For the love of god don't dumb down the game because of the console version

I'm glad you're expanding but something tells me the complexity of PoE could suffer if you have to keep the Xbone in mind during development... Yes I know they are seperate versions, but you won't be able nor willing to develop two distinctively different versions of the same game, nobody does that.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2017, 7:40:08 AM
It will give people who want to quit, even if subconsciously, a great reason to do so.
Not gonna lie...

I'm a little pissed the console version got cutscenes before we did lol.

I look around the forums and see a ton of supporter titles denoting thousands of dollars spent supporting the developers.

...The console release trailer gets the teaser screens of Act 5 before we do.

Consoles are a massive slice of consumer revenue. Best believe the comparatively-tiny PC community and version just became second fucking class. Bet your ass the X-Box version will be absolute priority from now on.
Last edited by brgillespie on Jan 18, 2017, 4:29:38 PM
I just worry that there is no way to further develop content without taking console balance into consideration, which will do nothing but lower complexity of mechanics. GGG also already seems strapped for man hours, and this just seems like it isn't going to help. I want to believe this is not the case, but something tells me I'm gonna be disappointed.
U MAD?
This is a very dangerous step they have taken. Especially the intent to keep the console version and the PC version update-synched.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
The watching NETFLIX while playing PoE on sofa dream will be REEL!

Spoiler
:(
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jan 18, 2017, 4:41:09 PM
I just hope they get a difficulty slider with going console like every other game has. That could be dumbing down or raising the bar depending where you set it. One size does not fit all.
Git R Dun!
Hopefully GGG will post about how this will affect the pc version.

"We intend to follow the same content and league release schedule" is what worries me. No more frequent updates?

Maybe the console version will rake in enough money for higher quality content or maybe it'll ruin the game. I would have liked to know that my supporter money was going towards a console version either way tbqh

Last edited by Davidson on Jan 18, 2017, 5:19:45 PM
im scared!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info