Why does elemental damage immunity work in pvp?

Holy shiet. we are talking about golems,

dude, just put pierce in your setup, and kill the shit out of the golem abuser with bazillion projectiles coming out from each golem.

use smoke mine and stuff to find open spot to hit the right shot.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
As said before, the golems act in their own way and with Primordial Might, they are VERY agressive once they lock an ennemy. With clever use of convocation you can rush down an oponent, call all your golem in a split sec (while debuffing and cursing with a CwC support) than warp right behind him leaving your army spamming the mortar skill.

At lvl28 Golem are tanky as fuck, got massive regen and hit like a monster truck. You can't ignore them to focus on the player who can focus on mobility himself.
I've been playing this kind of build this league with great results and I'm surprised no one seems to have put it together in standard (but to be fair each time I pop up there, all I see are EA/Zerphi/Bomberman builds looking at each other while camping mid).
Last edited by IceDeal on Jan 19, 2017, 8:46:04 AM
SteKRZ had such build, what was his name? german guy. he was one shotting every 5k-6k life people with golems in arena
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jan 19, 2017, 8:53:22 AM
It was a long time ago and with just one golem. Now take this build, increase it's power with the effect of Ascendancy (Golem imune to Elemental damages) + New Jewels (Agressive Golem who gonna target you from offscreen / ability to have 4 golems at once while using a +3 weapon) + 140% flame Golem damage buff and you can start to see the problem here.

And all that while having 10kES+, massive regen with ZO and Soul Strike for even more cheese.
Minions are broken in pvp. Golems are not an exception with the buffs they just got
Golems are strong but requires setup and can be countered. It's not tier 1 like EA simply because you're getting hit with aoe wall spam before you even have all your golems summoned, and the counters are quite strong with not much opportunity cost.

For example, there's no curse effectiveness reduction on minions and there's no way to remove curses on golems and SRS. Enhanced temp chains blasphemy aura or ranged temp chains on hit locks that shit down completely, you can just run circles around the golems they become so slow and since it's AI controlled there's no predictive targeting.

Conversion trap, ignite prolif (on the SRS or on your own worms that you leave behind for the golem owner to run into), bleed, chaos damage, abyssal cry.

I'm sorry but lazy pvpers used to killing everything with EA or running around with HoT or spamming their bow attack with mirror bow or zerphi cwdt scolds diarrhea might have to use some strategy vs golems (although, probably all the mirror bow users need to do is throw in chain).

But yeah fuck that, nerf the golems so they're just as useless in pvp as totems, spectres, zombies, and skeletons, and everyone can continue to blindly hold right click vs. everything.

PS. beacon of corruption via necromancer is strong yes, but it's a tradeoff between that and elemental immune golems via elementalist. In the current meta nearly everyone is CI (we do 3v3 CTF on breach and 5/6 players will be CI), so elementalist golemancer has the upper hand over necro atm, especially in pve where the boss cheesing is extreme. That being said, there should be a much bigger global damage reduction on damage over time and secondary damage in pvp. Scorching ray is super strong atm (trivializes grandmasters) and going CI doesn't counter it.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jan 19, 2017, 4:38:44 PM
"
Vhlad wrote:
PS. beacon of corruption via necromancer is strong yes, but it's a tradeoff between that and elemental immune golems via elementalist. In the current meta nearly everyone is CI (we do 3v3 CTF on breach and 5/6 players will be CI), so elementalist golemancer has the upper hand over necro atm, especially in pve where the boss cheesing is extreme. That being said, there should be a much bigger global damage reduction on damage over time and secondary damage in pvp. Scorching ray is super strong atm (trivializes grandmasters) and going CI doesn't counter it.

I guess those players are CI because that's what best in PvE. Many things discourage people from playing life based, and bacon is one of them, minions fart horribly smelly after you make them eat that. Also it's sad that the biggest encouraging thing for life based is Zerphi. Imo make it work for CI as well Kappa.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:
Many things discourage people from playing life based, and bacon is one of them

Uh.

Also, I generally detest playing life builds for a few reasons. ES just feels more straightforward to me.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
Rivx wrote:
Elementalist passive makes golems completely immune to elemental damage, and Chieftain's passive makes totems immune to fire damage, which completely shuts down entire ranges of builds. How is that even remotely fair?

Use convertion traps with cluster traps and multiple traps support. Then what golems and totems? :P
The Holy Bible
Well the argument that golems being immune to elemental damage is unfair doesn't really hold unless you also make the claim that CI being immune to chaos damage is also unfair.

A  major component of PvP itself limiting players is the limitation of being nearly immune to physical (which aren't relying on DoT  or 1-shotting), elemental, or chaos, which makes it rather cheesy.

That said, elemental resist is perhaps the least problematic of the two, since the player can be killed from range quite reasonably. It "only" really screws the shorter range elemental builds.  Also only really screws the ones that can't just remove a conversion item/gem and go back to phys (even if it's a lot lower damage it should work) such as glacial cascade, lightning arrow, shrapnel shot, other phys conversion builds.

In fact, Elemental damage generally still seems to bethe most powerful strategy to go in PvP, because aside from the fact that immortal call or bleed/poison immunity/removal makes almost all phys builds really weak, there's no physical pierce/penetrate that exists in the game like elemental damage has. For instance in maps there can be a "monsters have 40% physical damage reduction" mod, which gives monsters effectively 67% more life, and there's no way to bypass that. Conversely, +40% monster elemental resistance is destroyed by both curses and penetration, particularly considering how easy it is to get penetration, and how high it can go.

Going off on a tangent:
This disparity is partially why ranged and elemental skills are more powerful than melee and physical builds too. Vulnerability only increases linearly how much damage is dealt to a target, only applies to physical damage, and doesn't even buff it as much as something like projectile weakness.

Conversely projectile weakness buffs ALL damage types, AND buffs it a higher percentage than vulnerability. I don't know how that's fair. Elemental Weakness also stacks with the other specific elemental curses, and increases damage better than linearly. A projectile elemental damage build could use 3 curses to buff damage, while physical melee builds have only one option (and not only is it the weakest option, but it also requires having a lot of Int for some reason)
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info