Skin-transfers are non reusable, this needs to be explained before I buy

All other effects are reusable, so one merely assumes the same for skin transfers. It wouldn't be a problem if it gave me a warning anywhere in the process of buying it. At some point it says "consumable", but that doesn't really explain it to me unless it I already understand it.
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2017, 8:54:23 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The word consumable is your warning. If you see a word you don't understand, try looking it up.

"Transfers the visual appearance of one item to another of the same type, destroying the first item until reclaimed. (Consumable microtransaction)"

The fact that skin xfers have that note and nothing else does (except things like fireworks) should really be a clue they operate differently.

Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:
The word consumable is your warning. If you see a word you don't understand, try looking it up.

"Transfers the visual appearance of one item to another of the same type, destroying the first item until reclaimed. (Consumable microtransaction)"

The fact that skin xfers have that note and nothing else does (except things like fireworks) should really be a clue they operate differently.

"

At some point it says "consumable", but that doesn't really explain it to me unless it I already understand it.

Why are you making me repost what I already wrote? All they have to do is add a line that explains what they mean by 'consumable' here because that doesn't mean much to me if I've never even bought an effect. Of course you understand, you've bought a bunch of things, I'm sure. I'm speaking for the people that haven't. I just want some clarification.
Last edited by DeadWisdom on Jan 14, 2017, 7:47:34 PM
I'm not making you repeat what you said.

I'm making you own your error.

If you knew what the word consumable meant you never would have posted this. The word is literally in the short description for the mtx.

If you do not know what a word means, look it up.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/
capable of being consumed <consumable goods>

http://www.dictionary.com/
adjective
1. able or meant to be consumed, as by eating, drinking, or using:
consumable goods.

2. liable to be used up or depleted:
comsumable resources.

Those are just two sites on this here internet more than able to help you out. I cannot abide when someone tries to blame others to excuse their own laziness/error.

-Galileo Galilei
I wish they could make skin transfer as permanent skin.

Honestly, I love Atziri Splendour look, but everytime keep buying another one + tranfer the skin is not attractive at all.

"
SupaMF wrote:
I wish they could make skin transfer as permanent skin.

Honestly, I love Atziri Splendour look, but everytime keep buying another one + tranfer the skin is not attractive at all.

This. What's the point of a skin transfer when it's getting stuck in the standard league while you're busy playing the temporary ones? It's a waste of points.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Archwizard wrote:

If you knew what the word consumable meant you never would have posted this. The word is literally in the short description for the mtx.

adjective
consumable goods.

comsumable resources.

Those are just two sites on this here internet more than able to help you out. I cannot abide when someone tries to blame others to excuse their own laziness/error.

You absolute fool. What exactly are you trying to add to the conversation that is constructive? That I should have known it was a one-time deal? Of course, that's the case. That isn't the point in the slightest. I want to help others that would make this simple error in the future.
Last edited by DeadWisdom on Jan 14, 2017, 9:39:19 PM
"
DeadWisdom wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:

adjective
consumable goods.

comsumable resources.

You absolute fool. What exactly are you trying to add to the conversation that is constructive? That I should have known it was a one-time deal? Of course, that's the case. That isn't the point in the slightest. I want to help others that would make this simple error in the future.
I think the point is that others won't make this mistake because it already says Consumable on it. Hell the fact that they are so cheap compared to everything else should be a give away as well.
"
Telzen wrote:
I think the point is that others won't make this mistake because it already says Consumable on it. Hell the fact that they are so cheap compared to everything else should be a give away as well.

Yes, there are many clues. Again, not the point. It just needs clarification. And it's very simple; I'm not asking for a new skill gem or to nerf energy shield. I'm asking for one line of text that would help many others.
"
DeadWisdom wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:

adjective
consumable goods.

comsumable resources.

Here is your original post title, just in case you decide to edit it:

"Skin-transfers are non reusable, this needs to be explained before I buy"

Here is your OP, again in case of editing shenanigans.

"
DeadWisdom wrote:
All other effects are reusable, so one merely assumes the same for skin transfers. It wouldn't be a problem if it gave me a warning anywhere in the process of buying it. At some point it says "consumable", but that doesn't really explain it to me unless it I already understand it.

You originally posted this in bug reports.

You were not, in any way, trying to help others when you posted this. You were bitching that you didn't know those mtxes were one-time use items. By placing it bug reports you were saying that GGG was at fault.

Your OP says "It wouldn't be a problem if it gave me a warning anywhere in the process of buying it." You then acknowledge the word consumable, but clearly indicate you did not know what that word meant at the time you bought the mtx.

Do not try and make yourself innocent/a victim here. You screwed up in your thinking/expectations/etc. Own it.

What am I trying to add? Simple: People need to own their actions and decisions. Resources are available to assist in making decisions.

If you had applied even the barest minimum in curiosity or critical thinking, you would not have acted before understanding the entire description of the item. The word consumable was not hidden in the depths of some labyrinthine transaction. It's right there in the short description of the item. Before you even click on it. You literally cannot buy this mtx without an opportunity to read it.

People should not have to be told "Hey, try reading before you buy something. Oh and by the way, make sure you understand the words in there before you continue." People should know to do that already.

And now, I'm done with you.

-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info