2H sword cleave champion - problem with often dying

Hi,

as my first character i have chosen duelist-champion.

Here are my stats:
passive tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAQMABS0Jlg48EPAS4RQgFHEV7Bo-GlUbqikuMfs26DkOOlJDMUZpR35Tu1dUXz9hIWFSYxdlTWoeajtr1HTtfLh-mn_jgTqCB4TZhO-GYIcph2qI7YqzkGyTqJd5mSubWKLqqSeplKn6qs25Hb02vYG-p7_VwQfKkNIh137ZfNrB4e_kUe8O8i_yQfJa9kg=

Life: 1869
armour: 3585 (53%)
evansion: 464 (15%)
resistance: 50/75/75/-20

I use theese skills
cleave - faster attack, fortify and life per hit support (DPS 3744)
heavy strike - meele psychical, added fire damage and multistrike support (DPS 9026)
warlords mark + blasphemy
herald of ash
Endurance cry + increased duration
stone golem

i use endurance cry + warlods mark to gain endurance charges, cleave too clear minions, heavy strike against bosses. So far it went well, but i started to die to often. I can get behind 2nd Izaro in cruel labyrinth. I leech a lot, so i dont have problem when fighting minions, but i am too vulnerable against bosses, who can take half of my health with one attack.

Do you have any idea, what i should change? Can you compare, what life/armour/DPS i should have in my level (57) with my build?

Thanks
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2017, 3:08:48 AM
Ive been trying 2h cleave build with my scion, I have similar build to yours, with the same survivability problems. Id be interested in hearing peoples advice on this. 2H just seems so weak, no crit so it scales poorly for a 2h. I was able to get her to 85, a painful journey it was, then I just kept dying. I took away points from damage and crit and put them in life and now its a bit easier.

I would take some of your sword nodes off, and put them in life, and more leech speed for bosses. Also having a movement skill helps a lot, I cant facetank bosses often, What I did was link fortify with leap slam, and used that to leap on boss, attack for a bit leap behind him before he did big hits and so forth.
Last edited by Der_Kommasar on Feb 10, 2017, 3:32:44 PM
i'll leave some random thoughts:

- don't start with a weapon/skill of choice if you are new to the game, you may find or buy cheap leveling/mid level gear that is worth using but does not benefit from the passive skill tree you take.

- if you go 2hand without crit get Righteous Tecnique as soon as you can, so you don't have to invest on accuracy nodes ever, EVER!

- it seems that the main problem of your deaths is that you don't have enoigh damage to kill mobs fast, in a 4 link for cleave i'll take Cleave + Multistrike + Meleee Physical damage + Added Fire Damage.

- to get fortify effect link it with a movement skill, in your case it may be leap slam (+ fortify + faster attacks) a thing that isn't really needed with champion ascendancy since you can have perma fortify.

- the life pool seems low, try to get hp on every item.

- i'll change the passive tree like this poeurl.com/2He.

- i'm no expert of champions but usually they go for Inspirational, Unstoppable Hero, Fortitude.

- cleave sucks right now. there are some other skill that are way better (lacerate is similar but stronger).

"
Zuggtmoy wrote:

- if you go 2hand without crit get Righteous Tecnique as soon as you can, so you don't have to invest on accuracy nodes ever, EVER!

- cleave sucks right now. there are some other skill that are way better (lacerate is similar but stronger).

Oh Resolute Technique, good idea.

For lacerate, is that skill useless without investment in bleeding? or can I just switch cleave for lacerate?
A few things I'd like to add:

* Try replacing Cleave with Lacerate. Lacerate gives you a bit of range, as well as make more use of the Life Gain on Hit support gem. For a faster-hitting alternative, replace Cleave and Fortify with Double Strike and Melee Splash. Unless you decide to continue to use these gems, they should be interim skills.

* If you plan on staying a Champion and if you want to continue using Enduring Cry, consider the "Worthy Foe" passive as it synergizes nicely with any warcry's taunt.

* As Zuggtmoy stated, your life pool is low. Always prioritize life, resistances, and general defenses before damage. That being said, pick up a few more life % nodes, as well as items that increase maximum life by a flat amount.

* Warlord's Mark is a great curse, but keep in mind you're doubling-up on the endurance charge sources (the other being Enduring Cry). Also note that life leech is generally better for harder-hitting, often slower attacks (i.e. Earthquake). On the contrary, life gain on hit is usually better for much quicker attacks with multiple hits (i.e. Double Strike). You're using both with your current set-up; just something to think about.
Last edited by kaype on Feb 10, 2017, 8:20:15 PM
"
Der_Kommasar wrote:

For lacerate, is that skill useless without investment in bleeding? or can I just switch cleave for lacerate?

lacerate doesn't proc bleed unless you have some other source that apply the state (skill tree, items), exactly like cleave.
you can switch for lacerate, the onl problem may be the dex requirements that are higher on lacerate.

lol i just realized i wrote righteous tecnique... yeah i meant resolute...

Last edited by Zuggtmoy on Feb 11, 2017, 4:35:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info