[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
kira1414 wrote:
"
OneUnited wrote:
Im just curious how you guys get such high armour? Mine is relatively low...

My armour rating is around 3400, 22% physical damage reduction. They come mainly from the following gear pieces:

I have 19% physical damage reduction. Am i wrong to say that this build is considered squishy? Even so, i love this build.
"
OneUnited wrote:

I have 19% physical damage reduction. Am i wrong to say that this build is considered squishy? Even so, i love this build.

19% is decent. I was playing with 19% before and did not feel squishy. 20% is a good % to aim for.

There are really only 2 things that can kill you in this build, elemental reflect and 1 shot boss. Single elemental reflect map is easily countered with a ruby flask. Just pop it before you engage and you will be able to tank through.

Among the many builds that I have played, I find this build to be well balanced in terms of damage and toughness. I even got my Slayer to level 96 with it. :)
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
OneUnited wrote:

19% is decent. I was playing with 19% before and did not feel squishy. 20% is a good % to aim for.

There are really only 2 things that can kill you in this build, elemental reflect and 1 shot boss. Single elemental reflect map is easily countered with a ruby flask. Just pop it before you engage and you will be able to tank through.

Among the many builds that I have played, I find this build to be well balanced in terms of damage and toughness. I even got my Slayer to level 96 with it. :)

I just tried the Izaro at merciless stage at level 74. During his last phase, he just OHKO after he spawned. I was stunned and sighed.. It's probably a bad move to stand at his spawn point.

"
OneUnited wrote:

I just tried the Izaro at merciless stage at level 74. During his last phase, he just OHKO after he spawned. I was stunned and sighed.. It's probably a bad move to stand at his spawn point.

Izaro will always launch an initial attack the moment he surfaces. Usually what I do is to circle around him around the circular hole that he is going to popup. This way his first attack will miss.

Remember to get the endurance charges up (you can cast Enduring cry on fonts to get charges) and pop your flasks when he surfaces. You should be able to take 1 big hit from him.

You can take a look at this youtube video (Uber Izaro 3rd phase) I made a month back as reference.

"
kira1414 wrote:
"
OneUnited wrote:

Izaro will always launch an initial attack the moment he surfaces. Usually what I do is to circle around him around the circular hole that he is going to popup. This way his first attack will miss.

Remember to get the endurance charges up (you can cast Enduring cry on fonts to get charges) and pop your flasks when he surfaces. You should be able to take 1 big hit from him.

You can take a look at this youtube video (Uber Izaro 3rd phase) I made a month back as reference.

I managed to clear it on the second try :). I stayed outside of the circle during his spawn and went in straight to kill him after he moved around.

By the way, flammability + blasphemy is better than hatred right? I mean, thats what i saw in your guide.
"
OneUnited wrote:

By the way, flammability + blasphemy is better than hatred right? I mean, thats what i saw in your guide.

Hatred is halved by the avatar of fire.
So either flammability, or if you have enough damage take a enfeeble on the CODT for more security, and something defensive as an aura. If you have enough dex a grace is fine, about 40% not to be hit in crowded melee situations.

I like enfeeble more to avoid some of these pesky oneshots.
"
Llyrain wrote:
"
OneUnited wrote:

So either flammability, or if you have enough damage take a enfeeble on the CODT for more security, and something defensive as an aura. If you have enough dex a grace is fine, about 40% not to be hit in crowded melee situations.

I see.. CODT = Cast on damage taken?
"
OneUnited wrote:
"
Llyrain wrote:
"
OneUnited wrote:

I see.. CODT = Cast on damage taken?

Like @Llyrain said, Flammability will provide more damage compared to Hatred. Pretty much a must have gem in the setup.

And I would assume CODT is CWDT (Cast When Damage Taken). Personally, I don't feel there is a need for Enfeeble because those that 1 shot you, will still 1 shot you even with Enfeeble. :)

*** IMPORTANT ***
I have updated the guide to reflect 2.6 skilltree changes! The new skill tree is even better than the one in patch 2.5!

EDIT: Updated the skill tree to use poeplanner. You no longer need to load the tree using an external tool.
Last edited by kira1414 on Mar 1, 2017, 11:37:39 PM
After further exploring the new skill tree, there is a new elemental cluster added at the south east end of the map that this build can abuse.

Added an alternate tank tree that abuses the Primeval Force cluster into the guide.

Pros:
- More fire damage damage
- More fire penetration
- 10% more elemental reflect reduction
- More flask recovery speed

Cons:
- Loses 12% maximum life (down to 199% from 211%)
- Loses some armour %
- 3 max endurance charges instead of 4
- Lower life regen based on % life
the new primeval Force cluster is perfect for this bulid - lots of elemental dmg and 10% reduced reflected elemental dmg taken -> thats HUGE

I played several ngamahu cycloner in HC Breach and all died to reflect - with this new cluster i'll give it another try i think

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info