[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
kira1414 wrote:

And he did post his flask setup. It is in the picture (Life + Taste of Hate + Dying Sun + Lion's Roar + Quicksilver). ;)

Yeah I saw that after I edited my post but forgot to delete that again :D
"
kira1414 wrote:

"
Lemmji wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely try them :)

How the hell did you get 100k dps :O Even will all buffs I'm at 67k. Or is the warchief still active on the screenshot?

Oh and what kind of flasks are you using? You didn't link them

Edit: Oh and maybe you can show us your mapping set-up :)

From the picture, you can see that he only has Herald of Ash + Fire Golem buff at the time he took the screenshot.

His Devoto helm has 40% Cyclone damage enchant and he uses 6L Carcass Jack. Even without that 40% helm enchant, with 6L you can easily hit 80K on your cyclone. :)

And he did post his flask setup. It is in the picture (Life + Taste of Hate + Dying Sun + Lion's Roar + Quicksilver). ;)

Ah yes, Kira is 100% right, not to mention, I looked at your gear in your profile and you get 67k fully buffed mainly because you need a 6L for your cyclone for conc effect which gives a significant dps boost, also, I see that you've only gotten 1 jewel slot in your tree, I recommend you getting all 4 jewel slot which can be seen in kira's or my passive tree. The jewels gives a massive dps boosts.
My jewels:

You should try aiming for 3 stats jewels that has phys dmg (Fire/area dmg works) /attack speed/life, and gradually aim for 4 stats jewels after min maxing the rest of your gear/gems.

And for my mapping setup, it's basically the same as my current setup for shaper but i replace attack speed with blood rage gem thats connected to my leap slam and swap out conc effect for increase AOE gem. I also use Headhunter which is 100% unnecessary but just using for fun :)
Last edited by redviles on Feb 2, 2017, 5:29:57 AM
Uber atziri done! :) but not deathless this time, left with two portals, died twice in trio and once in atziri room, 100% would not recommend doing uber atziri with this build because you won't be able to ignite atziri which is a big portion of damage coming from this build, and hard to faceroll trio since you won't be able to burst them down instantly, so you would need to dodge the spikes and the cycloner all the time which I didn't do too well, hence how I died twice.

my gear/gem setup is basically the same as the shaper run but got better gloves which boosted my dps a bit compared to the shaper run.

Last edited by redviles on Feb 2, 2017, 9:05:18 AM
"
redviles wrote:
Uber atziri done! :) but not deathless this time, left with two portals, died twice in trio and once in atziri room, 100% would not recommend doing uber atziri with this build because you won't be able to ignite atziri which is a big portion of damage coming from this build, and hard to faceroll trio since you won't be able to burst them down instantly, so you would need to dodge the spikes and the cycloner all the time which I didn't do too well, hence how I died twice.

I was expecting Uber Atziri to be tough and thank you for confirming it.

I have included your screenshot of Uber Atziri run into the main guide, including your feedback that this build is not recommended to run her (referencing to your post).

Thanks again. :)
Killed Hydra for the first time. Sadly with one death because I cornered her stupidly and I got caught between her and 2 orbs without cycloning - you know what that means ;)

But still, another thing on the big end-game checklist done

After I died I forgot to put up Herald of Ash again but she was almost down anyway so it wasn't a problem. I had some major lag spikes but all in all on of the most fun fights of PoE so far :)

Edit: Just for fun I tried using Lacerate (because I got a Quality 20 Lacerate through a prophecy) and used the following setup in my Carcass Jack: Lacerate - Weapon Ele - Multistrike - Melee Phys - AoE/Conc Effect - Ele Focus. Even this works relatively well with the build. You can clear mid tier maps relatively fast and I also did Xoph deathless without any real problems. It's a nice change of pace but not even close to the damage output and speed of Cyclone. Still a nice experiment :)

Edit 2: Aaaaand Phoenix is down. That was not fun at all I have to admit. I got the timing with his firebomb wrong over and over again and pretty much died instantly. Made the fight very tricky for me, I only had 1 portal left when I killed him. Guess I should've watched his movements more closely.

