pays off, because they deserve it. God forbid they make money on a console version.
"
Taganov wrote:
"

Completely agree. GGG took a risk to get their name out there and I hope it pays off, because they deserve it. God forbid they make money on a console version.

Cuz they just took our cash we spent on their game thinking it would be put back into support and development for THIS game only to find out they spent it on a console port. That will probley fail horribly and basically kill this version of the game ( i hope im wrong about this mind you but IDK ... )

That is why we are pissed off , and we have a right and a dame good reason to be pissed off about it
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
Last edited by SirSid on Jan 19, 2017, 12:42:42 AM
Except GGG already did what Blizzard couldn't do. They made a great ARPG. D3 didn't fail cause of the console version, it failed from the very start cause the devs were terrible.
Serious question. I understand how things like fireball and melee skills would work even things like flameblast and blade furry, no worries. On a console though, how would I place a totem. Cause very rarely place it right next to me.

More often then not I want it over yonder right in the middle of the packs (warchief and all)

So how would that actually work on console or will some builds just basically be a non play.
"

selling out is a major accomplishment now?

well congrats then. congratu-fucking-lations

can't wait for more casuals flocking to forums and declaring themselves a majority. can't wait game being streamlined and dumbed down more and more than it already have. can't fucking wait.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info