[2.6] Cospri's Forge Lacerate Slayer - Fast clearspeed - Farming Shaper, Guardians, Uber Atziri -

Hi,
I am very interested in this build, need to grind a bit to get Starforge and Cospri, rest of gear I have is on my currnet slayer. However i will try with Retch and Carnage hearth, so i was wondering how much is necessary 2 extra Frenzy charges. I know they are great especially during maping but are they really worth passive points for boss fights, and take instead something like Druidic Rite for more flask duration.

ATM i have planned this in Path of building, need to put jewels. I will use max life, damage and intel as i need it for blasphemy setup. Its still WIP, but any feedback would be appreciated.

for anyone interested here is path of building code for build:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/gMXa45AX
"
InvaderZid wrote:
Hi,
I am very interested in this build, need to grind a bit to get Starforge and Cospri, rest of gear I have is on my currnet slayer. However i will try with Retch and Carnage hearth, so i was wondering how much is necessary 2 extra Frenzy charges. I know they are great especially during maping but are they really worth passive points for boss fights, and take instead something like Druidic Rite for more flask duration.

ATM i have planned this in Path of building, need to put jewels. I will use max life, damage and intel as i need it for blasphemy setup. Its still WIP, but any feedback would be appreciated.

for anyone interested here is path of building code for build:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/gMXa45AX

I don't think skipping the frenzy charge from merciless bandits is worth it, to be honest. Frenzy doesn't just give you attack speed, it gives you 4% more damage, which double dips (3.0 is not here yet). I see your point about the charges not being up enough on bosses for it to feel worth it, though. Some fights like minotaur you have charges up a lot of the time, but for Atziri you don't really have any charges at all. I do still think it's worth more than one skill point for this build.

Other than that, I like your tree. It's a good idea, and because you're also able to grab Thick Skin on your way to Druidic Rite the travel points are pretty efficient. I also like that you've taken Vitality Void, something I should have thought of myself tbh. Skipping the frenzy charge on the tree for two points makes a lot more sense to me than skipping Kraityn's charge for one point. I would recommend just skipping the chance to bleed node in the Dirty Tricks wheel for an extra point so that you can take the frenzy charge in merciless. Bleeding is not as important anymore since you don't need to use bloodlust on the totem now that Melee damage on full is confirmed to work.
So far so good.

Farmed lab a bit, but had no luck regarding enchants.
Fortunately, got lucky with corruption on enhance and got enough currency to get lvl 21 blasphemy.
Thanks a lot for build, its fun, strong and comfortable to play with.

Below in spoiler is my current gear:
gear

and current passives:
passives

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAASzBS0HdQmWC2EMcA0fDY0OPBDwFHEUdRiRGNsbqiFVIWAnnymlLiMuUzkOOlI7tjwFPCg8LUCgQYdHfkp9UEdXVFuvXhNfOWFSYxdlTWebaGVo8m8ncbByqXTtdPF2rHh6eu982YE6ggeDX4PMhNmE74WnhmCGtIdqh3aKs4rwj2CTmZOol3maapstnL6iAKU1qSeplK4-r2ywq7KAtz65HbuevJ-9Nr6nwGbApsEHxILE9sauyPDPftNv137Yvdl82sHcPeRR6hjvDu9O73zwH_Ja8931Yfcy-Ov8xf4K

My plan is to switch between Devoto and Starkonja depending on situation. Devoto would be for clearing but as I play more i think it's not necessary to gain more MS while using leap slam or any of flasks.
Is there minimum requirement for corruption on curses. Is it necessary to get 20/23 curse, or 20/22 would also work because as far i have noticed that 1% (0.5%) quality extra doesn't count because of rounding? Does it round up or down?

Once again thanks for awesome build, still need to grind more levels and higher tier maps as they drop.
Last edited by InvaderZid on May 17, 2017, 8:43:14 PM
"
InvaderZid wrote:
So far so good.

Is there minimum requirement for corruption on curses. Is it necessary to get 20/23 curse, or 20/22 would also work because as far i have noticed that 1% (0.5%) quality extra doesn't count because of rounding? Does it round up or down?

It rounds down. Because the curse gems have an effective level of 21 in your +1 boots they have 30.0% base effect rather than the 29.5% of lvl 20 gems, so you are right. 22% quality will have the same effect as 23%.

We dont rely much on poison for doing most of our damage do we? I'd hate for this build to be sub-par against bosses in the next patch.
"
We dont rely much on poison for doing most of our damage do we? I'd hate for this build to be sub-par against bosses in the next patch.

Poison doesn't matter for clearing but for bosses it does contribute a huge amount of DPS.

What you need to understand about the new poison mechanics is that the nerf is not directed toward poison but toward double-dipping modifiers to poison and other broken ways to scale DoTs.

Why is this important? Because the poison scaling in this build does not rely on double-dipping at all. Instead it uses high base damage, high attack speed and curses that enhance DoTs, mechanics that will continue to operate in mostly the same way in 3.0. The main damage flasks, Lion's Roar and Sin's Rebirth, should also continue working to boost poison damage while they are active in 3.0.

I'm pretty confident that this build will not become weak in 3.0, because it doesn't abuse any of the broken mechanics people have been complaining about for so long. If anything, with the new life vs ES changes it should become more powerful.
Hi i have questuib how i can get 40% dmg in my helm at this moment i have only 25% >.>
Thanks for the reply! It really put my mind at ease. Now I can put more currency on this build without hesitation! (once i gather enough chromes to recolour my chest to the proper ones xD)

Edit: Would cyclone perform just as well as lacerate?
Last edited by ultra_super_hyper on May 20, 2017, 1:43:21 PM
"
iVerrm wrote:
Hi i have questuib how i can get 40% dmg in my helm at this moment i have only 25% >.>

There are 4 different labyrinths, each with their own enchantments. For example, the enchantments from merciless and cruel lab are not as powerful as the ones from the endgame labyrinth (Uber lab). The 40% lacerate enchantment can only be acquired in uber lab.

Either way, I don't recommend farming for your own helm enchant unless you would have been farming uber lab anyway. It is more time-efficient to buy an enchanted helmet from poe.trade.
"
Thanks for the reply! It really put my mind at ease. Now I can put more currency on this build without hesitation! (once i gather enough chromes to recolour my chest to the proper ones xD)

Edit: Would cyclone perform just as well as lacerate?

If you want to try a different skill I would recommend trying Cleave with the threshold jewel (this lets you skip fortify in your 6-link, you can replace it with melee damage on full life or void manipulation) before you try cyclone. Cyclone should be okay but it has low base damage which doesn't synergise well with poison. I imagine the clearspeed wouldn't be all that great as well, but I haven't tried it myself.
Last edited by Euploid on May 20, 2017, 3:45:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info