Has chaos become the "Gold" of PoE?

eh rather buy upgrades/or save them instead wasting them on maps tbh :P mean red maps aren't exactly rare anyways and i'm not rich enough to roll maps exactly the way i want em to be xd i just run them with alts :P
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
satanttin wrote:

wasting them on maps tbh

That's the misconception, you're not wasting them, your getting a map with more pack size/quality/quantity which will give you MORE than what you invested.

Like, you roll a good map, get something like 32-40% pack size with good quantity/rarity and then when opening it throw Beyond on it from your map device. Of course the results is dependent on your rng but you will get stuff in that map, even more if you use multiple sextant and go in with a prophecy that might yield returns (like the frogs/rats, etc.).
"
Mezion wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:

wasting them on maps tbh

That's the misconception, you're not wasting them, your getting a map with more pack size/quality/quantity which will give you MORE than what you invested.

Like, you roll a good map, get something like 32-40% pack size with good quantity/rarity and then when opening it throw Beyond on it from your map device. Of course the results is dependent on your rng but you will get stuff in that map, even more if you use multiple sextant and go in with a prophecy that might yield returns (like the frogs/rats, etc.).

Well when i get a nice map with lots of %mob pack i get shit anyways a chaos or 2 might drop but almost never more than that sure more exp if i won't die but rather have wealth than a higher level toon :P

i know how map mods/sextants work tho just never so lucky when it comes down to drops :P so i decide to save/use them for upgrades/ new toons rather than using them that way. no matter what u tell me :P
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Byzantine currency systems need a baseline. The chaos has always been that baseline. It has the perfect drop rate and great utility from mid to late game. It is the perfect "dollar bill" or baseline currency for this type of system.

Yep, Chaos orbs are basically $1 bills and Exalts are $50s.

The one thing that needs a change in the current currency system is that regals are worth less than a chaos, yet the recipe still gives a regal for ilvl 75+ items and a chaos for ilvl 60-75 items.

Either add an incentive to use regals or switch the currency recipes for regals and chaos orbs. Personally I would prefer the first option.

#MakeRegalsGreatAgain
Well no?

What would you rather have?

50 chaos

or

50 exalts?

or even

50 mirrors??

see my point?

Yea chaos have a lot of uses but the rarity and uses of exalts and mirrors can't be beat, due to exuberating amounts of chaos acquired.

ey
"
Bada_Bing wrote:

Claiming that chaos orbs have become the main trading currency isn't just a personal misconception of the op.

That's just like, your opinion, man!
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
see what will happen towards the end of the league (usually last month is a dead trade period).
In standard 90C = 1 exa. Here ppl think 50C =1 exa. So let's see how many of you will bring 500 C (worth 10 exa here) to standard where they will be worth 5.5 exa. So be patient and see the exa rise over the tinny chaos.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info