*rant* so GGG only reply if it's cash related problem ?

So, been 4 days since i tried to contact GGG via email and had no response. I have in game latency issue that prevent me from playing this game at all, latency was significantly higher than usual and constantly spikes.

Tried to get hold with the support to see the actual problem, no response. However, if you email them to ask about pack upgrade etc, they response like immediately ? I mean really ?

I dont know i just grow frustrated, not sure what to do. Followed all steps on tech support section to find out what the real issue is. It is not from my PC / connection. So here you go

How long does it take for them to actually reply to a genuine problem ?
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2017, 10:09:56 AM
In the past, like Pre-Awakening era, they used to respond within literally 10 minutes.

In the past few months my personal experience has been one of the worst ever; one of their responses took about 2 weeks (!)

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
The people that you would talk with about latency issues are not the same ones that can upgrade a Supporter pack. My point being that figuring out the source of your latency issue and pressing the switch to upgrade a supporter pack are issues of two very different natures, and vastly different complexity. That's why. Also, when you emailed them, did you include any specifics like WinMTR results from the time when the latency was occurring?
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
The people that you would talk with about latency issues are not the same ones that can upgrade a Supporter pack. My point being that figuring out the source of your latency issue and pressing the switch to upgrade a supporter pack are issues of two very different natures, and vastly different complexity. That's why. Also, when you emailed them, did you include any specifics like WinMTR results from the time when the latency was occurring?

Def true. However, atleast in the support jobs I've done early on, there is a difference between response and resolution. You need to respond asap, even if you don't have an answer ready so the customer doesn't feel like they're being ignored. A simple 'Hi, we've received your question and are waiting on the Network team to revert with a response' goes a long way!

~Myth
if you have a problem with something, just email them and start with a header:
"i want to spend 500$ in the shop but it doesn't work plz help"

and when they contact you 35sec later just ask your question 3:)
IGN: Bluntexile
"
Mythkiller wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Def true. However, atleast in the support jobs I've done early on, there is a difference between response and resolution. You need to respond asap, even if you don't have an answer ready so the customer doesn't feel like they're being ignored. A simple 'Hi, we've received your question and are waiting on the Network team to revert with a response' goes a long way!

~Myth

Yes, exactly ! Generic answer would do great really

Also I'm not just simply email them on the first problem i get. I did all the possible / work around solution & research on Tech support forum.

And i followed all those possible solution and provide them with all information that required, Well guess what " NO RESPONSE ". Amazing really

Here, is the WINMTR during gameplay
http://i.imgur.com/LRYH9xh.jpg

Also the thread,
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1819217

Anyway, i gave up. Not gonna touch this *thing* again

"
Bluntexile wrote:

Well thats rather odd because when Prophecy started (I think it might have been Essence it was when the last Supporter Packs got replaced) I had setup a payment weekly payment plan where i had to e-mail them each week in order to confirm my weekly payment and once the league started when i would e-mail them about making my payment (On a $440 Supporter Pack) It would take them nearly 2-3 WEEKS to get back to me to confirm my payment on the pack. Before the league started of course i had made a couple payments which i got replies within minutes to an hour or two at most. Note that i found the reason for this huge increase in response time was due to the Merge with Russian Garena Servers which caused a massive backlog of e-mail for them to work through...

So i wouldn't necessarily say if you message them about money its going to get you a reply any quicker in my Experience. Ever thought they are tied up with a massive back load of e-mails for some reason? Maybe because an entire region is having serious internet issues because of a storm that passed through and damaged a fiber optic line out in the ocean? IF you have say 20 people working through Customer Support e-mails and all of a sudden you are getting 1K+ more e-mails than normal for those same amount of people to work though wouldn't you expect a longer response time? And considering when i was having week long response times i was messaging them about taking MONEY by you guys logic i should have not had longer response times.. but i did.

So no if you message GGG about money or anything else your response time is going to be exactly the same.. And dependant on their current log of e-mails they are having to work through ATM.. And if you keep e-mailing them over and over with your problem you can actually prolong your response because it can push your e-mail further down the queue.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"Liek Wtf GGG I live in Russian Tundra, y u no giev perfoct lattency?????????"
all ggg can do is make sure their servers answer in time and their provider got it's routers working and yell at them if they didn't.

the other problem is winMTR reports, they're just an indicator.

the internet route from your modem to ggg' servers isn't fixed. the internet works in a way that packets take the shortest possible route so in case of one router in your way shutting down or being temporarily overloaded, your packets just take another way.

in 90% of latency cases ggg can't do anything because the problem is out of their reach and at the rest they already know that because their server telemetry did tell them their server had more than the normal latency while servicing requests.

answering you on latency issues is a lose/lose situation for them.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jan 16, 2017, 8:39:40 AM
"
Bluntexile wrote:

Not true

i wanted to upgrade packs and they refused with some bullshit arguments and rules
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info