Why does elemental damage immunity work in pvp?

Elementalist passive makes golems completely immune to elemental damage, and Chieftain's passive makes totems immune to fire damage, which completely shuts down entire ranges of builds. How is that even remotely fair?
Last edited by Rivx on Jan 18, 2017, 7:07:00 AM
Last bumped on Sep 14, 2017, 4:01:49 AM
It's fair because the player themselves isn't immune. In the case of totems they suck super hard because they die immediately, are hard to win with and should be immune to fire. Golems on the other hand do far too much damage on some builds but being immune to their respective element makes sense.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
Golems on the other hand do far too much damage on some builds but being immune to their respective element makes sense.

They are not immune to their respective element, they are immune to ALL elements wich allow some extreme PvP and PvE cheesing that I won't describe too much here because I like making easy money in leagues :kappa:

Also are we talking about fairness in pvp when some skills can completely ignore 3 kind of defenses without any drawback ?

Spoiler
in case of elemental immunity, switch to Voltaxic
Last edited by IceDeal on Jan 18, 2017, 7:54:21 AM
I feel that the totem/fire immunity is a non-issue, however I agree golems immune to ALL elemental damage is pretty fucked.

Obviously this doesn't effect me since I'm mainly phys/chaos, but I can definitely see the issue.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Well yes totem immunity never caused much issues, except when the player is able to hide behind a wall and block both entrances with a totem and all you have is fire damage, I'm just saying the mechanic in general seems unfair even though it can't be abused much atm.

The golems do pretty ridiculous damage though, and the player can focus fully on mobility.

Its pretty sad that sarn arena is pretty much all zerphis and golem builds atm.
Last edited by Rivx on Jan 18, 2017, 12:26:11 PM
Minions in general are pretty fucked in pvp. As I understand it, they don't go into pvp damage scaling at all - they are essentially an electronic enemy you would find in a map, only backed up by a 6L
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
Golems on the other hand do far too much damage on some builds but being immune to their respective element makes sense.

They are not immune to their respective element, they are immune to ALL elements wich allow some extreme PvP and PvE cheesing that I won't describe too much here because I like making easy money in leagues :kappa:

Also are we talking about fairness in pvp when some skills can completely ignore 3 kind of defenses without any drawback ?

Spoiler
in case of elemental immunity, switch to Voltaxic

Well I knew that.....my point was they should be immune to their element and only their element, I could of phrased it better.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
Rivx wrote:
Elementalist passive makes golems completely immune to elemental damage, and Chieftain's passive makes totems immune to fire damage, which completely shuts down entire ranges of builds. How is that even remotely fair?

Because all you need to do is throw a conversion trap on them.

L2pvp
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Vhlad wrote:

L2pvp

They are still linked to you, just swapping your weapon instantly erase them even when converted. You just warp away and recast them later.
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:

L2pvp

They are still linked to you, just swapping your weapon instantly erase them even when converted. You just warp away and recast them later.

You could counter that by throwing a conversion trap on them when they return.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info