[Question] %Increased Damage with Two Handed Weapons

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to learn more about the mechanics of this game, and had a question I couldn't find on the gamepedia website. The description on the site for the mechanic of increased damage with two handed weapons on the slayer ascendancy (Two Handed Damage, Life Leech) says that The damage bonus applies to two-handed melee weapons and bows.

My first question is if I'm using Shield Charge which is classified as Melee, and I'm using just a shield (no weapon), and I'm able to use shield charge, does that mean that the shield is classified as a Melee weapon?

And secondly, since I'm choosing not to use a weapon, and using just a shield, does the shield take on a two handed attribute?
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2017, 11:05:37 PM
No to both. But you should get further confirmation.
shield charge is usable while unarmed, when you do so however it can only be modified by melee/attack/physical nodes, melee weapon or physical with weapon nodes don't effect it.

Easiest way to think of it is a shield is never a weapon its a just a requirement to do a shield charge attack, it uses whatever your weapon is for its damage, if you have no weapon that is your fist not your shield which is why you don't get a 2 handed bonus.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Jan 15, 2017, 6:32:43 PM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Easiest way to think of it is a shield is never a weapon its a just a requirement to do a shield charge attack, it uses whatever your weapon is for its damage, if you have no weapon that is your fist not your shield which is why you don't get a 2 handed bonus.

Ooh! So even though the Shield Charge is using the shield, the Melee aspect of the skill means that it's calculating your damage from your unarmed melee damage, it doesn't mean that the shield is a melee weapon. Got ya.

I think it would be cool if you didn't use a weapon, and have a free hand that you two hand a shield.
"
dirin wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

Ooh! So even though the Shield Charge is using the shield, the Melee aspect of the skill means that it's calculating your damage from your unarmed melee damage, it doesn't mean that the shield is a melee weapon. Got ya.

I think it would be cool if you didn't use a weapon, and have a free hand that you two hand a shield.

Shield charge uses your weapon or unarmed damage. It requires you to have a shield equipped but it does not use it for anything unless it has flat damage added to attacks.
"
dirin wrote:
so you want to have unarmed and 2H boni at the same time? my guess is - not gonna happen, ever
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
so you want to have unarmed and 2H boni at the same time? my guess is - not gonna happen, ever

I was thinking more along the lines of obtaining the 2h weapon damage bonus, but if you're doing 2h on the shield you lose the unarmed bonus, since you're now armed with a shield.
But then how would the game determine your base damage? shields don't have such stat, that'd require full overhaul of shields, including deactivating their damage for 1H/unarmed+shield style. Too much work for one feature which will not be meta anyway.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info