Help me decide on single-target skill

Preface: yeah this isn't meta build, yeah it "sucks", now all you meta smartasses gtfo to GD please.

Now to the topic. I play SF except for this weapon

, it works pretty well for clearing regular mobs, regular bosses and breaches (can facetank xoph breaches in merci with -3% FR, deathless for the most part). But single-target dps is somewhat lacking, by which I mean I don't destroy Breach rares in 2-3 seconds like I do "normal" rares with my default Sunder attack :D
The question is, what could I use?(*) Currently using these gloves

, and was thinking what attack could benefit from that sweet 44% moar area damage (I have spare sockets to move leap slam to).
Molten-MPD-WED-FPen, maybe? Heavy-MPD-WED-FPen? Or even some shenanigans like Heavy-MPD-Splash-Poison? My tree is mostly life and 2h aspd/damage with a bit of leech, nothing fancy in there.

(*)No blade flurry suggestions please, if I wanted to play BF I wouldn't roll Sunder in the first place.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2017, 3:20:08 AM
You need support gems in your Ngamahu's, not a skill setup. The Molten Burst is supported by whatever applicable support gems are in the axe.

Then you can do the normal Cyclone stuff every Ngamahu's build does, or Double Strike or something. Having the Molten Bursts do a ton more damage is going to help your single target a lot.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Jan 15, 2017, 10:20:24 PM
hmm, maybe I wasn't clear: I want to generally play Sunder, it's totally fine damage- and aoe-wise as long as I'm not against Breach rares/bosses or regular bosses (and I still can live through that as long as there are ads around, and there are tons of ads in breaches). I'm absolutely fine with Sunder as main skill, and don't want to play cyclone at all.
It's breach rares who I want kill faster, and for that I think the best thing would be to utilize that inherent lv5 conc effect in gloves (the gloves are fun by themselves, btw, doubt I'll switch them any time soon). So let me rephrase my question: with current weapon and gloves, what would be the best single-target skill setup? It is obviously 5L in gloves, question is what 4 other gems except conc effect should be.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I missed the bit about wanting single target in your gloves, but I mostly stand by my previous post. I've got nothing against Sunder as pack clear, it's just that having any skill gems in Ngamahu's is really bad because it's a waste of a socket that could be supporting the Molten Burst (and in your case plenty more sockets, since Multistrike and MPD don't work either). That will help your single target enormously.

If you want to benefit from that Conc Effect in your gloves, then I'm pretty sure you just want to be using Cyclone as your single target. I didn't at all mean using it for pack clear - it's just really good with Ngamahu's because it hits fast.

I suppose Molten Strike would also not be bad - probably more hits, but benefits less from the Conc.

Just move Sunder somewhere else and load up your Ngamahu's with support gems before you start considering a single-target skill.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Jan 15, 2017, 10:57:48 PM
damn, I totally forgot about molten burst being supported with all that stuff in there, lol
didn't understand you saying about that first time either
thanks for advice, seems it was me who wasn't understanding what was said in the thread :)
Yeah, if you can, run your sunder in your chest or something, and just fill the axe with support gems. 6 socket it if you can (they dont need linking, any support gems will apply to the Molten Burst). The best setup would probably be something along the lines of Phys Projectile attack damage, added fire, weapon ele, fire pen, conc effect and gmp.

As for a single target for your gloves, if not already using it, why not a Warchief totem? Not only will it boost your sunder damage, but it will do very respectable damage itself with warchief - MPD - added fire - faster attacks + the conc effect from gloves.
"
Grimmhammer wrote:
As for a single target for your gloves, if not already using it, why not a Warchief totem? Not only will it boost your sunder damage, but it will do very respectable damage itself with warchief - MPD - added fire - faster attacks + the conc effect from gloves.
Thank you too for advice; after some calculations I found out that out of MPD,AFD,WED,FA and FPEN, the best combination of 3 supports will be MPD+AFD+either WED or FPEN - seems I already have so much aspd so FA won't do much difference... warchief uses my aspd like spell totems use my cast speed, right?
So I guess I'll stick with Fpen, not much dps loss on trash, and clearly better for map bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info