[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
what's a good alternative to xoph's blood if you don't have enough chaos/ex to buy it? will an amulet with increased fire/elemental damage do any good?

A decently-rolled Carnage Heart amulet is reallyyyy good. (and you take avatar of fire on the tree).
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Jun 24, 2017, 9:58:22 PM
Did 1 Shaper run the other day and both of these dropped from it. Belt-dropped as-is, just tossed the enchant on it.

edit:

Uber Atziri down, wasn't too bad once you get the hang of vaal lightning trap (which isn't even required at all, just makes it easier). Vessels of the vaal are really simple. Trio is pretty faceroll if you just Zerg down the ranged add while not standing in the aoe rain of arrow thing, then kill the reflect guy next and just kite/run while he's enraged and reflecting, then zerg him down once he stops. Last one from there is easy. Did first 2 minibosses deathless, died twice on atziri due to fail, but I'm confident next go I can do it from here with 0 deaths or maybe 1 tops.

Next time I do uber atziri I'll record it so vid is available.
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Jun 25, 2017, 6:20:06 PM
Can you tell us the appropriate time to use the new vaal lightning skill suggestion?
Last edited by HugoVR on Jun 25, 2017, 6:36:08 PM
"
HugoVR wrote:
Can you tell us the appropriate time to use the new vaal lightning skill suggestion?

Vaal lightning trap you would use just strictly for Guardians and Uber Atziri since it applies "shock" to them, increasing dmg taken by 50% for the duration. (can't use on shaper himself since he's shock immune).

It's just for high HP bosses or adds on boss fights that must be killed fast. I believe the mini-bosses on Shaper are also not shock immune, so you should be able to use it on them also.

Vaal lightning trap is basically a semi-requirement for uber atziri because when she splits into the images you want to zerg your target one down ASAP as having it up for even a split second longer can lead to you eating an aoe and getting 1-shot. If you're just doing below t16 maps you don't really have to worry about using it though.. And its by no means a requirement for guardians either.. It's just important to use for this build on uber atziri for the images as cyclone doesn't have the "1-shot" type damage of some of the single-target "zerg" type builds.
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Jun 25, 2017, 6:59:03 PM
Hey guys!

I have just converted my slayer to this build and my dps fully buffed is around 95k for cyclone. What am I doing wrong? I have not taken the 8% attack speed bandit but apart from that everything else is similar. Should I get wise oak?

Thanks!
"
Bengee07 wrote:
Hey guys!

I have just converted my slayer to this build and my dps fully buffed is around 95k for cyclone. What am I doing wrong? I have not taken the 8% attack speed bandit but apart from that everything else is similar. Should I get wise oak?

Thanks!

You need 6L on your chest. Your gems are without quality and they are not at level 20. They make a difference.

Wise Oak is a great DPS flask. You can certainly get that.
Sorry if this has been asked before...I scanned through comments for quite a while and didn't find anything.

Could this build be run to equal effectiveness as a berserker or juggernaut? It seems like the leech and increased damage from berserker could be fairly powerful, but maybe even eclipsed by the crazy defensive capabilities of juggernaut.
Last edited by Brentyfresh on Jun 27, 2017, 4:28:20 PM
"
Brentyfresh wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before...I scanned through comments for quite a while and didn't find anything.

Could this build be run to equal effectiveness as a berserker or juggernaut? It seems like the leech and increased damage from berserker could be fairly powerful, but maybe even eclipsed by the crazy defensive capabilities of juggernaut.

The leech and Cull (execute) from slayer ascendancy makes it pretty insane, and you also get huge bonuses to 2H weapon damage from it as well. After looking through them all, slayer imo is your best bet for ascendancy.. Its so versatile. Juggernaut could be okay if you're on a heavy budget in terms of gear, or if you just hate temporal chains and being slowed.

The next closest ascendancy after slayer you could really make a case for using this build under imo is Raider. Raider you move really fast, so your clearspeed will be higher, and easy frenzy charges where you don't need to worry about using a gem slot for blood rage like you do with slayer (so it frees one up)... Also Raider gives you frenzy charges on single-target boss fights.. Obviously you're going to be more squishy though as raider, which imo the clearspeed and frenzy charges aren't quite worth it enough to pick over slayer. Slayer is just a lot safer.

Another thing, is that this build was originally designed as an Uber Lab runner build (however can easily clear the highest possible content)... Slayer ascendancy with the over-leech makes traps just a non-factor as before you go through any traps in lab you just hit stuff to get your over-leech going and then can just tank the traps all day because you won't drop below 80% life.

edit: Oh, not to mention the stun/bleed etc immunity for Slayer while leeching is great.
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Jun 27, 2017, 6:24:48 PM
"
The leech and Cull (execute) from slayer ascendancy makes it pretty insane, and you also get huge bonuses to 2H weapon damage from it as well. After looking through them all, slayer imo is your best bet for ascendancy.. Its so versatile. Juggernaut could be okay if you're on a heavy budget in terms of gear, or if you just hate temporal chains and being slowed.

The next closest ascendancy after slayer you could really make a case for using this build under imo is Raider. Raider you move really fast, so your clearspeed will be higher, and easy frenzy charges where you don't need to worry about using a gem slot for blood rage like you do with slayer (so it frees one up)... Also Raider gives you frenzy charges on single-target boss fights.. Obviously you're going to be more squishy though as raider, which imo the clearspeed and frenzy charges aren't quite worth it enough to pick over slayer. Slayer is just a lot safer.

Another thing, is that this build was originally designed as an Uber Lab runner build (however can easily clear the highest possible content)... Slayer ascendancy with the over-leech makes traps just a non-factor as before you go through any traps in lab you just hit stuff to get your over-leech going and then can just tank the traps all day because you won't drop below 80% life.

edit: Oh, not to mention the stun/bleed etc immunity for Slayer while leeching is great.

Hmmm. Yeah all of that makes sense. I didn't think about the lab aspect and the versatility does seem pretty invaluable. Thanks for the feedback!
Hello ! Quite a new player and trying to follow this build but I see some problems in the way. First of all I did mess up some points as I was using a sword and a shield but I will eventually try this build from 0 in an upcoming temporary league.

I see myself using Poacher's Mark to keep the Mana up high and recently added the Curse On Hit Support but no efficient results, I guess I have to spam the spell to keep mana leeching to keep enough mana for cyclone. How do you use Cyclone without running out of Mana, I think i'm missing something here but I can't catch it. Thank you for your time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info