So after they remove double dipping does PoE become all-crit-all-the-time again?

They said they will remove DD in 3.0. I guess all the generalist damage items will be removed. e.g. "damage" "elemental damage" "area damage" Fire damage no longer burn would need burning damage too. I think it's mistake to remove it because crit scales exponentially as well and we'll be all crit all the time. Assassin will be king of PoE.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 15, 2017, 10:27:51 PM
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2017, 12:28:22 PM
From my experience in the Ranger forum most people can't even optimize their character for Crit so at least we'll be safe there LOL

I really hope they make things more interesting, about to hibernate again.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Who knows. GGG just throws darts at a dart board and nerfs on the results. I'm just getting 21/20 of every Gem so its irrelevant.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Jan 15, 2017, 11:54:34 PM
Assassin is pretty much already king of POE :[

Im glad ive refused to play builds that double dip into things, since im not used to those things i wont feel bad about not having them anymore.

Theyll probably make dual nodes that give things like Fire+Burn Damage or something, or they may just change specific other dipping things like Area/Projectile and leave fire as is. Who knows.

All i want is some spoilers.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Hasn't crit always been the top dog, and double-dipping simply the spiked mittens it wears?
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
They said they will remove DD in 3.0.

As far as I remember, they didnt say that.
IGN TylordRampage
Don't worry, they gonna nerf assasin as-well.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Doubt it. They'll make something else meta for a while. I expect that they'll overtune channeling skills, because their reception was a bit lack-luster. Maybe it's time for traps to become the dominant playstyle. But they rarely backtrack.
A more serious response perhaps?

If they "fix" double dipping, i expect a doubling of all over time nodes and support gems to compensate.

What this would imply, is a more direct engagement of the characters primary offense, either focus on initial hits and use secondary effects as a bonus or lower the initial hit but scale the secondary effect exponentially from there on out.

Currently there is a lack of choice in this regard, since people are presented with the ability to scale both without opportunity cost attached.
This results in a very bland passive tree for a lot of characters, simply pathing to all the nodes that do apply a "double dip".

When was the last time people used some good old regular "increased physical bow damage" nodes? When projectile damage double dips and is also nicely scattered around the tree.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Don't worry there will always be there more things to remove and nerf.

Destroying the fun out of the players is number one priority for GGG.

Making the game so balanced it bcomes boring to play is the ultimate plan.
ey
Last edited by inuke on Jan 16, 2017, 9:15:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info