How usefull is chaos resistance?

I am thinking on improving my gear but its too hard if i do including chaos resistances..

How big the deal is in t12+ maps and t16 maps with chaos resistances?
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2017, 12:42:06 AM
It doesn't matter that much for most builds. I regularly do all content with negative chaos res and don't really notice, even in T16 poison on hit maps. It's just a nice bonus if you can get it.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Jan 16, 2017, 6:02:40 PM
"
viperesque wrote:
It doesn't matter that much for most builds. I regularly do all content with negative chaos res and don't really notice, even in T16 poison on hit maps. It's just a nice bonus if you can get it.

Are you sure? Well atm im 4,6k life cyclone vaal pact.

So, im thinking if i drop chaos res i can get better life gear.. maybe i could reach 6k life by some luck...

But whenever I dont have chaos res i noticed I get hit a lot.. <- it was when i never used vaal pact though..
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Very few things actually do significant amounts of chaos damage.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
Very few things actually do significant amounts of chaos damage.

What he said.

But this is partly because of how popular (read: required) leech is. You can easily out-leech all chaos damage in this game with -60 chaos resistance. I have -60 on my current main, and he out-leeches even the Overgrown Ruin bosses without Vaal Pact.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
its pretty irrelevant tbh. If you can happen to fit some in then it cant hurt, i literally never go out of my way to get it, it just sometimes happens to be on an item thats already good.
If you're s build with moderate life and low armor, like an evasion build, you will definitely feel the punch of combined phys+chaos dmg some monsters have. Less important on builds with armor/endurance charges/life regen. CI and ES/VP builds obviously don't care.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info