Golem AI or: WTF?

My first char this league was Golem, i made one a few seasons ago and the AI killed them for me (got to like 80). Got excited with the new jewel, never found one and they were 3ex each.

Went essence drain.

There is no way this jewel should be so rare, it makes or breaks the build. When i move, they stop attacking and follow me, even if im running small circles around boss.

If you die on top of the boss they will attack more, but still drift off
"
Mythabril wrote:
Does that mean if you have no targeted skills, you can't direct your minions? Does it need a namelock or is AoE enough?

Could you please clarify what "targeted" means in this game mechanic concept?

i assume it works just with "targeting" in general, like with zombies. had a srs/zombie summoner with coh ball-lightning and it was enough to fire in a general direction to lead the zombies there (at least pretty sure that was how it worked, its been a while since ive played that build. but zombies attacked on their own as well. would assume golem-aggro is directed likewise but has a lower aggro-radius, like marc mentioned?). no idea how something like a nova would work though.

and you dont need to target anything if you have primordial might. the little suckers wont only protect your corpse if you rip, but revenge you! ;)
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
"
Mythabril wrote:
Does that mean if you have no targeted skills, you can't direct your minions? Does it need a namelock or is AoE enough?

Could you please clarify what "targeted" means in this game mechanic concept?
Anything will work. You can even shift-click your basic auto attack to send you minions wherever you want them.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
"
Clownkrieger wrote:
the basic game mechanic of golems is to grant you passive bonusses dude... oO
Ahem, nope. If it was that way then they wouldn't have any damage whatsoever (and only get it with that anima stone or w/e it is called). The fact that they DO have damage means they are meant to, y'know, DEAL damage - OP is saying exactly that, they CAN kick Xoph's arse, they just... don't want to.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Mythabril wrote:
Does it need a namelock or is AoE enough?

Probably. Even blasphemy + any curse needs a target or free zone under your cursor despite the curse being a true-blue aura now... which seems kinda sloppy.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
silumit wrote:
"
Clownkrieger wrote:
the basic game mechanic of golems is to grant you passive bonusses dude... oO
Ahem, nope. If it was that way then they wouldn't have any damage whatsoever (and only get it with that anima stone or w/e it is called). The fact that they DO have damage means they are meant to, y'know, DEAL damage - OP is saying exactly that, they CAN kick Xoph's arse, they just... don't want to.

even if they would want to, unsupported golems would still need what? 40 minutes? xD

i think we can agree that the dmg-part of golems is pretty gimicky if you dont actually support it, cant we? im pretty sure most builds (golembuilds aside) dont use golems for the dmg they deal... :D

"
"
Mythabril wrote:
Does it need a namelock or is AoE enough?

Probably. Even blasphemy + any curse needs a target or free zone under your cursor despite the curse being a true-blue aura now... which seems kinda sloppy.

what? blasphemy-curses need targeting?!
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
"
Clownkrieger wrote:
even if they would want to, unsupported golems would still need what? 40 minutes? xD

i think we can agree that the dmg-part of golems is pretty gimicky if you dont actually support it, cant we? im pretty sure most builds (golembuilds aside) dont use golems for the dmg they deal... :D
I agree with that. What I was saying is that if they can dish out the damage they should do so instead of goofing around.
"
Clownkrieger wrote:
yeah, that's... strange statement, my guess it's probably just a wording issue.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The golems are acting like that because you're dead.

Thanks for the enlightenment. Pretty close to my guess about them being "sad" I guess :D

I hoped them to be a little more self defensive though. Seems they behave like the minions you get on Catharina-missions which can be led aroud like sheep by making little flameblast waypoints for them.

What do they do on a totem build though?
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...and I've just finished my milk.
Last edited by King_of_Limbs on Jan 16, 2017, 4:45:48 AM
Yeah honestly golems are pretty sad without the AI jewel in the first place. When you have a bunch of firegolems that just run around doing nothing it is kinda sad. The only golem that seems to work without the improved AI is the stone golem and he doesn't deal that much damage. When you use them as soon as you can equip clayshaper they are quite powerful due to the high level and the added physical damage, but after that they get kinda weak.
"
Clownkrieger wrote:

It behaves just like a curse regardless of blasphemy. All blasphemy does is trigger it as an aura, but the curse still adheres to the same cast rules as before, which needs a target or cast at location trigger to work. They should have made blasphemy's behavior that of a true aura.
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info