Private Indexers and Bots who can whisper for items are Myths.

Thoughts?
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2017, 1:26:38 AM
Private indexers are a fact.

"Bots" are a pretty loose term, you'll need to describe what you mean by that. Certainly there are macros that will whisper for you. There are bots that play the game. I don't know if there are bots that will go through the entire process of a trade.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

"Bots" are a pretty loose term, you'll need to describe what you mean by that. Certainly there are macros that will whisper for you. There are bots that play the game. I don't know if there are bots that will go through the entire process of a trade.

Meant Private Indexers don't give significant advantages over "Woops", at least in Leagues.

I meant there is no bots who can automatically whisper you to buy item. And certainly no bots who can buy items.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jan 15, 2017, 8:27:22 AM
Auto-whisper is true... I just wouldn't call it a bot. It's more of a add-on to an existing character that runs in the background as you play. When your indexer detects a deal, it makes your character whisper.

That's not real "bot" on the bot spectrum. Much more would have to be automated for it to be considered a bot.

Oh... totally going to get you banned though if you use one.
"
Pathological wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Agree, its shocking how the younger generation understimates bots and their capabilities.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Jan 15, 2017, 1:17:35 PM
"
Pathological wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Meant Private Indexers don't give significant advantages over "Woops", at least in Leagues.

I meant there is no bots who can automatically whisper you to buy item. And certainly no bots who can buy items.
[Removed by Support]

So it's not that important to check whether you buy correct item? Not that important to know what to do if seller doesn't accept your offer in time, if seller forgot what item you wanted to buy and lost it in chat or if seller is "busy" or in million other situations human can easily solve? Not that important to know what to do if player isn't experienced enough to know about hideouts and waits for you in town.

It's at best much harder than you think, at worst impossible.

Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Jan 15, 2017, 1:18:21 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

So it's not that important to check whether you buy correct item? Not that important to know what to do if seller doesn't accept your offer in time, if seller forgot what item you wanted to buy and lost it in chat or if seller is "busy" or in million other situations human can easily solve? Not that important to know what to do if player isn't experienced enough to know about hideouts and waits for you in town.

What scripting languages are you familiar enough with to feel confident making that kind of assessment? Also, why do you think that these things would have to work perfectly in all situations for people to consider using them?
"

What scripting languages are you familiar enough with to feel confident making that kind of assessment? Also, why do you think that these things would have to work perfectly in all situations for people to consider using them?

Im pretty confident his asnwer to the first question is:

Just another case of IDKHTNKH.

"I don't know how therefore nobody knows how."
"
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Probably because algorythms that depend on many external factors or even require actual AI is much harder than copy-pasting machine.

Bot that can brainlessly click 2 areas on the screen? Hell yeah, give me two!

You probably won't even be able to make thing that picks exalted orb from your inventory in 20 minutes.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jan 15, 2017, 11:57:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info