There's two factors in a one shots - Either it's a true one shot or it's a flow.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 15, 2017, 10:36:21 PM
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2017, 12:25:38 PM
to play life and make it half as good as ES you need 250% on tree, T1 life on all gear and cripple monsters with a lvl 5 empowered lvl 5 enhanced lvl 22 enfeeble.

Need +1 gems item I usually use
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 15, 2017, 11:01:55 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
to play life and make it half as good as ES you need 250% on tree, T1 life on all gear and cripple monsters with a lvl 5 empowered lvl 5 enhanced lvl 22 enfeeble.

Need +1 gems item I usually use

It's not that easy - with life you can build layered defences more easily, and build tank builds that are almost immune to everything but those dreaded oneshots.

Example: Was playing a T14 map with my CI Pizzablaster. Of cause I was not that careful, flashed around a corner and was instant killed from a barrage of shots from a big enhanced shooter pack. 11K shield down in almost 0 time, 15k wouldn't have helped, too - the unual level 1 CWDT setup wasn't enough here.

First ragequit, then logged to an life Aegis tank - and just walked in there, letting them kill themselfes on counterattacks while they barely managed to breach Aegis shield for 1 or 2 times for a tiny bit.

He fears only the usual things: Everything that explodes after being killed, strongboxes and signaled boss smashes I am too slow or laggy to see or evade. And watching TV.

To even out CI and life there would be only 1 change necessary: Just add to those smashes and volatile mobs a: "evade or your are dead" flag, or let them take 90% life / shield if you don't want to have it that deadly.

You can only layer against phys with life. And 11K aint shit. I play CI a lot. 12-18K is normal. But 25K is certainly possible if you take 38 ES nodes like life must do to get tanky. Life cant even get half that.

To even out life life needs a 50% buff across the board. Like 5% nodes become 7 or 8%. Like the old days on life wheel. Until then lifes glassy as hell.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 16, 2017, 6:01:37 AM
"
Llyrain wrote:

It's not that easy - with life you can build layered defences more easily, and build tank builds that are almost immune to everything but those dreaded oneshots.

It seems to me that a large pool will always trump layered defenses. Personally, I have never exceeded 13k ES, but I felt about the same level "tankyness" with 13k ES as a life build with 7k life, plenty of EC, armor, evasion, block and some dodge. And to see people are getting 20k+ ES these days, and at the same time have enough damage to destroy end game content, makes me scared for the balance in this game.

And as a player who prefers life and non-crit melee as a playstyle, I have realized that I'll always be doomed in PoE, as GGG clearly favors crit and ES.

But a little bit OT: A one-shot is a one-shot. One hit - dead. Everything else is not a one-shot. Period.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jan 16, 2017, 7:04:22 AM
His biggest mistake was placing the totems behind Izaro.

We all know that fucker hates playing peekaboo.
"

That has been my experience more than i care to admit
It's always smart to run through traps that deal % based damage while taking a hit from a buffed izaro.

Plays totem build, still shit at positioning himself, oh my...

/slow clap

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info