[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
njrz wrote:
any flask recomendation

Ruby flask is the only flask that you must have in your flask setup. Otherwise it is pretty much your own mix and match according to what you need.

Dying Sun is the recommended version of it. Not only does it makes you immune to single elemental reflect mob, it also gives you huge AOE.

Quicksilver is good for Cyclone too since cyclone has a 30% reduced movement when you cast it.

For your reference, this is my flask setup:

Lion's Roar + Taste of Hate is to give more tank against physical damage and more damage when you pop them.

Mana pot mainly for anti freeze because it comes with 5 charges and it refills really fast. Also used in situation when you run out of mana (especially if you use: Herald of Ash + Purity of Fire + Flammability).
Well I just facetanked Uul-Netol into complete oblivion. I can't believe how easy the fight was. The rift was easy as well, altough I was a bit more careful, because I died to ele reflect the last time in UN's domain. Even got the Blessing and UN's Embrace. His slam hit hard but with a basalt flask and Lion's Roar it was completely tankable. Tbh it was the easiest of all the Breach Lords I've done yet (every Lord except Chayula).

Still love the build, altough I switched from Inc. Area of Effect / Conc. Effect to Elemental Focus which is BIS imo, you still got the 20% inc. AoE from Carcass Jack. but only 10% less damage than Conc. Effect. I have about 60-65k damage buffed with the 5l Combination Cyclone - Melee Phys - Elemental Focus - Weapon Ele - Fortify. Elemental Focus honestly seems best in slot as long as you use a Carcass Jack.

I don't know why I still use Writhing Jar. I'm just lazy to switch to something else but Dying Sun is still to expensive and I don't know what else I could use. Maybe a Taste of Hate, but is the Cold damage converted by Xoph's Blood or not?
Last edited by Lemmji on Feb 1, 2017, 6:00:49 AM
"
Lemmji wrote:
Well I just facetanked Uul-Netol into complete oblivion. I can't believe how easy the fight was. The rift was easy as well, altough I was a bit more careful, because I died to ele reflect the last time in UN's domain. Even got the Blessing and UN's Embrace. His slam hit hard but with a basalt flask and Lion's Roar it was completely tankable. Tbh it was the easiest of all the Breach Lords I've done yet (every Lord except Chayula).

Still love the build, altough I switched from Inc. Area of Effect / Conc. Effect to Elemental Focus which is BIS imo, you still got the 20% inc. AoE from Carcass Jack. but only 10% less damage than Conc. Effect. I have about 60-65k damage buffed with the 5l Combination Cyclone - Melee Phys - Elemental Focus - Weapon Ele - Fortify. Elemental Focus honestly seems best in slot as long as you use a Carcass Jack.

I don't know why I still use Writhing Jar. I'm just lazy to switch to something else but Dying Sun is still to expensive and I don't know what else I could use. Maybe a Taste of Hate, but is the Cold damage converted by Xoph's Blood or not?

You are right on the Elemental Focus gem! Never thought of using that. I will include it in the guide. Thanks for the input!

As to whether the cold damage gets converted when you pop Taste of Hate, the answer is yes (due to Avatar of Fire).

I would suggest you to get that 6L Carcass Jack first before any other pots. You can link Increased Area back in. And during end game boss fights, you can swap in Concentrated gem for even more damage.
Ah, I wasn't sure if was from physical -> to cold -> to fire, but I guess Avatar of Fire has the "last word" ;)

I'm really not sure if I'm getting a 6L Carcass Jack or if I'm just going with a really tanky rare astral chest or even a 6L Belly of the Beast. Seems like a good life buffer. I guess I'll play around with both a bit.

Just did Minotaur for the first time ever (I'm a relatively new player): I just did the map with only 2 or 3 mods, didn't alch it because I didn't want to throw 12 chaos away - I couldn't really estimate how hard T16 maps are because I've never played them before. The map itself was easy, the minotaur was a bit weird. I didn't know his attack patterns so I died a lot. Still got him on my last portal (died 4 times and went back to my ho to refill pots once) but that was not as satisfying as the other big bosses I killed so far. Definitely have to work on my defenses a bit, the damage output was fine :)

Last edited by Lemmji on Feb 1, 2017, 9:43:59 AM
"
Lemmji wrote:

Just did Minotaur for the first time ever (I'm a relatively new player): I just did the map with only 2 or 3 mods, didn't alch it because I didn't want to throw 12 chaos away - I couldn't really estimate how hard T16 maps are because I've never played them before. The map itself was easy, the minotaur was a bit weird. I didn't know his attack patterns so I died a lot. Still got him on my last portal (died 4 times and went back to my ho to refill pots once) but that was not as satisfying as the other big bosses I killed so far. Definitely have to work on my defenses a bit, the damage output was fine :)

Grats on your first Minotaur clear. :)

Yes. If you are fighting Minotaur for the first time, you will be shocked by his attack patterns and the damage his attacks deal.

