Been a long time! Help me outtttt!

So as new big patches come out, do they keep the stuff from the old patches?
"
Disposition96 wrote:
So as new big patches come out, do they keep the stuff from the old patches?

Depends on what you mean by stuff from patches. Generally there are two types of content released in a patch; Expansion Packs and Leagues.

Expansion Packs are guaranteed to stick around in the game, and sometimes even get developed further after release. Sarno listed them on the first page.

Leagues are take-it-or-leave it; when they first started out, they were, well, communicated as "experiments" in new content that might or might not make it into the game (were you around for that?). Nowadays, they're really the main focus of the game, so it's much more likely nowadays that League content gets kept over time, especially since they add much more money into developing them. Breach is the current League mechanic. Generally, League content is kept in some diminished form after the league is over, sometimes greatly diminished (it is almost impossible to find new Talismans, you mostly only buy ones people had during Talisman league. Accessing Perandus is very expensive as well. Prophecy was kept mostly intact, with a nerf to Silver Coin drop rates - IMO, you still find tons of Silver Coins, so Prophecy was pretty much directly ported in like with Anarchy -> Rogue Exiles, if you remember that).

Hope that makes it clearer and not more confusing!
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I don't think I've played since 2014? So I remember a few content patches but I don't remember much... Like I guess what I mean is are breaches staying ect. Like is it worth learning how to do them or should I just try to figure out the endgame?
I'm actually really enjoying this game again, I downloaded that loot filter thing, makes things a lot simpler in terms of getting back in to the game. Found two chaos orbs leveling up this new chick which is good.

Are there addons for stash organization?

Is there a specific reason why doing all of the quests is not worth it or is just like D2 where stats/skills are the only thing worthwhile and you want to hit end game content as fast as possible?

Edit : Also, are basic rings worth crafting? Like I mean picking up a Paua ring and using a chance orb on it.

Should you always ID boxes before opening?

How do you completely reset the boxes and should you use orb of chances on them or not?

Edit : Went in to a breach and got my hc hero shrekt. xD Time to try something even more challenging haha

Edit 2 : Remove only tab... What's that all about?
Last edited by Disposition96 on Jan 19, 2017, 9:09:57 PM
>Like I guess what I mean is are breaches staying ect. Like is it worth learning how to do them or should I just try to figure out the endgame?
The decision about league mechanics remaining in the game is made after the league ends usually. My guess is breaches will stay, ggg introduces too many breach uniques to just throw them down the drain.

>Are there addons for stash organization?
Nope, none whatsoever.

>Is there a specific reason why doing all of the quests is not worth it or is just like D2 where stats/skills are the only thing worthwhile and you want to hit end game content as fast as possible?
Quest rewards (except skill points) aren't worth time spent doing them. Well maybe that quest in act2 which gives you unique jewels, but even that is highly depends on if your build really needs them. You can also buy them, so...

>Also, are basic rings worth crafting? Like I mean picking up a Paua ring and using a chance orb on it.
Nothing is worth chancing except Skyforth. Nothing is worth crafting except it already have like 3-5 good rolls that you need, then you just mastercraft missing mod.

>Should you always ID boxes before opening?
No. Only carto boxes in maps. And maybe diviners? idk, they are rare AF.
Although unid boxes can be dangerous, so its your choice.

>How do you completely reset the boxes
Orb of scouring
>and should you use orb of chances on them or not?
I just alc all Arcanist, Gemcutter, Diviners and Carto (last 2 are like nonexistent lol). Anything else is trans and go.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Disposition96 wrote:
Like I guess what I mean is are breaches staying ect.

This is decided on a per-League basis. Leagues are designed to be fun and different for 3 months, and them not necessarily being around forever gives the designers more freedom to experiment. If the new stuff was popular and the devs are happy with it, then it might be.

"
Disposition96 wrote:
Are there addons for stash organization?

No; loot filters are the only approved addons and are relatively new. I would've previously speculated about GGG allowing more addons over time, but them announcing the Xbox One version yesterday tends to make me think the opposite. I suppose time will tell.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
So I guess I really shouldn't be resetting boxes until I'm in the third difficulty and in maps I guess hey. Like just leveling it'd be wasting adding affix's ect to boxes for other items?
My post before has a question, ran in to another one while I was sleeping. :D

Any speficic recommendations you guys would have for a melee character? My bowa died last night so started up a s&b duelist. :)

Edit : Also, should you be leveling the masters while you level in a new league or no?
Last edited by Disposition96 on Jan 20, 2017, 5:06:28 PM
Bumpalooza. :)
masters leveled in a league are compared with the levels of the masters in the main game and the higher of the two are kept as far as I know

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info