What happened to usually much cheaper HC prices?

I wanted to end playing this league so basically buy all drop restricted items to my collection and call it quits. In the previous leagues I tried to play hc with cheap build because uniques were cheaper and I also got the benefit of transfering them to std and toying with them, experimenting. I could get to 70 lvl by playing sub ex - or sometimes even several chaos build
Now I asked some players why those prices are so cheap, and they always told me that people don't hoard items that much in hc, because they want to sell them quickly and improve their gear to survive better

Now back to what I was doing, I noticed some funny prices, like abberath hooves strangely expensive in bsc. So i thought, ok I will just start playing HC and buy them for 1/4 price NOPE its actually even more expensive in HC. I quickly tested some other items and all of them are at least 25% more expensivein HC than in SC.

Why?
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2017, 11:38:54 PM
"
Why?

Supply and Demand. Or, to be more specific, builds and needs change over time. The market is always volatile, even in hardcore.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
I'No switched to HC
Spreading salt since 2006
Hooves take risk to get... so they're far more rare in HC.
"
Necromael wrote:
I'No switched to HC

This.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

what do you mean? what risk?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Whatchu talkin' bout. They are not Breach uniques. They are not drop table specific.
U MAD?
Build enabling items are generally more expensive in HC as are items that require lots of people farming to build up a suitable pool for, Aberroths from what i've seen have been very rare since day 1 and also in demand, so they are always expensive :/

It isn't just a simple HC is cheaper, Kaoms always cost more in HC for example because so many people want them and there aren't that many entering the system, they cost 1/4 of that in softcore a price I honestly wish was the case in HC as I can never afford one when I need one early league :p.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Whatchu talkin' bout. They are not Breach uniques. They are not drop table specific.

Shag says some of the weirdest shit I've ever seen
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
In what world are uniques usually cheaper in HC?

HC takes items out of the economy constantly, thus, their relative value is much higher. It might be the case that in a purely direct chaos for chaos comparison they are cheaper, but chaos are worth much more in HC than SC too.

The only uniques that are consistently cheaper in relative terms are ones that either aren't suitable for HC or compete with uniques that are much more important in HC (for example, Carcass Jack is extremely popular in SC, but gets superceeded by kaoms, belly or vaal regalias in HC).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info