Hey guys, just curious have any of you found a Cartobox yet?

I've been doing the shaped map strat from 85 to 95. Just hit 95 last night. I've found 4+ diviners I believe but never a carto box yet. Are they even rarer than the diviners?
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jan 15, 2017, 12:40:50 AM
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2017, 11:27:47 AM
The only cartographers boss I found was bizarrely early in Mercliless, I want to say like in the Warehouse sewers or something. It was my second character, so I already had maps through tier 10. I let it stay a blue box, since I didn't care about tier 1 maps. It gave me four, three white and 1 blue.

No proper carto boxes while mapping, but I'm still just doing mid tier, no time to reach end game this season.
I have had 2 carto boxes both while leveling characters and both in mid to late merci 1 white and 1 blue IIRC but never in any maps yet
Magic: The Gathering - the only context where "This flavor sounds green" would even remotely make sense.
"
ImSlower wrote:
The only cartographers boss I found was bizarrely early in Mercliless, I want to say like in the Warehouse sewers or something. It was my second character, so I already had maps through tier 10. I let it stay a blue box, since I didn't care about tier 1 maps. It gave me four, three white and 1 blue.

No proper carto boxes while mapping, but I'm still just doing mid tier, no time to reach end game this season.

Lol, same here. I actually seen 2 cartboxes in Dried Lake. But yeah, never in any maps yet.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Several. Cartos are the rarest box, by the way...

Also, they cannot spawn above a certain map tier/zone level, so depending on what map you are running it may not even be possible for them to spawn...
U MAD?
Yes.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Also, they cannot spawn above a certain map tier/zone level, so depending on what map you are running it may not even be possible for them to spawn...

Really? O_o -- What's the tier that they stop spawning at?
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Off the top of my head... 12? As in, they cannot spawn in tier 13, 14, 15, 16 maps.
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Jan 15, 2017, 2:51:11 AM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Off the top of my head... 12?

Hmm, guess I'm just unlucky as balls then haha. Been doing shaped strand, and that's a t11 so I should still be getting a shot. Will continue to farm now :)
It is no surprise that you haven't found one. They really are that rare.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info