How is trading going to work on Xbox?

I mean, it just seems really obnoxious to expect console players to hop on their PC, and use the web to search poe.trade, in a game that is supposed to be self contained on a system. So is that the plan? Or are there going to be trade improvements that bring trading in-house?
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2017, 6:49:14 PM
Probably the "trade improvements" they've been bullshitting us about for years now. I'm guessing some kind of in-game "house of auctions".
I pointed this out right away. They have to have something in the works. Maybe the reason we haven't been told about trading is that they've been working it out with Xbox over the last year. Who knows at this point.
"
I mean, it just seems really obnoxious to expect console players to hop on their PC, and use the web to search poe.trade, in a game that is supposed to be self contained on a system. So is that the plan? Or are there going to be trade improvements that bring trading in-house?

in-game browser.
order pizza and that unique all in-game without leaving your sofa.

i actually remember when another game did EXACTLY this. it was a PC MMO though. they had the whole in-game browser going on and as i recall they had a special deal going with (i think) dominoes pizza. it was Sony Entertainment and their game Everquest 2 that did it in the early days when they were really trying to push the MMO market because it was either EQ2 or WoW.
Their wont be any trading on Xbox POE...

to trade you need to be more than 1 person... which is already way more than the number of people playing Xbox ONE
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Will be entertaining that's for sure.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Maybe they'll just take most of what xyz has up on PoET and imbed that into the game directly. You fire up this internal search view, plug in your values and whisper people directly from the game instead of clicking on a link and then ALT TABBING back to the game.

I doubt they'll throw in every search parameter (especially the notify feature) but it's totally doable and wouldn't at all degrade the experience. Then they'll just quietly close the API down to keep everything in house, greatly reducing the overhead of their servers, which means less lag and DCs.

Also cut down on noobs message people with "hi, I want to buy your ring with fire resist on it" as it'll have a nice big clear whisper player button.

Throw the button to this trade window on the main UI and you're good to go.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I pointed this out right away. They have to have something in the works. Maybe the reason we haven't been told about trading is that they've been working it out with Xbox over the last year. Who knows at this point.

Maybe. I'd be interested to know exactly what though, and if it's going to carry over to PC. Because as it stands now, I can't see Xbox players having the patience to leave the couch and bounce between PC and their console just to trade.
"
M0rO wrote:
in-game browser

Jesus Christ, I hope not. That'd be the laziest thing to do, and not business-smart at all for console - leaving a vital part of the game in the hands of a third party. Poe.trade goes down, Xboxers shrug and leave in droves, no sweat for them, most console players would just move on to the next game.
D3 went self found right when console version came out...with nothing really ever said about trade the bitching piling up, techical limitation of consol, i wouldnt not be surprised one bit if this game went that way as well.

So hows grim dawn?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 18, 2017, 5:21:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info