[2.6] STUN IT ALL | *Detailed Video - Shaper and Guardians guide* | Stun up to T17

the new gem:

is opie opie. 0.8 base is like having 220% More stun duration. Yes it is only one in three hits.

...but...

The increased duration makes it so you land more hits each stun cycle, and thus you're bound to get some ruthless blows in. If you have a bad stun chance, since you try a T15+ boss, the 90%+ more damage will ensure a stun, so the other hits don't matter much anyway. When using this getting more attack speed at the cost of damage can be worth it.

I was testing this solo T16. (without support) and could lockdown Hydra, where as without the ruthless gem I could not properly lock him down.

A tip:

That will free up your belt slot for an always active 15% reduced stun treshold and a base %phys or stun dura.

I can also recommend swapping between the quiver and a shield:

I'm clearing maps with shield charge fortify, and swap to quiver on the hard bosses.
You cannot level up gems in the weapon swap though.

p.s.:
PoEDB says: Argus: Cannot be Frozen / Unwavering
@Minstrelshadrak
"
the new gem:

is opie opie. 0.8 base is like having 220% More stun duration. Yes it is only one in three hits.

...but...

The increased duration makes it so you land more hits each stun cycle, and thus you're bound to get some ruthless blows in. If you have a bad stun chance, since you try a T15+ boss, the 90%+ more damage will ensure a stun, so the other hits don't matter much anyway. When using this getting more attack speed at the cost of damage can be worth it.

I was testing this solo T16. (without support) and could lockdown Hydra, where as without the ruthless gem I could not properly lock him down.

A tip:

That will free up your belt slot for an always active 15% reduced stun treshold and a base %phys or stun dura.

I can also recommend swapping between the quiver and a shield:

I'm clearing maps with shield charge fortify, and swap to quiver on the hard bosses.
You cannot level up gems in the weapon swap though.

p.s.:
PoEDB says: Argus: Cannot be Frozen / Unwavering

those seem like nice recommendations but resists are hard to come by so swapping the belt seems unlikely and my boots are like 35+ all resists so dropping those would be tough. I do like the shield idea as I hate not running one. Playstyle-wise though, do you shield charge through the maps or still 'totem walk' and the shield charge is just for movement to get fortify up? Also, would seem like fortify is MOST needed on bosses, but that's when you use the quiver?
Is this buid still work in 3.0?
"
Aidan1228 wrote:

Yes, should be even stronger with ruthless support gem, with up to 4-5 seconds stun duration. I am however working on a new even stronger stunner. Will see when its ready.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
jbd007 wrote:

those seem like nice recommendations but resists are hard to come by so swapping the belt seems unlikely and my boots are like 35+ all resists so dropping those would be tough. I do like the shield idea as I hate not running one. Playstyle-wise though, do you shield charge through the maps or still 'totem walk' and the shield charge is just for movement to get fortify up? Also, would seem like fortify is MOST needed on bosses, but that's when you use the quiver?

Playstyle-wise I just charge right into packs.(exception for suicidal map mods ofcourse)

About fortify at boss fights; I've started boss fights with a charge, and you can charge during down times; think of the phases in fights like; wolfking, daresso or atziri. The longer you think about it, the more stuff you'll come up with.
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Sep 21, 2017, 6:46:13 AM
What secondary would you recommend against Kitava? Skirmish?
"
ChrispieD wrote:
"
Aidan1228 wrote:

Yes, should be even stronger with ruthless support gem, with up to 4-5 seconds stun duration. I am however working on a new even stronger stunner. Will see when its ready.

Any updates on the new buid? I would really like to try it soon.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info