Gem Level Up button becomes grey

I've been using Blade Flurry during this league and I've leveled quite some BF gems. After today's patch, I notice that, when BF gem is ready to level up and shows the + button in top right corner, and while channeling my main Blade Flurry (not using the spare one to level up), the + button becomes grey.

Of course, you don't usually click these buttons while fighting, but still, it's quite strange.
Other gems do not become grey while channeling.
I tried using other skills (not channeling ones though) and BF didn't become grey with those.
Last bumped on Feb 2, 2017, 8:35:48 AM
Spectral throw becomes great when you use it immediately after the click too.
This happens for any skill gem while you are actively using it AFAIK. I noticed it last night with shield charge.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
This happens for any skill gem while you are actively using it AFAIK. I noticed it last night with shield charge.
yes, noticed it too, although not sure it is limited to gems that you are using, for me it looked like they were greying/ungreying completely randomly
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Might be intentional to prevent the player from leveling the gem as it's being used, which could cause other issues.
Possibly this is the fix to the issue where leveling up gems while in use could cause them to stop doing damage?
"
Melvar wrote:
Possibly this is the fix to the issue where leveling up gems while in use could cause them to stop doing damage?

Yep, that's accurate.

There was a previously reported issue where leveling up Vaal Cyclone while you were channeling it would cause it to stop dealing damage (for the duration of the current channel). We investigated that report and made some changes to fix this problem. As a result of these fixes, you can no longer level up a gem while you're channeling or using a skill; this includes Support Gems linked to a skill as well. This is why you're seeing gems "grey out" when you use them sometimes, as it's very briefly preventing you from leveling them up.
Sorry if I haven't posted in a while but I have been busy lately.

"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:
As a result of these fixes, you can no longer level up a gem while you're channeling or using a skill; this includes Support Gems linked to a skill as well. This is why you're seeing gems "grey out" when you use them sometimes, as it's very briefly preventing you from leveling them up.

From this I understand that the gems greying out are the ones you are actually using in a precise moment.
I don't know if you understood that the gem greying out was not the one I was using, but another one (in a spare socket without links) that I wasn't using and that couldn't be triggered by anything.
It happened only with the other Blade Flurry gem, other gems I had didn't grey out while channeling my lvl 20 BF gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info