Sugggestion : Put an end to conc vs inc aoe / GMP vs slower proj swapperino shenanigans

Pain Distribution
- 20-39% more damage ( since we dont use gems without more multipliers anymore and this is a fine ballance between its alternatives )
- 20-39% increased area of effect
- 2-4 Additional Projectiles

Supported skills distribute damage across all enemies hit.

So if only one target is hit full damage applies, if several targets are being hit damage is distributed across all targets at a ratio that is subject to ballance testing ( e.g. no matter how many enemies are being hit a minimum of damage is being applied ), maybe distributing it based on the rarity of enemies hit, e.g. rare enemies receive a higher percentage of the initial hit than less rare monsters.

Add a tag to gems like conc, inc aoe, gmp etc so that only one can be used at a time ( Maybe even remove conc and lmp / gmp since swapping to Conc would still give a damage bonus and the shenanigans wouldnt end ).

This gem should make most skills that have to do the swapperino be viable single target as well as for area clear.

Side note : Obtainable before killing Malachai ( who does not feel the anger to get the most crucial gems, increased aoe / GMP after killing him while they are needed most before - at least on the tough way to him, imho those should be rewards for killing Voll / opening the Belly ).
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Jan 15, 2017, 8:08:22 PM
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2017, 2:09:47 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
But why
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
But why

Why not ?

If there is a way to not having to swap gems before a boss fight. Just a quick example, new Raider really doesn't have too much time to swap gems ( especially when using Snakebite ).

Furthermore it just feels wrong having to swap gems all the time. It feels like a workaround for failed game mechanics / gems.
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
"
AdFinitum wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
But why

Why not ?

If there is a way to not having to swap gems before a boss fight. Just a quick example, new Raider really doesn't have too much time to swap gems ( especially when using Snakebite ).

Furthermore it just feels wrong having to swap gems all the time. It feels like a workaround for failed game mechanics / gems.

Swapping gems for boss fights is min maxing, why just make it rewarding for everyone because a select few actually do it.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
AdFinitum wrote:

Side note : Obtainable before killing Malachai ( who does not feel the anger to get the most crucial gems, increased aoe / GMP after killing him while they are needed most before - at least on the tough way to him, imho those should be rewards for killing Voll / opening the Belly ).

Inc AOE and the likes ARE available prior to defeating machai. You let Dialla boom herself, go back to highgate, pick the gems you want, and that's about it.

As for the general idea: Nope, I don't like it. Not sure why at this point in time, but I already know I don't like it...

Well, actually, I do know why I don't like the idea. Having to level gems so they're ready for swapping them in is a logistic effort, and I think it is a good effort to make, because it rewards the player for doing so.

Then there's issues with shotgunning things. Also, it sounds a lot like the game engine won't support such a concept.

So... Nope...
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info