newer player ranger 84-deadeye, sort of stuck.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I seem to be at a DPS and survivability rut. I am cruising through Mercy labs, but then can't get past the final boss. Can someone look at my skills and passive tree and give me some advice? I only have been playing a couple of months, and I don't think I am quite getting it.

For example:

I am using:

Tornado shot
Frenzy
Balista
blast rain
Ice golem
grace

Is this too many attacks? should I lose one of them and get other types of things?

Thanks.
uggg
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2017, 6:41:42 PM
"
uggg wrote:
I am cruising through Mercy labs

See, it's merciless, not mercy. There's your mistake :P

"
uggg wrote:
I am using:

Tornado shot
Frenzy
Balista
blast rain
Ice golem
grace

Is this too many attacks? should I lose one of them and get other types of things?

Most builds use either just one main attack, or one aoe attack and one single-target attack. Tornado shot with GMP is a fairly good all-around skill. You don't really need both TS and Blast Rain.

The added cold and lightning damage gems on blast rain are not too helpful since most of your damage bonuses are for physical damage.

I strongly recommend investing in a 5-link, the additional support will help a lot with damage.

You don't seem to have too much life. 141% increased is decent for a ranger, but many of your items don't have flat life rolls. Your evasion is lackluster too.

I'm not convinved that slitherpinch is the best choice of gloves.

And of course the standard "check your resistances". You should have 75% elemental resistances on merciless (135% in hideout). You have a few items with good resistances so it's possible you're already there, but I'm too lazy to calculate exact values right now.
Thank you for your reply:

What do you suggest instead of blast rain?

You don't seem to have any curses, so perhaps projectile weakness or one of the marks.

I don't see any movements skills either. Blink arrow is pretty useful. Besides allowing you to teleport over obstacles it also creates a temporary distraction for enemies and provides a little bit of extra dps for that duration.
Thank-you for your help.

uggg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info