[2.6] Cospri's Forge Lacerate Slayer - Fast clearspeed - Farming Shaper, Guardians, Uber Atziri -

hey, I just found out that Starforge won't apply shock with RT keystones.. do you think is better to spec out RT ?

"
Iplox wrote:
hey, I just found out that Starforge won't apply shock with RT keystones.. do you think is better to spec out RT ?

Definitely not. There are two main reasons why I decided to take RT.

1) You can't really make a good crit build for Starforge with a Slayer.

I don't want to go into too much detail in this comment but basically you need to go Assassin if you want to use a crit build with Starforge. The sword has a low base chance to crit (5%) and there aren't many crit nodes in the slayer/marauder area of the passive tree that will work with 2H swords.

2) Shock applied by hits is not worth trying to use with Starforge.

Shock is a strong debuff to use as it gives you 50% more damage vs enemies it is applied to. For this build, it would mostly be useful against bosses and Uber Atziri trash, because everything else just melts anyway. There is a big problem though. From the PoE wiki:

"
... damage of less than 5% of a target's maximum life will not apply shock ...

Needing to deal at least 5% of a target's maximum life in a single hit to apply shock means it will never work on the targets where it is actually useful: Guardians, Uber Atziri and the tougher breachlords (Shaper is also shock immune).
It would work on rares and most map bosses, but the extra damage is not needed and you can use vaal lightning trap anyway if you do want it.

RT makes gearing a lot easier because you don't need any accuracy, crit chance or crit multi on gear. RT makes your leech and poison more reliable as well.

If you want to test shock to see how it feels, link your Warchief totem with Innervate and try it out for a bit.
Last edited by Euploid on Jan 31, 2017, 8:47:51 PM
Thanks for the guide. I like this build alot, as I'm a fan of duelist and life based build.
Since I've a 6L azi disfavor, I'm currently using it and hope it will work out on this build.
Any tips for me?
"
Iplox wrote:

You could get some % chance to shock on some Jewels.
So I was able to 6-link a Cospri's with 150 fusings, which sparked a lust to build a char around that item.

I don´t usualy trade a lot, but i was able to get my hands on a Starforge at about 75 chaos. Got it socketed and 5-linked.
Spoiler

-edit: i did use 2 divines to get it from 424 to what it is now

-Anyhow, this build is great im having alot of fun and blazing through the process of leveling.
I used a 4-linked Kondo's as soon as i could with flickerstrike.
Spoiler
As i have never tried a flickerstrike build before you can imagine the fun i had!
I still keep the flicka gems, different from the Ancestral Warchief-setup, (flicker, multistrike, melee splash) in my off hand, for an easy switch. The clearing is alot faster (and sometimes more fun) with flickerstrike (compared to letting out the warchief out).

Now my "only" problem is getting the inteligence needed for leveling vulnerability.

-Here i´d like to suggest using Brute Force Solution at the jewel socket between Barbarism and the Juggernaut. That equals 60 int(20 from Butchery) + the int roll from the jewel itself.

-Rott

IGN=ElitePhanteon
Last edited by Rottingflesh on Feb 2, 2017, 4:01:45 PM
currently lvl 90, i had 5.6k hp and 28k dps in town with ia0e . doing uber lab the other i got 1shot slash feelsbad.. what do u think i should upgrade on?
Spoiler
Very nice build guide! Very fun and pretty tanky.

Picked up a Retch to test with this build and am wondering if the damage it provides is worth the 200c+ price? Tried testing it (haven't done it on big bosses yet) in some maps and couldn't really see the difference. Granted I'm not sure I fully understand the mechanics of the belt even after watching a video on it >.>
"
SnowScar wrote:
Thanks for the guide. I like this build alot, as I'm a fan of duelist and life based build.
Since I've a 6L azi disfavor, I'm currently using it and hope it will work out on this build.
Any tips for me?

Disfavour should definitely work. You could even do something really cool with it if you have some money to spend. Use this tree or something similar and put your curse setup in the Disfavour with a lvl 4 enlighten and arctic armour or a herald. You should end up at 85% reserved mana (88% with lvl 3 enlighten). Get Essence of Insanity gloves and put Warchief in them, dropping faster attacks. Put Lacerate in a 6L on your Cospri's and blood rage in your CWDT setup or leap slam if you don't care about endurance charges.

You could also just run the build as I've set it up for Starforge with a 6L lacerate, 5L warchief and +1 boots. It should be fine, and your warchief totem should do consistently high damage vs. bosses with your 100% chance to bleed.

I also recommend you have a look at Norse's EQ Slayer build, it is similar to mine, but he uses EQ with a Disfavour instead of Lacerate
Last edited by Euploid on Feb 1, 2017, 6:24:25 PM
"
Rottingflesh wrote:
So I was able to 6-link a Cospri's with 150 fusings, which sparked a lust to build a char around that item.
I don´t usualy trade a lot, but i was able to get my hands on a Starforge at about 75 chaos. Got it socketed and 5-linked.

-Anyhow, this build is great im having alot of fun and blazing through the process of leveling.
I used a 4-linked Kondo's as soon as i could with flickerstrike. As i have never tried a flickerstrike build before you can imagine the fun i had!
I still keep the flicka gems, different from the Ancestral Warchief-setup, (flicker, multistrike, melee splash) in my off hand, for an easy switch. The clearing is alot faster (and sometimes more fun) with flickerstrike (compared to letting out the warchief out).

Now my "only" problem is getting the inteligence needed for leveling vulnerability.

-Here i´d like to suggest using Brute Force Solution at the jewel socket between Barbarism and the Juggernaut. That equals 60 int(20 from Butchery) + the int roll from the jewel itself.

-Rott

I'm glad you're enjoying the build! Your idea about using Brute Force Solution is excellent, I will add it to the main post. Thanks for the feedback!
"
naimhairix51 wrote:
currently lvl 90, i had 5.6k hp and 28k dps in town with ia0e . doing uber lab the other i got 1shot slash feelsbad.. what do u think i should upgrade on?
Spoiler

Rumi's doesn't work with this build because you can't block at all. You also shouldn't need a quicksilver, it's faster to leap slam, especially if you get a brightbeak/fidelitas' spike+prismatic eclipse. Get a Basalt flask and a Writhing Jar. Reroll your life flask to Bubbling or Seething, you also don't need Staunching because you are bleed immune while leeching. For Izaro you can also try using a Silver Flask to get some more DPS if you feel like you need it.

Also get jewels with %increased maximum life. Other than that your gear is decent, but Izaro can still oneshot you if he has a lot of buffs. When you engage him, make sure to use conc effect and stay close to slow him a bit with temp chains. When he does a telegraphed attack, leap slam away to dodge it.
Last edited by Euploid on Feb 1, 2017, 6:26:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info