How is trading going to work on Xbox?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
D3 went self found right when console version came out...

Lol. Yeah, I hope that's not the case here. I can't help feeling a bit tinfoilhat with GGG being silent though...

Grim Dawn is a really fun ARPG, just not an Online ARPG, its more single player with bare-bones 4-way multiplayer as an afterthought.
Last edited by Vyrtualis on Jan 18, 2017, 5:32:44 PM
Bump. Still hoping GGG will give some sort of mention on their plans for this. It's not pleasant being kept in the dark.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
D3 went self found right when console version came out.

No they went self found after they closed the AH which was WAAYYYYYYYY before the PS version was released. They added a smart loot filter so you would actually get items for your class and not just random shit dropping and upped the drop rates. Say what you will about D3, but their loot system was much much much more rewarding because you couldn't just put a choke hold on trade by playing non stop the first week and then owning the market, buy everything you need.

You actually had to earn your shit, so to speak.
Deliver pain exquisite
Who needs to trade when you can edit your items? In b4 60k atziri's disfavour.
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
D3 went self found right when console version came out.

No they went self found after they closed the AH which was WAAYYYYYYYY before the PS version was released. They added a smart loot filter so you would actually get items for your class and not just random shit dropping and upped the drop rates. Say what you will about D3, but their loot system was much much much more rewarding because you couldn't just put a choke hold on trade by playing non stop the first week and then owning the market, buy everything you need.

You actually had to earn your shit, so to speak.

March 18 2014 AH shut down and self founded
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13354139/diablo-iii-auction-house-comes-to-a-close-3-18-2014

March 25 2014 was released on xbox
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_III

I totally disagree, trade is the best. its about freedom of choice and min maxing. You earn it. Selling items to someone who appreciates that for something you appreciate.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 18, 2017, 9:18:35 PM
I can't imagine the current trade system will fly on the XBox. It seems to me they'll either have to finally implement a proper in-game trade system, or adjust the drop rates so that trading isn't needed.

Either will make me happy.
- here's my sig
"
I can't imagine the current trade system will fly on the XBox. It seems to me they'll either have to finally implement a proper in-game trade system, or adjust the drop rates so that trading isn't needed.

Either will make me happy.
There's no way it can, this game is nearly impossible to play self found unless you're a streamer or meta game the market in the first week or a league. the surrogate auction house works here because it's an open browser and an alt tab away. xbone would require too many steps.

Trade in this game has been beyond shit. I'm just hoping we get an ample overhaul for the loot and item systems come 3.0 which is I guess when this would come about? I just hope both versions get trade houses, we need the end of the market meta-game.
It is either going the way of Diablo 3 with no trading at all and massively casualized crafting rates and drop rates, or we are now going to see some form of auction house. The latter may not literally be: See item, click purchase, get purchase or place offer and wait for auction to expire, but it will be there in some form.

If they decide to completely leave out any form of shopping on Xbox One, chat obviously won't be a thing so without a poe.trade for console it would have to be exclusively self found/friend found.

If we are getting an in game trading system finally, hell yes. If they are forcing consoles to go self found simply to avoid trade improvements, fuck you GGG.

"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Any news about this topic? I just tested the beta and wasn't able to see some function to trade with ppl? Will it be completely self- and partyfound? How did you compensate the fact that you cant trade? rise the drop chance of high tier items?
"
frky wrote:
Any news about this topic? I just tested the beta and wasn't able to see some function to trade with ppl? Will it be completely self- and partyfound? How did you compensate the fact that you cant trade? rise the drop chance of high tier items?

Thats what D3 did for consoles and it worked out for them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info