Got stuck in the game content.

Hello guys! It's (almost)noob here. I've just been playing this game since this league, that's why I don't have enough expirience to understand the all mechanics of the game. The question is very common, I think you(expirienced players) are fed up with us who asks something like that - "How to get enough currency". But, I hope my case is a bit unusual. Since this is my first playing of poe I have reached the result - elementalist whispering ice thri-curse build 88 lvl. Almost 8k es. 8500dps under all buffs and procs. And that is all I can afford... I mean my gear.
Spoiler
From the start I was very lucky and looted 3 exalts during 3 days and 1 Cospri's Malice Jewelled Foil ( I sold it for 55 co at that moment). Got ~250 co and it was my starting wealth... then there were some fortunate occasions I bought some gear cheapper and sold a bit more expensive... but It was just a fortune.. That is a short story how I got my current gear.

What about now. I can easelly farm t15 maps, but a bit slow just because of low moving speed, actually I don't care about it. I can run t16 easily but can't kill guards.. uber lab is easy but too long... one run takes 15-20 minutes denend on how many keys Im going to get. Normal atziri is easy but Im always run out of fragments (killed her ~10 times and got nothing). and.... That's all. I got stuck.

My wealth now is 90 co and full stash (25 tabs) of gear which I cant sell.. It seems that I misprices it, but Im using POE-TradeMacro to check all affixes tiers and prices of similar gear on poe.trade and trying to price a bit lower than the medium price of specific gear.

What am I doing now ? - farming t10+ maps but I got something like equilibrium. I take 1 map - make it 20q, alc it, sometimes corrupt it and add one of Zana's mods.. in most cases I can't pay off the map but in those cases I can, It pays off the all my unsuccesful runs and my profit and loss ~ equall. I can sell some gems I got from labs but it just 8-14 c.o. which I will probably spend on modding maps and get 0 again because without modding maps don't produce returns at all. I tried to craft regalia and silk gloves by chaos spaming and trans-aug-alt-regal-ex method and haven't got even 500+ es... I lost at least 4 or 5 ex on it (((.

So, now I ask you, how is it possible to get better gear on my stage to be able to kill guardians and shaper if it costs more 30ex ? how to get so much currency ? There are a lot of guys who plays very expensive builds at the third week of the league. I really don't understand gow it is possible. I like poe very much and want to test some other builds but I can't juist because Im shitty beggar....

I hope you will open my eyes by some advices cuz Im a bit tired of farming maps from week to week just to maintain my wealth at 90 c.o. Thank you so much in advance guys!
Last edited by old_nihilist on Jan 15, 2017, 12:15:00 PM
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2017, 1:27:36 PM
People make currency by doing something that other people will value. Playing the game is something people enjoy.

Trading, by and large, isn't.

So people who invest time in trading tend to make more than people who invest time playing. It's what other people are willing to pay a premium for.

So buy low from people who want to make a quick sale, and sell high for people who don't want to wait for a cheaper person to become available. In short... be the middleman.

The people you see playing expensive builds early in a league usually have the support of a huge number of players. Those guys you see on YouTube? They look like they're playing alone. They're not. They have followers out doing the heavy lifting.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jan 15, 2017, 11:50:16 AM
What are your resistances with that gear? Assuming you're resist capped it looks more than good enough to do guardians with on WI spec. You could get a bit more ES on your belt cheaply by using a few blessed orbs to reroll the implicit - can go up to 80 IRC

I'm assuming you're using Kelvynn's excellent WI guide here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667730 Have you read the boss section? Some very handy tips with video's there for the guardians & shaper.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Jan 15, 2017, 11:59:45 AM
"
old_nihilist wrote:
It seems that I misprices it, but Im using POE-TradeMacro to check all affixes tiers and prices of similar gear on poe.trade and trying to price a bit lower than the medium price of specific gear.

If you price it like that the only way it will sell is if everything listed cheaper is sold and during the time it takes for that to happen nothing gets posted cheaper than yours.

If you really want your stuff to sell check poetrade for something very similar (mod intensities) being sold by people currently online, and price yours so that no more than 3 to 5 items are cheaper. Or make it the same as the cheapest.

Getting less for it is better than not selling it when you really want to build up some currency.

Also, people generally run t15 maps for xp not to build up currency. You build up currency by running maps that you alch-and-go and can clear very quickly (2 to 3 minutes max). You need to minimize time per map and rolling expenses if you are looking to build up cash.
M'kay didn't read any of that maybe u should use ur enter key more often.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
I cry every time i see a WI user using pyre ring.

Do people not know what "added extra" means, scaling from an exponential base value based on intelligence?

=/

How to gather currency = run fast, run low investment.

I don't particularly trade a lot, i just throw it in my premium tabs at prices i consider "ok" without checking xyz and i usually have around 300C to map with at any point in time and a few exalts.
So not particularly rich, but if your gear is all sorted that's plenty of dough to enjoy the content with.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

Do people not know what "added extra" means, scaling from an exponential base value based on intelligence?

