[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
tsapadim wrote:
Hey, i read through the guide and i am thinking of trying this out. I have a couple of questions though

1) Ngamahu can just have 6 sockets even if none of them are linked together right?
2) If our main attack and skills/etc, are on the mainhand axe, then we are we trying to buff the damage of cyclone? Isn't cyclone just supposed to proc Ngamahu?

3) could someone explain the reasoning behind all the 4 links that see under "my current gear" i am confused by it, especially AW.

Thank you :)

1. Ngamahu just needs 6-sockets, correct. No links are required as it is the weapon proc itself being supported by gems, and not an actual gem ability itself.

2. Cyclone also does very good damage as well once its all buffed up with Avatar of Fire + damage from gems + gear + talent tree elemental damage. This build being "all about ngamahu damage" is a myth and very false.

3. Ancestral Warchief not only buffs our cyclone damage, but also is useful for killing off elemental reflect mobs in certain situations such as being on an ele weakness map mod with ruby flask not having charges or something. AW is also nice for breaches and is a nice supplement for single target boss dmg. The gems in the helm on that section are just to buff AW damage. The links in the gloves don't really matter.

The current gears section is a bit out-dated, you'll want to run an immortal call + CWDT + increased duration setup, AW setup, and your Flammability + Blasphemy setup. Purity of Fire resistance aura is not at all required to help with ele reflect mobs, especially if you run sibyl's.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, for anyone that's interested in watching the build demo'd, here's a VoD of a fast deathless Chimera run I did earlier today. (with Breach + Nemesis + Bloodlines). btw sorry about sound, music got it muted.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/153686244?t=02m29s (start of map)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/153686244?t=07m37s (For just Chimera fight at the end).
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Jun 22, 2017, 5:28:13 PM
"
Enzymaticc wrote:

1. Ngamahu just needs 6-sockets, correct. No links are required as it is the weapon proc itself being supported by gems, and not an actual gem ability itself.

2. Cyclone also does very good damage as well once its all buffed up with Avatar of Fire + damage from gems + gear + talent tree elemental damage. This build being "all about ngamahu damage" is a myth and very false.

3. Ancestral Warchief not only buffs our cyclone damage, but also is useful for killing off elemental reflect mobs in certain situations such as being on an ele weakness map mod with ruby flask not having charges or something. AW is also nice for breaches and is a nice supplement for single target boss dmg. The gems in the helm on that section are just to buff AW damage. The links in the gloves don't really matter.

The current gears section is a bit out-dated, you'll want to run an immortal call + CWDT + increased duration setup, AW setup, and your Flammability + Blasphemy setup. Purity of Fire resistance aura is not at all required to help with ele reflect mobs, especially if you run sibyl's.

You are correct to point out that Cyclone contribute significant amount of damage when your gears are complete (Xoph's Blood is a must have) and gems leveled up.

And yes. The current gears section in the guide is outdated as they were from patch 2.5. Finally manage to 6L my Bronn's Lithe and the damage boost from it is huge.

I will be updating the current gears in the main guide. Required Gears, Recommended Gears, and Gems section will need an update too. Here is a quick look at how the current gears will look like when the guide is updated:

Bronn's Lithe Cyclone DPS From Path of Building (Without Flasks)
very impressive gear for SSF !

do you think that bronn's is a viable endgame chest for this build ?

it gives a huge dmg boost but has 0 life.

On my ngamahu builds i tried the kintsugi chest, the "20% less Damage taken if you have not been Hit Recently" works for reflected dmg aswell!

I remember that reflect was the only thing that caused trouble for me
Last edited by Freez3r on Jun 23, 2017, 5:17:05 AM
"
Freez3r wrote:
very impressive gear for SSF !

do you think that bronn's is a viable endgame chest for this build ?

it gives a huge dmg boost but has 0 life.

On my ngamahu builds i tried the kintsugi chest, the "20% less Damage taken if you have not been Hit Recently" works for reflected dmg aswell!

I remember that reflect was the only thing that caused trouble for me

Thank you. :)

Yes. Bronn is definitely an endgame chest for this build. At my current level, I have 6150+ life which is sufficient for all content (except probably Hall of Grandmasters Promenade Map).

Sibyl is a must have to handle reflect. With Ruby flask, you will be able to tank through single elemental reflect mob.
Thanks a lot Enzymaticc and kira1414 for your enlightening responses :).

One more thing that came to me. Assuming that i never get Xorph's Blood, how vital is the avatar of fire keystone to the build? The way i understand it (which i am pretty sure i am missing something) we get 50% of all the phys dmg that we would have done and make it fire, then toss the rest. It seems to my inexperienced eyes as a dmg loss. Can you please shed some light on this?
"
tsapadim wrote:
Thanks a lot Enzymaticc and kira1414 for your enlightening responses :).

One more thing that came to me. Assuming that i never get Xorph's Blood, how vital is the avatar of fire keystone to the build? The way i understand it (which i am pretty sure i am missing something) we get 50% of all the phys dmg that we would have done and make it fire, then toss the rest. It seems to my inexperienced eyes as a dmg loss. Can you please shed some light on this?

Good question. Avatar of Fire provides at least 30% more damage (huge) to the build.

In the past (before SSF), I would say you can skip Avatar of Fire keystone till you can afford Xoph's Blood. But after playing SSF (and without Xoph's for extended period of time), I would certainly recommend you to pick up Avatar of Fire from the skill tree. The damage provided is just too good to pass up.

Let me give you an example, though I was able to do full key runs for uber lab in SSF without Xoph, the time to kill Uber Izaro is significantly longer without Avatar of Fire.

The reason being, Ngamahu convert 50% physical damage to fire and Avatar of Fire converts the other 50%, making you deal 100% fire damage. With Fire Penetration on the axe + Flammability curse, monsters are taking more damage from your fire attacks.
I've never played with Ngamahu so decided to try it out in the beta and all I can say is I'm loving it.

Nice to see a Blood Rage in your SSF setup, I found that to be a nice addition.

Unless they change reflect in 3.0 I don't think there will need to be as much defense against it.
Ended up leveling another duelist for the bandits and gonna do tanky on one and yolo glasscannon on the other, btw i just noticed i wasn't using Cyclone properly at all, it's really hard to keep it fast paced doing Leap slam at max range then move cursor close to me for a short cyclone, feeling way better now though, definitely the best/fastest lab runner i have, love it!

Got some cool stuff for 1c as well, more move/resists/damage and a ton of int, though still missing the neck feelsbad
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/154201194

Clench hydra run from earlier.

Map Mods: Enfeeble (F#$% enfeeble), -10% Max Resists, 30% Monster movement speed, 41% Monster attack speed, 42% Cast speed, 20% chance to cause status ailments. #Meleeboys
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Jun 24, 2017, 9:04:09 PM
what's a good alternative to xoph's blood if you don't have enough chaos/ex to buy it? will an amulet with increased fire/elemental damage do any good?
Last edited by VladimirPutin12 on Jun 24, 2017, 9:44:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info