[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Glad you are enjoying the build. :)

Besides Carcass and Bronn, Fossil crafted (Pristine + Serrated) elder rare chest is great for the build too so that is something you can look into. E.g.

Thanks for the reply. That is a nice body armour, I haven't got round to crafting with fossils yet, I'll have to give it a try before the league ends. Liking the Carcass Jack though, I have veered off the tree a little too to pick up Brinkmanship and some other AoE/range nodes. Just demolishing red maps so quickly and I nearly killed Shaper first try (but failed). Still just on a 5L too. Much further than I could get with my own unguided Slayer build when I started a few months ago. Just wanted to say how appreciative I am that people like yourself write and maintain these guides, they lay such a good groundwork for beginning to understand this complex and beautiful game. Especially with that final push, I enjoy just playing and IDing rares and can make a decent normal character but if I'm spending 10ex on a collection of exotic stuff I really need someone else's expertise, it let's me enjoy the game more, so thanks :)

There is one issue I have been having though that I haven't experienced on any of my other characters. Getting stunned, specifically chain stunned to death. I'm running the Pantheon at the moment to prevent the chain. Is this my best option? (besides to just never stop cyclone leeching, i believe the ascendancy gives immunity to stun when leeching). It's making it harder to get beyond Lv91. 5.6k life, would getting above 6k help with the stun? I can definitely get better jewels wife life and if I stop dying could get some more passive life.

"
Dashem wrote:

Thanks for the reply. That is a nice body armour, I haven't got round to crafting with fossils yet, I'll have to give it a try before the league ends. Liking the Carcass Jack though, I have veered off the tree a little too to pick up Brinkmanship and some other AoE/range nodes. Just demolishing red maps so quickly and I nearly killed Shaper first try (but failed). Still just on a 5L too. Much further than I could get with my own unguided Slayer build when I started a few months ago. Just wanted to say how appreciative I am that people like yourself write and maintain these guides, they lay such a good groundwork for beginning to understand this complex and beautiful game. Especially with that final push, I enjoy just playing and IDing rares and can make a decent normal character but if I'm spending 10ex on a collection of exotic stuff I really need someone else's expertise, it let's me enjoy the game more, so thanks :)

There is one issue I have been having though that I haven't experienced on any of my other characters. Getting stunned, specifically chain stunned to death. I'm running the Pantheon at the moment to prevent the chain. Is this my best option? (besides to just never stop cyclone leeching, i believe the ascendancy gives immunity to stun when leeching). It's making it harder to get beyond Lv91. 5.6k life, would getting above 6k help with the stun? I can definitely get better jewels wife life and if I stop dying could get some more passive life.

You are immune to stun when you leech and while you are using cyclone so you should not have issues with stun chaining. That will only occur when you are not leeching and not using Cyclone.

Having more life will also reduce the chance of getting stunned. I believe the stun chaining you are experiencing occurs when you are running around the map. I would suggest you to always engage with a pack of mobs before running to the next pack so that at least the leech grants you stun immunity.

You can make some adjustment to your flask setup.

- Anti-bleed on 50% instant divine life flask (you can drop this and stick with Writhing Jar)
- Anti-freeze on quicksilver
- Anti-curse on granite flask (drop Lion's Roar, you mainly use it for end game bosses)
- Switch Stibnite to Quartz flask and get anti-shock on it. You can also use Cinderswallow.
- Consider using Taste of Hate or Wise Oak (if you use Wise Oak and Taste of Hate, ensure overcap fire resist is at least 50% higher than cold)

It is possible to get 6000 life at level 90. Prioritise life rolls on your jewels.

For Pantheon, I suggest using Lunaris or Solaris as major god. Lunaris is especially great if you run maps with chain mod and you use Warchief extensively. You can also consider linking multi-totem to Warchief. It greatly improves your survivability too.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Dashem wrote:

You are immune to stun when you leech and while you are using cyclone so you should not have issues with stun chaining. That will only occur when you are not leeching and not using Cyclone.

Having more life will also reduce the chance of getting stunned. I believe the stun chaining you are experiencing occurs when you are running around the map. I would suggest you to always engage with a pack of mobs before running to the next pack so that at least the leech grants you stun immunity.

You can make some adjustment to your flask setup.

- Anti-bleed on 50% instant divine life flask (you can drop this and stick with Writhing Jar)
- Anti-freeze on quicksilver
- Anti-curse on granite flask (drop Lion's Roar, you mainly use it for end game bosses)
- Switch Stibnite to Quartz flask and get anti-shock on it. You can also use Cinderswallow.
- Consider using Taste of Hate or Wise Oak (if you use Wise Oak and Taste of Hate, ensure overcap fire resist is at least 50% higher than cold)

It is possible to get 6000 life at level 90. Prioritise life rolls on your jewels.

For Pantheon, I suggest using Lunaris or Solaris as major god. Lunaris is especially great if you run maps with chain mod and you use Warchief extensively. You can also consider linking multi-totem to Warchief. It greatly improves your survivability too.

Yeah I'm getting stunned sometimes when moving about, I'm sure it's even in the air when leap slamming. I can just play better to avoid this I think.

I've switched my Pantheon back to Lunaris and made some of the easy flask changes. My resistances are immovable at this point, simply can't afford more gear and it was all bought to just inch me over the res caps (had my pen and paper out any everything). So that rules out the fancy flask combo I think. I love the movement speed and many charges on the stibnite so I'll keep that for most maps and use an anti-shock quartz on the hardest stuff.

