So are there like...anti-price manipulator vigilantes/police now?

"
lethargie wrote:

Outside of the subject at hand: The D3 "auction" were terrible because of the "auction". Add to that the real money value of gold and they ended up in an epic cluster of shit.

This is actually really important to understand what PoE can do to avoid the same pitfalls.

The core problem wasn't just the RMAH, it's that the RMAH removed some major barriers for botting companies to make crazy amounts of money through botting farms. Since they then had a rather large customer base (compared to the usually small groups of those willing to cheat and risk their accounts), the only real limitation to how much they could profit was bottlenecked at how many bots they could set up. Monthly banwaves and account freezing had no impact whatsoever, they just took the money they made from botting and bought new copies and went back to making massive amounts of money.

This unprecedented scale of botting led to an unprecedented level of inflation. The game's economy was actually quite balanced with the AH tax mathematically determined to keep inflation at a minimum under the assumption that the average player can make X amount of gold every day. Add the boys in and the amount of gold entering the economy is waaaaay beyond what any human player could keep up with.

So back to the topic at hand: from this we can gather two points:

First, the existence of an auction house alone won't cause the economy to crash and burn like it did with D3. It'll certainly create new challenges but hardly the end of the game as we know it.

Second, the real thing to worry about is RMT and the economy around it. All it takes is for botting to be profitable enough for people to create a business for it, and you can suddenly get a runaway inflation train.

With those points in mind, it one can easily extrapolate why GGG has been dragging their feet on the trade issues we have been experiencing over the past few leagues: they want to make extra doubly super certain that any cross-instance solution they roll out doesn't lower the economic barriers to RMT botting to become a thing. Which I think is a reasonable approach.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
I trade only when i'm in the mood. So 90% of time don't answer. Deal with it :P
NGI RULES !
"
Huh first time I've heard of that o.0

Yeah me Neither so now i guess im gonna get fucking reported for being in the middle of a Uul-Netol Breach run because i cant stop or respond till its done for a couple mins? Ive already got cussed once over this now i have to worry about getting reported to? Fucking amazing community.. Stay classy..

Had the same shit when i was in a trial and i even stopped to tell them im in trail will inv after..
Nope still not good enough why cant you leave the trial now? I cant wait just use a TP scroll...
I mean i understand not everyone does the side content like that but a little patience goes a long way. If i said give a min and you cant wait fine but dont sit and give me shit over something i have litteraly no control over when i said you have to wait.. And now i have to worry about getting reported too on top of all that?

Im about to the point of going fully self found. Hell i dont bother buying shit but very seldom and its mostly currency trading or just selling shit so its not like it would be a huge change anyway.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jan 17, 2017, 5:25:55 AM
Whatever GGG comes up with it needs to include a mechanism like Black Desert where if you put something up for sale (causing people to stop what they're doing and go to AH or your hideout or whatever) you cannot cancel it or change the price for 10-15 minutes.

Viola! No more fake sales! If it is posted, people have a chance to buy it at that price.

My today experience:

wtb leaguestone copy pasted from poe trade.
seller puts me on ignore list and tells me so. Must be auto message or smth.

I check his other items.. - He is a flipper. Lowballs prices and buys them out instantly.

Spent 15min trying to buy leaguestone breach and didnt succeded. It was either no response(silent ignore) or item sold. Fine, it just wastes every buyers at least 15min, not just my time.

GL buying leaguestones, essences, or maps. At least 10 20 results are flippers. Ridicilous! Its like forced Solo self found.

Thanks GGG, its actually forced solo self found. Not sure how many players stumble on my situation everytime.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
just instantly blacklist them, i know i do :D

seems nothing at first..
untill the day comes you have that bad boy item they absolutely want,
and realise they can't contact you anymore 3:)
IGN: Bluntexile
Stumbled upon this thread, not 15 minutes later I list a jewel for 9c and continue my mapping.

Suddenly I get like 10+ whispers all at once from different people. I knew something was up right away. One dude told me it's worth a lot more so I price checked and sold it for 15c.

I'm scared for two reasons:

1. I could have sold that jewel for less than it is worth, realize it later and be really pissed.
2. I had to answer and explain myself to every single person who whispered me, so they don't report me or whatever, even though I didn't do shit
2.a: I had to even put on /dnd "explanation", because even after selling it, I still got whispers from people wanting to buy it / checking if I'm legit selling it. Can't even tell until they cancel the trade I guess.

This is SERIOUSLY bad for the health of the game. Goddamnit do something about it GGG. The league has been flawless so far. But this shit right here needs to stop.

Edit: One guy even has it listed for 1c. Guess what happens when you whisper him?
Fuck my life.
Last edited by DieKao on Mar 10, 2017, 6:35:26 PM
Yup, it's still freaking awful, trying to convert currency is the most annoying shit ever. 9/10 sellers don't respond, and that's not even an exaggeration.

However bad GGG thinks an auction house may be, they need to understand that this current model is not acceptable and is a humongous turnoff. If I was new and this was the kind of trading experience I encountered I'd probably leave and never come back. Clean up your game, guys...
happend to me aswell xD was dude don't ask for my item if u don't intend to buy it :')
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
I remember one time I had an item listed for a few chaos (after gradually reducing the price over time) and someone did the poe.trade whisper but once they came into my hideout didn't actually trade for it, instead telling me I was selling it too cheap.

I suggested they buy it from me at the price I'd listed so that they could resell it themselves at a profit.

They didn't.

I guess it was too good for them.

The really annoying thing is when someone asks for an item, accepts the invitation, enters your hideout, and then immediately leaves the party and when you ask what's going on, apparently they just spam a dozen people because they can't be arsed waiting for replies.
It's not that hard to wait a few seconds.
I do it myself.
And how the HELL can you send a whisper, accept the party invitation, enter the hideout AND THEN decide that "no, I'm buying the exact same item from another person when I'm already in this person's hideout and they've got the trade window open.

But the decent trades make this system all worth it.
When you do a trade and the other player turns out to have the same build as you so you both spend a minute just spamming skills around the hideout for fun, or you get into a build discussion or general conversation.
I mean, yeah it's less convenient if all you wanna do is get your shit and get out without having to deal with an actual person but fuck it, I like it.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info