PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

need some help from the PoE veterans

Hi there,

So i started playing this game couple weeks ago. Im having an awesome time with my arc templar. altough he's a bit squishy, made it to tier 9 maps (haven't gotten any tier 10 yet).
and my second char is basically a build that i followed up until i needed to change some stuff..

now i want to make another build, around the all popular spectral throw skill. finding builds for this is difficult, shadow, scion, ranger, witch, so many to pick out of.

Im kinda looking to make this build, and not really follow it mindlessly from the webz.
what is the best class for spectral? and please give a bit of explanation why it is.
im looking for a couple of things, this char should be able to do high tier maps so i can farm some high item levels to gear up my characters.
so, good defence in any way, big life pool energy shield just so it's not squishy.
i love high cast, high attack speeds that fill my screen with colours!

im looking forward to your knowledge on this subject.
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2017, 6:35:48 PM
Hi,

I'm no expert on spectral throw, but I have made some variants of it before. I can't really see why anyone would make a spectral throw build with any other characters than Shadow or Ranger. Scion may be a third choice.

My builds were a crit version, going assassin and a buzzsaw Scion back in the days. If I were to make one today, I would probably go Raider. ALL the ascendancy points in the Raider class is good for spectral throw. I would probably scale it non-crit elemental with a very high APS weapon.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Hi,

I'm no expert on spectral throw, but I have made some variants of it before. I can't really see why anyone would make a spectral throw build with any other characters than Shadow or Ranger. Scion may be a third choice.

My builds were a crit version, going assassin and a buzzsaw Scion back in the days. If I were to make one today, I would probably go Raider. ALL the ascendancy points in the Raider class is good for spectral throw. I would probably scale it non-crit elemental with a very high APS weapon.

sounds good,

im still a noob but what does APS stand for?
"
Silver__Eagle wrote:

sounds good,

Attack speed. Your most loyal friend when it comes to spectral throw - especially if you choose to go elemental :)
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Silver__Eagle wrote:

sounds good,

Attack speed. Your most loyal friend when it comes to spectral throw - especially if you choose to go elemental :)

cast speed also helps this skill right? so spell echo? oh wait thats a skill.
with asp weapon, you mean something like a dagger? one handed sword?
"
Silver__Eagle wrote:

cast speed also helps this skill right? so spell echo? oh wait thats a skill.
with asp weapon, you mean something like a dagger? one handed sword?

No. Spectral Throw is an attack, not a spell, cast speed won't help you. And yes, I would go sword-based, because of their speed (and/or accuracy).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info