I'm gonna pluck up some courage and try without a second life flask but I don't think I can cope, need to get a feel for just leeching off the writhing worms during some of the bosses. It doesn't recharge via Ryslatha either so I'll switch my minor to Abberath.

Is there a link between Lunaris and Ancestral Warchief? I used to use multi totem but I really enjoy the Vaal Warchief and multi uses both charges together and it takes a long time to recharge making my DPS too spiky, at least that's how I felt earlier before my character did so much damage, I'll try it now I'm less reliant on the 'chief as there is no finer sight than two vaal 'chiefs tearing it up, and normal 'chiefs are much more impactful with multi so they can help during soul gain prev.

I know my gems need some work, they were the last thing to do and funds have dried up so it's my best efforts with a few hundred alts and a dozen regals.

Time to go see if I fare any better against the Shaper!
"
Dashem wrote:

Yeah I'm getting stunned sometimes when moving about, I'm sure it's even in the air when leap slamming. I can just play better to avoid this I think.

I've switched my Pantheon back to Lunaris and made some of the easy flask changes. My resistances are immovable at this point, simply can't afford more gear and it was all bought to just inch me over the res caps (had my pen and paper out any everything). So that rules out the fancy flask combo I think. I love the movement speed and many charges on the stibnite so I'll keep that for most maps and use an anti-shock quartz on the hardest stuff.

I'm gonna pluck up some courage and try without a second life flask but I don't think I can cope, need to get a feel for just leeching off the writhing worms during some of the bosses. It doesn't recharge via Ryslatha either so I'll switch my minor to Abberath.

Is there a link between Lunaris and Ancestral Warchief? I used to use multi totem but I really enjoy the Vaal Warchief and multi uses both charges together and it takes a long time to recharge making my DPS too spiky, at least that's how I felt earlier before my character did so much damage, I'll try it now I'm less reliant on the 'chief as there is no finer sight than two vaal 'chiefs tearing it up, and normal 'chiefs are much more impactful with multi so they can help during soul gain prev.

I know my gems need some work, they were the last thing to do and funds have dried up so it's my best efforts with a few hundred alts and a dozen regals.

Time to go see if I fare any better against the Shaper!

If you move through map fast enough, you should be immune to stun when you travel from pack to pack.

For general mapping and leveling character, you can drop Writhing Jar since you have more than enough damage and keep Writhing Jar for fights like Shaper, Uber Elder.

For Lunaris and Warchief link, if you roll a map that says "Monster's skill chain 2 additional times" and you run into ranged mobs, planting Warchief can instantly get you killed.

With Lunaris, capturing her power from Colosseum boss with Divine Vessel, you will be able to avoid all projectiles that chained.

If you watch videos, it is not uncommon to see players dying inside an incursion encounter to Ancient Construct projectiles when they have minions with them. The chaining projectiles pretty much instant kill.

Don't worry on the damage output of Vaal Warchief with Multitotem. Even with 3 x regular Warchief, you will still do insane damage. They are also very good at luring attacks from you.
Got some new jewels, dropped 5k damage but got just over 6k life, multi-chiefs, used the basic flasks you recommended, beat the Shaper! Was actually quite easy after learning to dodge his teleport attack. Just one death where he put the void ground DoT thing inside Zana's bubble. Very happy :)
"
Dashem wrote:
Got some new jewels, dropped 5k damage but got just over 6k life, multi-chiefs, used the basic flasks you recommended, beat the Shaper! Was actually quite easy after learning to dodge his teleport attack. Just one death where he put the void ground DoT thing inside Zana's bubble. Very happy :)

Congrats on the Shaper kill. It appears that you did it with a 5L.

Get that 6L and you will have at least 40% more damage. :)
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Dashem wrote:

Congrats on the Shaper kill. It appears that you did it with a 5L.

Get that 6L and you will have at least 40% more damage. :)

Yeah it was on a 5L, didn't realize I was missing out on quite so much damage. Managed to sell some gloves for 4ex so I just got myself this as a replacement.

Shame about the quality but I'm over the moon with the flexibility of the white socket as I enjoy both AoE and Rage (+Berserk) and like to switch.

I guess concentrated effect is the biggest damage though so I'll use that for bosses. If I don't fancy using any of the AoE altering stuff though is melee physical damage my best option? Just spotted that you recommend close combat support, don't think I've ever noticed it in game, I'll get levelling that up.

Currently using: Cyclone, Fortify, Infused Channeling, Elemental Damage Attacks, Pulverize, Melee Physical.
this build is lit,I didnt expect much to be honest but when I beat shaper and atziri as easy as some map boss I know I did the right thing to follow this build

my char btw,as you can see atziri just sitting behind there getting dusty
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PantatBuduk/characters

Thanks man
"
this build is lit,I didnt expect much to be honest but when I beat shaper and atziri as easy as some map boss I know I did the right thing to follow this build

my char btw,as you can see atziri just sitting behind there getting dusty
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PantatBuduk/characters

Thanks man

Hey man. I think you have your profile set to private so other people can't view your characters.

Make sure you have done this: (info from Reddit)

Log into pathofexile.com and go to your account page by clicking your username in the top left. On the right hand side click on privacy settings and untick the box labeled "hide characters tab".

Hope that helps :)
oopps sorry,now is already open

also I don't know if anyone ever knew about using timeless jewel lethal pride in slot near diamond skin will give like 40% increased burning damage+extra life is just crazy good!

make sure you get the lethal pride with KAOM name on it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info