[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

I have questions to this build.

1. Why doesn´t anyone use Blood Magic and the three nodes after that? That pushed my life enormously. And in my opinion the Mana Regeneration is not fast enough.

2. Why use Fortify Support in the chest (for Cyclone) and not for Leap Slam? Leap Slam procct fortify in the same way and then i can use another stronger support gem for Cyclone.

3. I can do T7 Maps but i die very often in higher maps by one shots. What can i do? My life is 5300.
I just wanted to say thanks for the guide. I played this as a starter build for Legacy. Total fun.

My items, nothing special. ~48k Cyclone dps (inc aoe) in Hideout with ~7k hp.

Today I got my Amulet. Some advice? Or I need to run with this flasks above?
Ur build seems very powerful with this Amulet.
P.S sry for my eng.
Yo, i'm really in love with this build, thats why i've been playing it for like 4 months in league, making bank running labs etc, so i'd like to post my rearangements of this build since i've come to almost being endgeared (not taking in mind good rolled hysteria opals, because that thing is 100ex+). Who knows, maybe someone takes something out of it :) .

Showcase of my gear and my jewels
Spoiler

jewels

flasks

hideout tooltip without flasks with cyclone, and dps calculated by path of building with every buff i can get
Spoiler

tooltip dps
Spoiler

effective dps with Path of Building
Spoiler

hideout tooltip without flasks with ancestral warchief, and dps calculated by path of building with every buff i can get
Spoiler

tooltip dps
Spoiler

effective dps with Path of Building
Spoiler

my defenses in hideout
Spoiler

meeeh, i know, not the best, but its enough to take down shaper anyways

and last but not the least, here is my tree

Furthermore i can improve my build with another dmg to my gloves or overall better gloves, and better belt :) not much else... i could level up more and take either mace damage, life or another jewel slot.

Also another 6l can be used for cwdt setup for maximal survivability if needed, you suffer tho by losing half of your damage.

I've got a CWDT setup in my helm for power charge generation, because vaal lightning trap isnt of much use in labyrinth since only time you can use it on boss is on Argus, otherwise at Aspirant's Trial you lose all your souls so there is no point for me of having it.

I'm not going for iron reflexes because i feel like the evasion is decent enough to keep it, if you want, you can go iron reflexes, its more matter of personal preference :).

By changing out for other weapon than ngamahu you lose like 200k dps on cyclone, but me personally i gained about 480-500k dps on ancestral warchief so it was a better choice for me.

Feel free to give any further suggestions or feedback, all will be welcome :)

BIG EDIT: DO NOT USE Atziri's Acuity with overleech, it DOESN'T work, it is posted on bug report and hopefully investigated, i lost quite alot of currency by trying to push this build to its limits with Acuities.
Basically how it works is - as long as you dont crit, you build up your overleech, once you crit tho, the game registers it as you having a vaal pact instead of mod from acuities and erases ALL your overleech. How it should work is Vaal pact with critical strikes but still retaining your overleech from non-critical strike attacks, it doesn't tho, don't do it until the bug is resolved, or you may lose currency. ^^ Cheers
Last edited by Sallamo on Jul 22, 2017, 8:51:54 PM
"
Earthwarrior wrote:
I have questions to this build.

1. Why doesn´t anyone use Blood Magic and the three nodes after that? That pushed my life enormously. And in my opinion the Mana Regeneration is not fast enough.

2. Why use Fortify Support in the chest (for Cyclone) and not for Leap Slam? Leap Slam procct fortify in the same way and then i can use another stronger support gem for Cyclone.

3. I can do T7 Maps but i die very often in higher maps by one shots. What can i do? My life is 5300.

1. Are you using cyclone to travel across the map instead of leap or run? You only use cyclone when you are going to engage monsters. Otherwise you will use run or leap to cover the map and there will be no mana issue as you have sufficient leech.

