I'm debating buying a Vessel of Vinktar.

Is this one of those things I'd say, "wow why didn't I get this sooner"? Or one of those things I end up stuck with, trying to resell it?
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2017, 4:21:10 PM
"
ShadyC wrote:
Is this one of those things I'd say, "wow why didn't I get this sooner"? Or one of those things I end up stuck with, trying to resell it?

Depends on the build you want it for. What are you playing?
If your build benefits from the hilarious leech, and shocking nearby mobs... then there is no reason to NOT use Vinktar...
U MAD?
I'm a fire spell build, lmao. But I do a lot of DPS, and a 50% mod would be brutal. It's basically purely for greedy boss DPS, zero lies here.
"
ShadyC wrote:
I'm a fire spell build, lmao. But I do a lot of DPS, and a 50% mod would be brutal. It's basically purely for greedy boss DPS, zero lies here.

Why not use vaal lightning trap if the only benefit from vinktar is the shock?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
ShadyC wrote:

Why not use vaal lightning trap if the only benefit from vinktar is the shock?

Yeah this is a much better idea if you just want the shock.
U MAD?
Well, a couple reasons.

For practicality... I ran Vaal Lightning Trap on a diff char I used to play. Bosses tend to move out of it, which is annoying. Additionally, you cannot use it against Izaro, for what that's worth. Vinktar, however, is a forced Shock near me. And I play a close-ranged build.

For QoL, well... I'm full on my gems, and while I could shift some around, doing so would probably involve putting my Portal gem on weapon swap. And since that would desummon my Golems and put my Shield Charge off my bar every time, it's kinda TLDR.

I've considered Vaal Lightning Trap, don't you worry. It's still kind of a consideration. But I think it's easier for me to throw a Flask on than it is for me to shift gems around and wiggle in Vaal, plus ideally Inc Dura.

If I were to fit in Vaal, though, I'd probably kill off my Minion HP gem, move Portal into that slot, and kill Enlighten as well since I think it's luxury for me right now.

I dunno. We'll see.

I impulse bought the Vessel, so we'll see if I like it :P
You can always definitely re-sell the Vinktar, but as OP as flasks can be, sacrificing a flask slot just to shock bosses seems wasteful.
U MAD?
Yeah, I know. But my Flasks can afford it, I think. They cover everything that gives me problems. I plan to drop my Mana Flask for it, which was basically only for Hexproof enemies. We'll see how it turns out. Hexproof isn't too common, perhaps I can drop them really fast when they show up. If need be, I can play lame and Scorch Totem them down, lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info