Thank you for helping lower prices of overpriced items set up by greedy/rmt people.

"
rhah wrote:
"
Sidad wrote:
"
rhah wrote:
People like that are actually good for the trade because they push prices and find what items are REALLY worth.

If there are enough people who pay what those sellers ask then that's what those items are worth.

Oh really? What if there isn't enough players who can afford certain items only because they are being held artificially high? I'm sure RMT people are most grateful since it makes their business profit most.

If there aren't enough buyers then the flipper doesn't sell his items fast enough or at all. You can't buy all items and set prices ridiculously high. It doesn't work like that. You won't make profit. Sure, you might sell an item here and there to someone who dual wields credit cards, but there are very few of such players, 99.9% of the player base doesn't spend real money.

A lot flippers don't care if people buy in temp league and regulate their price with standard league trade price. That is why there is super overpriced items staying for weeks/months for trade that no one buys. All flipper has to do is buy all targeted items and raise price to lvl of standard league. And very small number of people can actually farm themselves for wanted items so I do believe that RMT is doing much better than what you say.

Especially with kids today... why bother farming for days when you can easily buy tons of exalted for 10 bucks and get item you want or even better directly buy item you want?
"
joebagz wrote:
Let's not bring your personal gripes on here because you missed a trade and had to pay more for an item....

Please, don't spout nonsense.

"
joebagz wrote:
You are playing the wrong game if you think GGG would ever try to stop people from buying multiple items or flipping for profit. Free market is most of the game. This isn't auction house autobuyout simulator 4000. Flipping or trading specifically for profit takes knowledge, TIME and RISK, none of which you acknowledged. GGG has no problem with people playing the economy to advance or playing the game to advance and you shouldn't either.

Normal flipping and multiple item buying is ok Have no problem with that but buying all items out so you can keep prices extremely high is not my concept of free trade. And autobuyout is real. Script kiddies are real and some free instant alarm item price script used to be posted on this forum as well. Much faster than poe trade.
This thread reminds me of two things:

A. A certain space opera. "So this is how democracy dies.... with thunderous applause."

B. Someone posted on Facebook about how he was so happy Obamacare was being repealed. His reasoning? He's on the ACA so he "won't be affected."
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I don't mind RMT people. Some people just trying to make a living. You know less than 1% owns 99% of wealth in world? Some countries have over 50% unemployment? Can't hate on a man for RMT in a freken video game. At the end of the day its GGGs fault without good enough trade and monitoring systems of their own.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 13, 2017, 7:08:47 PM
prices should be fixed! and not higher then 2 EX.... BOOM.. why? trading isn't about the prices it's about the trade... if you are a new player, forget about trading you are doomed.

also, if you let people dictate the price of items, market is going to be destroyed and only for the elite!... saw this happen with to many games. people are stupid and greedy.

example:
guild wars 2, a black colour dye, was in the beginning 3 gold. that's pretty much already for a dye. i stopped playing the game after some time i came back and for fun i looked the exact same dye prices up in the trading market, geus what. 54gold (this was the cheapest)........ i didn't even bother to play the game anymore.

now the fact that you could BUY gold with real money did offcourse help this to happen. as of yet, to my knowledge (and correct me if im wrong im still a new player). you cannot really buy currency with money can you in poe?
"
Silver__Eagle wrote:
prices should be fixed! and not higher then 2 EX.... BOOM.. why? trading isn't about the prices it's about the trade... if you are a new player, forget about trading you are doomed.

Terrible idea, any valuable item people would just RMT it or sell for fg instead of sell for such a pitiful amount of in game currency. There is already a large item black market, that idea would just expand it massively.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Jan 17, 2017, 7:05:51 AM
I'd quite like to see a BDO type AH or price system in the game, where items have set min/max's they can sell for and they trend up or down over time depending on people buying at the top or the bottom. Its a good system for ensuring nooblets don't get screwed, stopping currency manipulation and finding an items general worth.

Flippers are just middlemen looking for a cut without adding anything to the game, they wouldn't be missed :p
buy them cheap exalts now in league and ruin standart economy aswell , GO! :D
"
hyper_ch wrote:
People seem to forget, that prices are just made up.

A trade occurs when the potential seller and potential buyer agree on a price. This can be 1 Alt or 10 Ex. If neither party is happy with the price, no trade will take place. If a trade takes place, then both parties are happy with the price.

Thread should have ended after this post. In fact this post should just be copy/pasted into every one of these stupid threads where people complain about prices in this game.
"
whitelytning wrote:
"
hyper_ch wrote:
People seem to forget, that prices are just made up.

A trade occurs when the potential seller and potential buyer agree on a price. This can be 1 Alt or 10 Ex. If neither party is happy with the price, no trade will take place. If a trade takes place, then both parties are happy with the price.

Thread should have ended after this post. In fact this post should just be copy/pasted into every one of these stupid threads where people complain about prices in this game.

Accepted =/= happy, many will be willing to be gouged to enable a build because they are busy you know, playing the game it doesn't change that they got scalped. Its easy to pay when the currency you shell out is going to someone elses gear, it isn't as easy when you know its going to an enormous pile in a stash.

If you're using PoE as an interface to play poetrade then I think there's a problem, if your just trading while progressing through the game there really isn't. There is a scale difference there many people will flip an item intentional or unintentionally in a league for a whole variety of reasons but very few will flip hundreds of items and the ones that flip hundreds are the only ones with enough impact to alter prices wholesale.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info