If you have watched the videos posted by other players on end game boss fights, you will notice that they do not run into mana issue and they don't use mana pot at all. You will lose too much damage if you are not running flammability and herald of ash.

2. Leap for fortify requires a lot more attention to ensure fortify is up. Having fortify linked to cyclone allows you to spin constantly and thus do more dps over time.

3. Flasks setup is very important. I see that your flask setup is different from the guide. Ensure you are running the proper flask and pop them when you engage in fight.

Your 4L gem setup is not following the guide too. Link fortify to cyclone and follow the 4L setup and you will find yourself surviving better.

Your rings are lacking in life rolls. You will want to get rings with 60+ life. Also, having Sibyl ring on the left ring slot allows you to tank through single elemental reflect mob with ruby flask popped. Without that ring and ruby flask, you will 1 shot yourself when you run into elemental reflect. Especially in breaches.

Drop blood magic keystone and pick up the 4 jewel sockets in the skill tree. 4 x 7% life jewels will help.

"
qww177 wrote:
Today I got my Amulet. Some advice? Or I need to run with this flasks above?
Ur build seems very powerful with this Amulet.
P.S sry for my eng.

Yes. The flask setup is crucial. They give you more damage and provide better survivability.

"
Sallamo wrote:

By changing out for other weapon than ngamahu you lose like 200k dps on cyclone, but me personally i gained about 480-500k dps on ancestral warchief so it was a better choice for me.

If you are swapping Ngamahu for other 2H weapon, consider going for Disfavor axe. You can use exact same tree and go for bleed cyclone while keeping Xoph's Blood. You just have to drop Point Blank and Iron Grip keystones.
Last edited by kira1414 on Jul 23, 2017, 12:08:16 PM
Dude, ty for guide. With flask + Fortify and Endurence charges I have 80% +/- armour. But how we can get Xoph Amulet in a new league?
And what about Berserker verison with Vaal Pact and Cloak of Savagery?
"
kira1414 wrote:

"
Sallamo wrote:

If you are swapping Ngamahu for other 2H weapon, consider going for Disfavor axe. You can use exact same tree and go for bleed cyclone while keeping Xoph's Blood. You just have to drop Point Blank and Iron Grip keystones.

I posted whole ton of info with that, you can look what i swapped to and how i changed my tree
Couple days into my SSF attempt, thought I'd give Ngamahu's a try. Just finished levelling, rolling into yellow maps. Managed to chance the axe after struggling with a pure phys cyclone. Ngamahu's is far and away above your standard cyclone, jeez. [obviously top end cyclone is probably a little different]

Gear

A long way to go, but hey. The only thing I'm not actively trying to upgrade is the Axe itself and I'm pretty happy with the gloves also. It's a solid character to use as a base.

Working on getting some more levels, getting Primeval Force/Hatchet Master and some regen with my next ~8 or 9 points. Hopefully by then I'll have got my hands on a Devoto's, and some ring upgrades. At that point I think I'll feel pretty good about tackling a couple Xoph breachstones to hunt down the amulet.

As much as I think I've got my head around the build and my plan, if anyone's got any SSF specific advice I'd love to hear it.
Duelist was the last class I hadn't started, because I couldn't decide what build I wanted to go. After running across this, I decided to go with it. And boy, did I luck out! I managed to pick up the Axe with GGRRRB and +1 weapon range for 4ex, perfect rolls otherwise! Score! I haven't started leveling him yet, he's like..2 I think lol. Been working on several other chars. But I'm really looking forward to this build! And it looks like it'll be even more fun in 3.0!
Does Taste of haste needed to this build? I'm kinda lost which flask i use

current use

Life flask / L. Roar / Taste of hate / Wise oak / Quick silver

is my flask setup ok?

What the difference between Slayer vs Raider?

Raider looks more fun than Slayer and the leech from Slayer seems useless without Vaal pact base on my experience leech cant keep up with enemy damage just saying.
Last edited by popotm on Jul 25, 2017, 11:04:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info