=/

How to gather currency = run fast, run low investment.

I don't particularly trade a lot, i just throw it in my premium tabs at prices i consider "ok" without checking xyz and i usually have around 300C to map with at any point in time and a few exalts.
So not particularly rich, but if your gear is all sorted that's plenty of dough to enjoy the content with.

Peace,

-Boem-

You save 3 passive points not traveling to avatar of fire and there are simply better support gems damage wise than cold fire gem

To op.
Stop trying to craft upgrades yourself, I know it's fun and addicting to craft but you will probably go broke before you hit the jackpot you are looking for

You could also try switching helmet to some 300+es helm with int if you are having trouble surviving harder content
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
Last edited by kaarelo on Jan 15, 2017, 2:16:51 PM
dont craft, dont use zana mods on maps, that will stop the currency leak.

Tbh sounds like ur doing fine for a new player, more than fine even, sounds like ur doing well. Just keep doing it, drop ur prices if stuff isnt selling. Crafting and zana mods are how people who are already rich throw their excess money down the toilet and occasionally get some profit back from doing them. the likelyhood of crafting a better chest than the one u have is extremely remote.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

So buy low from people who want to make a quick sale, and sell high for people who don't want to wait for a cheaper person to become available. In short... be the middleman.

The people you see playing expensive builds early in a league usually have the support of a huge number of players. Those guys you see on YouTube? They look like they're playing alone. They're not. They have followers out doing the heavy lifting.

Yeah, I tried to follow this way, but there are a lot of people who use some scripts or bots which send a message to players who set the the best bet on a specific item. I used poe.trade notification, I always was the fifth or sixth, who sent a message to purchase.

"
RandallPOE wrote:
What are your resistances with that gear? Assuming you're resist capped it looks more than good enough to do guardians with on WI spec. You could get a bit more ES on your belt cheaply by using a few blessed orbs to reroll the implicit - can go up to 80 IRC

I'm assuming you're using Kelvynn's excellent WI guide here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667730 Have you read the boss section? Some very handy tips with video's there for the guardians & shaper.

Yea, my resists are capped but it if I change any of my item it won't be capped ). I made belt 79 thank you for that tip! Yes Im using this build. I red boss section, it helped a bit. Cant fully facetank guards but leap slam works too slow (despite 20q and 20 lvl), and the radius of application is too small to rely upon it. Don't have enough speed to dodge their attacks. Always take half of their hp and die... Kelvin's dmg was at least 11k, my is 9 under all procs, usually it is 5500 or 6500.

"
Qiox wrote:

Also, people generally run t15 maps for xp not to build up currency. You build up currency by running maps that you alch-and-go and can clear very quickly (2 to 3 minutes max). You need to minimize time per map and rolling expenses if you are looking to build up cash.

I spend 3~5 minutes per t9-t13 map, and a bit more if I change CD to Item Rarity. This night I was playing 5 hours just running t9-t13 maps ( A type) and got only 30 co (pure and equivalent, without recipies) no crafting, no using zana's mods. 30 co for 5 hours.... sounds sad )).

"
satanttin wrote:
M'kay didn't read any of that maybe u should use ur enter key more often.
\

sorry man, my bad, Fixed it.

"
Boem wrote:

-Boem-

I think this build uses it only for converting, not for extra. Even if it based in int this build has extremely high amount of int.

"
Boem wrote:

-Boem-

I really don't know how you manage to have 300c to map ) I described above how it goes with me...

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
dont craft, dont use zana mods on maps, that will stop the currency leak.

Tbh sounds like ur doing fine for a new player, more than fine even, sounds like ur doing well. Just keep doing it, drop ur prices if stuff isnt selling. Crafting and zana mods are how people who are already rich throw their excess money down the toilet and occasionally get some profit back from doing them. the likelyhood of crafting a better chest than the one u have is extremely remote.

I had a conversation with some man who said me that he had earned 90ex from the start of the league just by spaming c.o on silk glove. It costs him about 30-50 co to make good gloves... And he said that this is the best way to get currency. I don't need better chest, I thing I got a good one. I need better boots I think. But It is tooo expensive. This night I ran 20 or 30 maps and earned only 30 c.o...

Last edited by old_nihilist on Jan 16, 2017, 8:42:46 AM
ABS - always be selling.

A lot of it is just experience. knowing metas, knowing what those builds need finding it, putting it at right price. Takes time. You can also flip. I started buyin sacs at 20-24 for 10c then selling them for 16:10c. you can flip anything. even wisdom scrolls all thhe way to highest end gear/currency.

Don't spend any curency crafting
Don't sell if whispered within 1 min of listing. You're too cheap. Relist.
Put items up immediatly. Things crash in general as Time goes on. so you find a unique map or something of value put it up right now.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 16, 2017, 9:55:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info