Just stay close to him as you cyclone and he will not perform his tunnel attack (which is easy to avoid once you know how to identify it). You can tank for quite a while as long as his falling rocks don't stack more than 1 layer.

If they do stack up, just leap to the next platform and he will very likely tunnel over (he does it when you are further away from his melee range) to you and you can repeat your attack.

You don't need 2 x Ruby flasks and you can replace one of them with a basalt flask when you fight him. His attacks are mostly physical.
"
kira1414 wrote:

Grats on your first Minotaur clear. :)

You don't need 2 x Ruby flasks and you can replace one of them with a basalt flask when you fight him. His attacks are mostly physical.

Thanks! :)

Yeah I switched the 2 rubys out for the fight. I don't know why I used 2 ruby flasks for so long, I now use one ruby and one basalt because I only have 1,6k armor so basalt is really needed for hard hitting phys bosses :)
Just finished killing Shaper at lvl 90 with this exact build from Kira :), basically deathless (dced twice cuz of shitty internet services xD)
Whole fight was just facerolling him and trying to lure the vortex balls to the side of the map, only close call was when i was cornered and Shaper was preparing his slam attack but i was barely able to leap slam out of it.

Things I recommend doing in shaper:
- Gaining endurance charges while zana is protecting u in the shield
- Don't use Lion's Roar flask while killing the shaper mini boss between each phase or else you'll have a bad time trying to kill him when hes stuck on the corner
- Try to keep flask charges for each phase since its hard to keep flask charges up with this build
- Make sure you got good internet unlike me :)

My tree is a little different from Kira's as I go for a bit of armour / life regen since i normally use blood rage / endurance charges in mapping/labs:

poeurl.com/13g

My gear looks pretty pricey such as the high res / life rings and my gloves, but this could easily be achieved with like 50 chaos budget since my belt barely gives any res and you still can get res from jewels which I dont.

PM me (RedvilesUber) or reply here if you got any questions :)

Last edited by redviles on Feb 2, 2017, 4:14:14 AM
Some things I would like to mention for the build to help increase dps for your molten burst from the Ngamahu axe and the ancestral warchief totems.

Instead of using this for your molten burst:

Swapping out Physical Projectile Attack Damage for Elemental focus would increase your dps quite a bit, and your gems should be:

For Ancestral warchief totems, instead of using this:

Swapping out the faster attacks for Elemental focus would help increase your dps, and your gems should be:

Hope this can help you guys :)
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely try them :)

How the hell did you get 100k dps :O Even will all buffs I'm at 67k. Or is the warchief still active on the screenshot?

Oh and what kind of flasks are you using? You didn't link them

Edit: Oh and maybe you can show us your mapping set-up :)

Edit 2: Regarding the damage; I'm stupid. You have a 6l with conc. effect, I only have a 5l. Makes sense that Conc. Effect hugely buffs the damage.
Last edited by Lemmji on Feb 2, 2017, 5:22:26 AM
"
redviles wrote:
Some things I would like to mention for the build to help increase dps for your molten burst from the Ngamahu axe and the ancestral warchief totems.

Instead of using this for your molten burst:

Swapping out Physical Projectile Attack Damage for Elemental focus would increase your dps quite a bit, and your gems should be:

For Ancestral warchief totems, instead of using this:

Swapping out the faster attacks for Elemental focus would help increase your dps, and your gems should be:

Hope this can help you guys :)

Grats again on your deathless Shaper clear!

Thanks for the new gem setup. I will update the guide to that. :)

"
Lemmji wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely try them :)

How the hell did you get 100k dps :O Even will all buffs I'm at 67k. Or is the warchief still active on the screenshot?

Oh and what kind of flasks are you using? You didn't link them

Edit: Oh and maybe you can show us your mapping set-up :)

From the picture, you can see that he only has Herald of Ash + Fire Golem buff at the time he took the screenshot.

His Devoto helm has 40% Cyclone damage enchant and he uses 6L Carcass Jack. Even without that 40% helm enchant, with 6L you can easily hit 80K on your cyclone. :)

And he did post his flask setup. It is in the picture (Life + Taste of Hate + Dying Sun + Lion's Roar + Quicksilver). ;)
Last edited by kira1414 on Feb 2, 2017, 5:21:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info