I'm still not sure what equipment I should change next without needing a high amount of currency. Even better boots would cost me 2-3 exalts, new belt with ele dmg at least 1 ex and so on.
Last edited by Lemmji on Feb 3, 2017, 4:01:24 PM
"
Lemmji wrote:
Killed Hydra for the first time. Sadly with one death because I cornered her stupidly and I got caught between her and 2 orbs without cycloning - you know what that means ;)

But still, another thing on the big end-game checklist done

After I died I forgot to put up Herald of Ash again but she was almost down anyway so it wasn't a problem. I had some major lag spikes but all in all on of the most fun fights of PoE so far :)

Edit: Just for fun I tried using Lacerate (because I got a Quality 20 Lacerate through a prophecy) and used the following setup in my Carcass Jack: Lacerate - Weapon Ele - Multistrike - Melee Phys - AoE/Conc Effect - Ele Focus. Even this works relatively well with the build. You can clear mid tier maps relatively fast and I also did Xoph deathless without any real problems. It's a nice change of pace but not even close to the damage output and speed of Cyclone. Still a nice experiment :)

Edit 2: Aaaaand Phoenix is down. That was not fun at all I have to admit. I got the timing with his firebomb wrong over and over again and pretty much died instantly. Made the fight very tricky for me, I only had 1 portal left when I killed him. Guess I should've watched his movements more closely.

I'm still not sure what equipment I should change next without needing a high amount of currency. Even better boots would cost me 2-3 exalts, new belt with ele dmg at least 1 ex and so on.

Grats on both clear!

Yes. Phoenix firebomb is pretty much a 1 shot fiesta. Once you get used to it you will be able to fully avoid it. That is the only thing that can really kill you in his fight.

For Chimera fight, his minions and his smoke attack are what that can kill you. Minions you just have to take them out fast. For his smoke attack, you can use a quicksilver flask to run around his room fast. Look out for that thick cloud (he hides in there) and he will resurface once you run into it.

As to gear upgrade, I would go for the flasks next (Dying Sun and Taste of Hate) and now and then, try out my luck in crafting the belt and boots.
Thanks again :) I'll keep that in mind regarding the Chimera. Taste of Hate is the first thing I'll buy, I don't have the currency for Dying Sun right now :)

Edit: Just did Chimera... and I thought Phoenix was kinda dodgy! The adds hit like truck and the cloud phase was pretty weird, even though I knew what I had to do. It took me 2 less portals than Phoenix, but it was still a weird fight. I definitely don't feel confident enough to do Shaper yet, but that's ok for now :)

Last edited by Lemmji on Feb 4, 2017, 4:56:15 AM
Hey! Thanks for the write-up!

This is the first league I've tried Guardians. I've done Chimera/Hydra deathless, Phoenix with usually 1-2 deaths, but I'm having a really hard time against Minotaur.

I have 5.7k life (I know it's quite low), and 28k armor. I've tried facetanking him with leech and Basalt up, but his attacks burst me down really fast. Any suggestions?

I'm 0/5 attempts on Minotaur. I usually only manage ~50% of his life before I lose all 6 portals.
Last edited by pirate_yar on Feb 7, 2017, 5:54:38 PM
"
pirate_yar wrote:
Hey! Thanks for the write-up!

This is the first league I've tried Guardians. I've done Chimera/Hydra deathless, Phoenix with usually 1-2 deaths, but I'm having a really hard time against Minotaur.

I have 5.7k life (I know it's quite low), and 28k armor. I've tried facetanking him with leech and Basalt up, but his attacks burst me down really fast. Any suggestions?

I'm 0/5 attempts on Minotaur. I usually only manage ~50% of his life before I lose all 6 portals.

In Minotaur fight, cyclone close to him. He will not perform his tunnel attack (which can 1 shot you if your flask is not popped) when you are close to him. His slam attack is easy to avoid when you cyclone.

What can also kill you is his other attack, falling rocks. Don't let them overlap on you. When that happens, go to another platform that is safe. He will tunnel over when you do that but it is easy to avoid this attack. There is a small delay allowing you to move to the side of where he will be surfacing. Once he surfaced, just repeat your cyclone attack on him.

I checked your character profile and see that you are using Arctic Armor. Arctic Armor doesn't make you more tanky because you are always moving. The damage reduction only apply when you are stationary.

Carcass is a better chest piece because of the AOE radius. Allowing you to hit the target from a further distance.

Also, R R R B G is a better color setup for the chest. Thanks to @Lemmji input, you can consider this gem setup which will give you more damage:

Thank you! Took your advice, and will try and buy a Minotaur map tonight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info