armour problem

the armour needed increased by level is too high we can never reach a desired amount of reduced dmg resonably even by using brass dome armor , belt armor , or on amulet and converting evasion for armor were still way off
Last edited by promico on Jan 15, 2017, 2:33:07 AM
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2017, 1:37:53 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You are "supposed" to combine Armour with endurance charges. And you can add Chaos Golem and Basalt flask.

Armour is weak without endurance charges.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Armour
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
thats exactly what i am pointing out even with end charge its not doing it cuz when we level up we lose too much percentage of physical dmg reduction and even if we use all the extra skill points from lvl to put all in more armor were still lowering lol thats wrong
"
promico wrote:
the armour needed increased by level is too high we can never reach a desired amount of reduced dmg resonably even by using brass dome armor , belt armor , or on amulet and converting evasion for armor were still way off

Actually, we can.
The problem is, armour works only against physical damage, so it doesnt matter how much armour you have if you get hit by deadly elemental damage.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
when we level up we lose too much percentage of physical dmg reduction

You lose nothing. The % is just adjusted for the average white monster damage. Keep in mind that the % reduction in your tooltip from armor is just an estimation. It will not be that efficient against hard hitting monsters. Check the wiki for more information.
im just saying the % of phy dmg reduction we can get is too low
therefore not enough
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
promico wrote:

Actually, we can.
The problem is, armour works only against physical damage, so it doesnt matter how much armour you have if you get hit by deadly elemental damage.

ding ding ding we have a winner. i could create a char with enought armor to survive most phys attacks, problem is phys is only a portion of all the damage you will take so who want to spend half of its tree + sacrifice items slots for something that only works half the time?.

both armor and evasion share the same problem wich are hard counters that completly ignores them and go straight to the hitpoints. so as long as we have those, stacking hitpoints and leech will be the name of the game.

armor and eva need to have a global impact, as said in other post:

1% to max ress every 15k armor
+1% to chaos ress every 4k armor

1% less damage taken every 3k eva

numbers are debatable but we need that to create a choice between stacking hitpoints (life/ES) or daage reduction (armor/eva).
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Jan 15, 2017, 12:18:24 PM
"
caboom wrote:

ding ding ding we have a winner. i could create a char with enought armor to survive most phys attacks, problem is phys is only a portion of all the damage you will take so who want to spend half of its tree + sacrifice items slots for something that only works half the time?.

both armor and evasion share the same problem wich are hard counters that completly ignores them and go straight to the hitpoints. so as long as we have those, stacking hitpoints and leech will be the name of the game.

armor and eva need to have a global impact, as said in other post:

1% to max ress every 15k armor
+1% to chaos ress every 4k armor

1% less damage taken every 3k eva

numbers are debatable but we need that to create a choice between stacking hitpoints (life/ES) or daage reduction (armor/eva).

Actually, i think MAX resistances should be removed from the game. They're too imbalanced - they either have too small impact, or too high (all due to exponential scaling). I think, bonuses to MAX RESIST should be replaced with "less damage taken" bonuses (for corresponding element). Such bonuses stack multiplicatively, so they will allow for OK balancing.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I'm running around with 7 endurance charges, 9k armor and Arctic Armor. And physical damage never kills me.

Elemental damage, on the other hand... You just can't mitigate that shit.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
I'm running around with 7 endurance charges, 9k armor and Arctic Armor. And physical damage never kills me.

Elemental damage, on the other hand... You just can't mitigate that shit.

Well, Chaos Inoculation and Incandescent Heart would work for elemental damage, though you cripple yourself in other ways doing that, like having only 250 ES on your chest.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info